Hey, CCP. i know what your doing and i dont think its going to work

Can tax the SP by having skills that aren’t being used decay. And/or add account maintenance fees that when you don’t log in and play/pay for a long time, your stuff is deleted.

True but the psychological aspect is there and even if the result is the same monetarily, many people would view the decay or maintenance fee as oppressive.

Well, i think, for obvious reasons, the vast majority like the current system of putting in the subscription and/or plex to gain skills points over time, and to an unknown extent, to gain isk to trade for skills and toys.
You know people love to invest their time to “build”, that’s the whole reason why some games are so addictive.

But new players also need a carrot, something that puts the hook in them.
So, the “expert systems” might be a good hook, and I think its a good “trial” for seasoned vets aswell.
But i dont agree with the pricing of it, for me, it quite expensive. I would love to be able to buy expert system for plex/isk to try things out.

But CCP is trying to ninja flex the ecosystem of EVE (for false flagged reasons) into a bigger isk sink. At the very end of the isk-sink spectrum, we can conclude that there is a “pay2play” fee -alongside the current “plex2play” (and this is why it feels schitzo!)
but before that very point is reached, we will have an ecosystem that is transforming more and more into a “pay2win”.

I advocate “more bang for the buck”
thus i advocate;
industrial to be “cheaper” in amount and in isk of material and availability.
a market without an isk sink (this sink protects and serve only the space-rich… that can afford to “buy out the market”… at the cost of everyone else)
a smaller Eve-universe by means of game mechanics ex. such as npc-jump bridges in high/low and further reach/cheaper cost of the jump bridges in low.
(i find that a little travel time is needed for MMO’s but… the terms ‘little’ is underlined… have ccp asked themself why the ‘25-pilot yeet filaments’ is considered to be fun?)

All in all… the current state of the game, eve cannot sustain itself… even less, “give ccp money to be able to do stuff ingame” … is kinda pointless until there is a steady and regular stream of content in the whole universe, i mean…
What i’ve seen, the last couple of “events” have been targeted to a specific region:
“spend 10hrs to travel across the universe, get ganked by this spectrumkid and his 30 alts… re-ship, do this thing … gain 5000 sp!!!” … CCPLS.

1 Like

Nothing has changed, you can’t buy meaningful success with IRL cash in EvE. If you shortcut, you either die clueless and lose your stuff or ruin your fun in the game and you quit.

CCP’s fault is, though understandable, to suggest to new players, that it is feasible to shortcut.

4 Likes

Its not about shortcuts.
What i mean by “pay2win”, is that someone with RL$ can sponsor and boost their learning curve by having an real edge.
Someone who can buy their way into more ships. more frequently, also learns to fly it to perfection faster.

in a pvp scenario, two pilots with equal minds and experience… They cancel each other out.
The one who brought RL$ into the equation wins.

thats the REAL and ugly truth about the “pay2win” that you can see in our society every day, its not at all about shortcuts in the sense your describing it.

The ingame currency is ISK. You can’t buy ships or implants with RL cash, only with ISK. The access to ISK is open to everybody, be it with PLEX or ingame “work”. The one may take longer than the other, which was the deal since PLEX was introduced. But that’s not “pay2win” because who wins a fight depends mostly on RL skills, including the decision whether or how to fight.

Only if there were items that you could only get with real $ that were better than normal items and/or if they made it very extremely onerous to acquire items in game so that clearly most people would spend rl $ to get them instead of a ridiculous effort spent in game. The latter is of course a sliding scale. How do you make it tough enough to catch enough lazy people’s cash while keeping enough regular gamers happy and thinking it is not too tough. CCP seems to be sliding the gears towards making isk tougher, likely increasing the amount of people that say screw it and sell plex to get isk, while still people are willing to deal with the extra effort of the updates.

Ok, before addressing all that was spoken this point is very curious. Why expert systems are money and not PLEX?

CCP gave up on keeping PLEX meaninful, it’s just a conversion of money to digital money where the print machine is going on crazy. Economy dictates that this leads to inflation, since nothing is backed by PLEX other than few stuff and acc time, it’s safe to assume few very rich people are trying to keep the price and people are still looking for PLEX to get some sweet omega time.

CCP should have made the expert systems to be obtained by PLEX, so the more stuff backed by PLEX the more intrinsic value attributed to it. But what they are doing is the opposite, the market is suffering the hit.

CCP fked up the free marketing introducing an infinite unlimited amount of PLEX and not enough sink to it, now the consequences are becoming apparent, the stuff you guys are complaining are, in principle, side effects.

It’s safe to assume the ship is sinking. It’s like a government accepting Bitcoin instead of their FIAT. It smells!

2 Likes

I think what we need here is just more bang for your buck. People should be rewarded for spending $, and penalized for not. There should be a quick and easy shortcut for every ship you want to fly, like 20 bucks for a HAC or 50 bucks for a FAX Machine.

By doing this, CCP makes money, and we get more content. It’s a win-win!

Was clear for years. At least for me.
All the changes in mechanics, rebalances, new additions to game. They even admittted they have to think about monetization while doing anything.

This is example of player who after CCP makes grind more prevailing in everything what you do in game, because everything is bought for ISK, is simply happy that he can spend more IRL bucks.

I think what we need here is just more bang for your buck. People should be rewarded for spending $, and penalized for not.

Unfortunately you will have to spend the IRL bucks repeatedly, at least for now, before CCP makes Omega ships somehow invulnerable for cash.

They are, with ISK they buy for their $

You know nothing Jon Snow. Negative motivation, penalty only drives people away over time. It’s unsustainable.

In MMOs the proportion of paying customers to f2p players is roughly the same, there are studies on that. Number of whales is a function of your games population. You absolutely cannot punish players for not paying. The more people play your game, the more whales you have.

Alpha clone state in this sense is a debatable option. The game is too big, too good, alpha is way too limited. As an alpha you are way more limited than an f2p player in other MMOs would be.

Why pay to win schematic fails? Because at some point you understand that what makes you win or lose is only how strong “credit card warrior” you are. Skill, dedication, tactics, meta becomes secondary thing. At that point you notice it is same as “Electronic Arts” and you dump that game.

Pardon me, but I can very easily buy myself with RL $$$ into a HG Talisman abyssal shield buffer Dramiel and steamroll noobs all day long for zero effort.

This applies to all levels of the game and doesn’t really require such extensive skills or knowledge about the game to pull off.

Go ahead, and show your killboard. Also your neut speed will vastly help you winning fights in the Dramiel. Your comment just proves my point nicely. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, it’s proving I can just easily buy my way in and win.

That said be it with ingame aquired ISK or RL $$, which is essentially the same thing as the lines between isk and $$ is already blurred.

Is this you?

I can’t see anything you won’t be able to pull with standard fits. The losses show no bling, but normal PvP fits. Also pods are safe in lowsec, so one time investment. Decent win/loss ratio. Where is the pay2win?

Hey calm your tits down, I’m not saying standard fits don’t work, they sure do. They’re just a lot more unforgiving to use than what I paid good money to use to steamroll fights easily without breaking much of a sweat or having to reship … ie: win, which was the whole point.

I can pay to have just that extra edge above standard fits to make fights more easily winnable.

Pods are safe in lowsec until Hetoki or some other cloaky smartbomber shows up ^^

And yea, thats the real me :3

Until you get caught in the bling fit, now that all know your main Verlyn, and know you like bling. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like