Here is how to gain neutral standings to triglavian npcs

Now pray CCP don’t alter the deal any further. :ccpguard:

Even if they do it’s still not a big deal to just change side when needed

Looks like I picked a bad week to extract my JF skills.

This can still be achieved should you wish to be neutral

Hey, are you sure?
I just pingponged an Alt to +0.001 Trig // -0.001 Edencom.
It’s been over an hour and a couple of relogs since I killed the last Edencom ship to get to that standing.
Now trigs leave me alone in Emerging Conduits and at gates.

Edencom ships behave strangely.
Gate guns and spawns in Forward Posts aggro on me, while a fleet guarding a gate left me be.

I’ll check their behaviour after downtime again tho, since right now (1 hr after the original post) I am still aggressed in sites, but gateguns and a little Edencom gatecamp left me be just now.

1 Like

As long as your relations with EDENCOM is above -0.01, you’re still neutral to them. It’s just that you can’t pull it off just by killing one EDENCOM ship now, since the standing changes is buffed to overshoot that. How much did you have to pingpong to get into the buffer?

I think I’ve been in 2-3 sites for each side on that alt. He got overall 6 standing adjustments in the log. Sadly, I haven’t been keeping track of what ship gives what standing.
Also sometimes I have just plopped a mob in the first wave and went out and in other sites I’ve stayed until payout.
It seems massively difficult to properly manipulate that standing. The last site I did also applied 2 standing pings. One after ~15 mins and one came after some 40ish mins and I completely didn’t expect the second one.

Edit: and as stated, Edencom forces haven’t really made up their mind about me so far it seems. Some are red without agressing and whatnot. I’ll check all instances after DT again and hope they will be more consinstent there

And Edit post DT: Soo, Triglavian are leaving me completely alone as far as I can tell. Be it roaming fleets, mobs in conduits and whatever, nothing touched me at +0.001.
Edencom is still undecisive. A small collection of mobs just did leave me alone at a gate.
Mobs in sites do agress me and roaming mobs that were camping a station blapped my shuttle and my pod.

So far my conclusion: You get annoyed a little less with +0.001/-0.001 but I won’t rely on that in the least and nothing makes sense.

2 Likes

It’s possible and I have 3 alts now all neutral.

It’s just a pain in the ass and sometimes takes a while.

Go find out how.

1 Like

Cryptic and unhelpful. 10/10.

3 Likes

How do I opt out of the game’s PvE? CCP really needs to implement a PvE flag into EVE.

1 Like

I think CCP added that you now consent to PvE anytime you undock. :wink:
They’re not out to destroy the game, they’re out to destroy your…, oh who am I kidding, they are out to destroy everyone’s game…or so it seems sometimes. :thinking:

Have to wait until they return from sabbatical for a clearer answer, I guess.

4 Likes

BS, I never consented to anything, you troll.

Why should I have to get griefed by AI every time I go to an asteroid belt to kill a player in peace? I’m not touching the NPCs, so I don’t see why they should be allowed to attack me like this. This game is a joke. I can’t even scout for my war targets, or warp away from my sniping spot behind the station, without getting ganked by some stupid bot in a Drekavac who probably bought it with his clade’s credit card. No wonder players are leaving the game. I can’t even leave my station to go sell my suicide-gank loot because the undock is camped by a bunch of bored Svarogs.

If CCP wants EVE to stay alive into the next year, they will make changes, and soon. There should be consequences for NPCs that decide that they want to make players’ lives miserable. I already dropped three of my six subs, and won’t bother renewing the others once they run out. Plenty of other games for people like me to go to, that don’t treat their players like crap. Then when we all leave, you can sit in your empty game and giggle with your Triglavian buddies until they pull the cord on the servers.

You know what REALLY tans my hide? When I uncloak 15,000 km off of a gate and the gate rats target me and prevent me from recloaking.

For what it’s worth I shot and destroyed 1 EDENCOM ship (and lost my Drake in the process, total noob) and EDENCOM are red, but not super aggressive? Landed on a stargate in an EDENCOM Fortress system and only 1 of the 3 Gunstars shot at me, the others sat there oblivious to my presence, despite being red. I sat there for a good minute or so to see what would happen, but it remained unchanged.

In that respect if you’re a neutral to all of this it certainly seems that having EDENCOM hostile to you is less oppressive than Triglavians, who are super aggressive with points, DPS, etc.

That is truth.

This content comes to you, by design. You can blame only CCP.

CCP is going to nerf the neutral zone. All this effort to become neutral to both will be wasted.

They already changed it to what it is now and stated there was some wiggle room and neutrality is possible.

Yes if you cannot get the perfect balance to become neutral to both sides it is definitely easier to be slightly pro-trig.

Kinda annoyed that one of my neutrals I never wanted to be neutral but now I have it I would rather not lose it.

Warning!!! Steve is unpredictable and an ass sometimes. Even when neutral he sometimes attacks.

So when i get it right, when you have +standing with triglavians you have more peace but not fully, because Edencom attacks you sometimes ?
My problem is that i want to go sell Ore to Jita and on my route are several triglavian-systems. I hoped i could get a positive standing to be able to sell my ore in future because with my bestower i dont stand a chcance if they attack me.
So even when i do this method mentioned here, and get slightly positive standing with triglavians and a little bit negative with Edencom…there is no safety ?
I just want to sell my Ore with my Bestower, so every helpful hint on this is very welcome

for the time being you can STILL gain very small triglavian standing, making you in the buffer room for edencom and effective neutral.

It’s the grind to do, but it’s possible…