Here is how to gain good standings to EDENCOM npcs ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™€๏ธ

With recent patch CCP changed how standings with EDENCOM work. If you did shot EDENCOM npcs thinking you will be neutral with trigs and EDENCOM, like explained here, you may be surprised.

Trigs will not shoot you, but EDENCOM will now, if you get ANY negative standings with them.
EDENCOM holds major amount of invaded systems already, so you may want to support that side more than trigs.

Here is how to get GOOD standings with EDENCOM again, so they dont shoot you:

Join one of player made EDENCOM defence fleets in a high sec system near you, and shoot trigs together. That will make your standings with EDENCOM npcs go up and you will be protected in high sec minor victory systems and fortresses by roaming EDENCOM fleets. The trigs also drop nice loot, and you get payout from destroying them, while protecting yourself and systems you like to fly in, also GUNSTARS will not shoot you.

EDIT: apparently its still possible to get neutrality towards both. :psyccp:

3 Likes

Or just get enough so you can easily change later and flip flop between the two factions as and when you need too.

I need to go pick up ore from an edencom fortress system later. Only need 0.0001 then when I reach home I can quickly switch back. More of a pain now but still doable

Its not so easy as you paint it. Flip flops are good on the beach, not so much when you are a trader or mission runner or explorer. Imagine warping alone around just to get standing go one way or another for best route. Best is to keep high sec safe with EDENCOM so you can get everywhere and avoid situation when systems fall into null status efffectively, with liminalities.

1 Like

Edencom can keep highsec safe ?

Players can, together with EDENCOM npcs. Relatively safe, like usual. Like it always have been.

1 Like

The same stagnated highsec we all know and love.

Pirates and gankers keep me on my toes, trigs are just annoying.

The fact invasions happened made it dynamic already, but eventually the static alliegiance and security status state will be achieved in case systems stay permanently in their achieved states.

1 Like

Now if you side with trigs tho, you can be sure EDENCOM will be annoying.

1 Like

So what happens to my HS trucking business. Now there is no place to sit and be neutral to both.

Frankly when I read they made this change, I figured whatโ€™s the point in figuring out the new meta? Just when I have it figured out they are going to **** me anyway.

At this point I have lost all interest in logging in. Hopefully things will change and I will like the environment again, but for now I have no desire to figure this out.

2 Likes

You could make another alt on the same account that aligned to the other side. Contract ship log out log in continue

Nothing happens, just stay at your keyboard.

The same thing was suggested in reddit, to make more freighter alts. But its quite frankly a very shortsighted tactic. What if few systems will alternate alongside route, one of which Triglavian liminality system? Kinda have to keep routes clean eventually. Better start early.

1 Like

Why is it short sighted if it helps me bypass this completely . I have no intentions of fighting for edencom lol I will find a way to make this change as painless as possible

yes , i did the triglavian thing now Iโ€™m bad with edencon , good โ– โ– โ– โ–  , i never wanted to fight for either side , is enough to me being a soldier of amarr and hated by the dirty minmatar and the galente degenerate , to me this new conflict is artificial and stwwwwwwwpppd , good job devs , not

3 Likes

Not everyone has to choose but for highsec dwellers it seems we are forced to

at least make all the contested system low sec so i can shot the mofos who claim to be "fighting " for one side wen in reality are just rating like carebear rating bears do
im really pissed about this thing , last topic i said its stupid to make pvp players chase some specific npc to shot , but ok , we did it now that
what a f up

1 Like

CCP has never heard of Ex Post Facto, I guess.

Changing ship loadouts are one thing, changing basic rules to penalize players in the future for past actions dictated by, at the time, laws that allowed for no negative consequences from minor actions is poor game management. CCP just gave every player (especially solos) trying to be neutral in the event a big FU. Instead of merely closing a poorly scrpted loophole, they actually penalize a player for actively following the rules and then retroactively making them pay a penalty.

6 Likes

What gets me is edencom believe that this will now make people fight with them.

More likely going to make people say FU CCP and join the triglavians

FTFY :slight_smile:

2 Likes