Help Understanding the Power Grid Management

I’ve lost a Harbinger to Level 3 security missions, and have just purchased my second. I’m scouring the web to find tips and tricks for L3 fits, and everything I can find is old.

I’ve settle on the beam fit specs from Eve Uni, but my power grid cannot support everything it recommends to install. I’m training up Power Grid Management 5 now, and plan on getting Advanced Weapons Systems next, but even in the simulator I can’t find a fit online that is within the Harbinger’s power grid. The suggesting fitting did not have any power grid rigs either, so I’m good and confused.

Was the Harbinger’s power grid reduced in a patch and now it’s simply not used? What other skills can I use to increase my grid? Where can one go to find good, recent fitting suggestions?

Could you list the fit you are having issues with? That would help a lot…

Assuming you mean the one actually title “beam fit”, I don’t see the problem with it.

Skills that could help are:

• Power grid management
  • Advanced weapons upgrades
  • Energy weapons rigging

The first will give you more power, the other two will make your guns require less. Generally, T2 guns take a fair amount of power, so they require some investment in order to be able to online a full rack of them.

I hesitate to post links, so yes, the “Harbinger: Beam fit” on Eve Uni.
The rigging it has, Medium Energy Collision Accelerator I, increases power grid cost… :disappointed_relieved:

I can’t find a rig that lowers energy weapons’ power grid requirements…

There is nothing wrong with posting links, but I’m pretty sure we are talking about the same fit, so alright.

Yes, the rig is the reason that I mentioned the Energy Weapons Rigging skill: it will reduce the power increase penalty from the rig. I don’t think there is a rig that reduces power grid requirements. Rigging skills are weird like that, they don’t enable new things, but reduce the penalty of rigs from their category.

Back to the rig, you could just not fit it, that will already reduce the overall power needed. If that is still not enough, try to fit a Medium Ancillary Current Router in its place, which will give you more power.

As you train skills, you will eventually not need the Ancillary Current Router, then have enough power to spare to use the rig.

As an aside, for level 3 missions, you won’t need the warp scrambler. Fitting something like a capacitor recharger would be better for similar fitting costs, since that will help you not run out of capacitor (which you need to repair your ship and keep firing at things).

1 Like

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Harbinger/Fittings

• To reduce rig drawbacks you may skill “Energy Weapon Rigging”
  • 1600mm Steel Plates II need 70 more power grid than Rolled Tungsten Plates

You skilled T2 Med guns before Advanced Weapon Upgrades. Don’t neglect the supporting skills. Btw it is possible to finish L3 Sites in T1 and Meta guns and modules.

@ Mara Nahrnid
First of all, Amarr ships are much more difficult to fit and use (due to massive cap issues) than other factions. However if you can make it work it’ll be worth while.

Secondly, while the EVE Uni Wiki is really good their fits are almost always horrible. So I’d urge you to not use their fits at all.

If you post what level you have for the following skills I’ll make you a fit that works.

• powergrid management
  • cpu management
  • weapon upgrades
  • advanced weapon upgrades
  • energy grid upgrades
  • capacitor systems operation
  • capacitor management
  • armor rigging

Here is a Lvl 3 Osmium Fit for the Harbinger.

[Harbinger, Mission lvl3 Ammar Harbinger]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
1MN Afterburner II

Heavy Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
[empty high slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x5

That is not a good fit at all.

The problem with “public” fitting programs and websites is that the fits are provided by… the public, and lets be honest: the average EVE player isn’t very good or knowledgable.

That fit also has a 1mn afterburner. A single lit fart in the grim darkness of space.

The fit might be still tight for a harbinger with the heavy lasers. Maybe medium lasers with navy gamma would give better application with lower pg and cap use. A cap charger can be replaced with a tracking computer to give either range or better tracking vs frigates. For getting through l3’s quickly, having better tracking and a range of laser crystals for different ranges is useful. Remember that doing 500dps with multifrequency on paper might seem better, but all of that might be missing because of bad tracking. Also other crystals use less capacitor. Which means that you can be shooting for longer.

Of course a 10mn y-s8 afterburner should be used for the lower pg and cap use. And it is the right side as well.

A harbinger navy issue is much easier for fitting and can even be shield tanked reasonably well. Can handle some l4 missions as well.

:rofl:

As to the question: train up advanced weapon upgrades, and use rig slots to cover fitting problems and cap before other uses (usually).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.