High Sec and New Player Experience Are Tied - Make a change CCP

Around 2014 eve had more players and high sev was even more dangerous … making high sec safer chased many players away and they never come back and we never be able to catch these numbers again … what is your explanation ?

I can tell you the biggest problem… carebear mindset … this games balance tipped over behalf of grinders long time ago not warriors

1 Like

I could feel the emotion felt, when newbro is killed with all his fortune, grinding for months. And then what he can do? Make a personal vendeta? Which is invalidated by current game mechanics, of course you could spend all day trying to gank the gankers, but we all know it is complete waste of time.
What we need is that ganked players could retaliate, bounty system is complete BS aswell.
I would say that gankers whole account should be affected by collecting “points” of players killed in highsec (without legal engagement rules). After certain threshold he would loose concord protection for certain amount of time.

I could feel it too… what to you think im kind of psychopath lack of emphaty ?..

No … thats not the case … if new pilot sulk around in new eden with all his apples in one basket before learn properely survival skills then blame on PvP ers ? Closing their ayes to reality will protect them ?

Sory but i had seen so many rookies there despise me even when i tried to warn and teach some survival skills… and call me ASSHOLE ! That is ignorance in purest form nothing else nothing more !

If you playing game you learn the rules… EVE is bit alike chess … its easy to learn whics stone moove where and how it mooves … but that is never be enough to be a good chess player?.. and untill you learn you loose alot to more experienced players… or you expect them to act like they loose the game even they can win… thats also first class heresy… because in that case you cant learn anything properely either … sometimes results are the best ways to learn the lessons… NEW EDEN is harsh and Tough strong ones survive and thrive … thats natural selection .

1 Like

I think the problem here is that the new player spent months grinding to amass a pile of stuff without having any meaningful game experiences. People quit because their initial time in Eve convinces them Eve is about stuff when it wasn’t meant to be that way. That is the carebear mindset and that mindset makes people quit when they lose their wealth. There should be more meaningful action and less meaningless grind to cultivate a healthy player base in the first place. To protect the unhealthy behavior is akin to trying to cure a disease of its patient instead of curing a patient of their disease.

4 Likes

At this point, you are suggesting one play style is superior to another. I am not saying that newbros must feel risk averse. I just pointing that current game mechanics lets gankers do their activities with no REAL risk to them self. Loosing a calculated loss during gank is not really a loss(like rocket fired from launcher). You want pvp let the hunted become the hunters.

PvE is currently offered massive protections in highsec and treated as vastly preferable to the point that ganking is, for many, the most viable option for meaningful PvP available to them. Mission runners don’t have to deal with FacPo. It doesn’t cost 100 million isk to be able to mine for 7 days. CONCORD doesn’t blow up an Athanor for shooting a moon first.

If someone tries to PvP you without a wardec in highsec, they die. Do that enough times, and if they even stay in space too long, they have to fend off constant waves of NPCs or die. The PvE advantage is so vast that there is almost no chance to hunt the hunters if you’re not an NPC. I don’t see how people conclude that PvP gets preferential treatment just on the basis that it is still possible. What I see is people getting preferential treatment complaining that they’re at a disadvantage because it’s still possible to make decisions so poorly they can still result in a loss.

4 Likes

A really interesting concept that will get torn to shreds by short sighted and tired old forum posters who either lost or never had the ability to think outside their box of reality :slight_smile:

Why would you put everything you grind for in one month in one ship? Sounds like the definition of flying what you cant afford to replace.

1 Like

While my arguments paint me as one of the so called ‘bad guys’, I’m actually anything but.

In my time, I have helped a small number of players who have made this mistake, and the answer to this question is that they do it because they don’t understand that they’re taking a risk. In all the cases I’ve personally dealt with, the total value of the player’s assets was very modest.

I don’t believe in just throwing money at people, though. Loss is supposed to hurt, and I don’t want the lesson to be ‘if I lose my stuff someone will give me money’. Instead, I’d grab some missions, fleet up, and we’d go out and make some money. I’d fly Logi and let the new player do the heavy lifting. I give them the support and motivation to pick themselves up because that’s what they’ll have to do if I’m not there to catch them when they fall.

This has worked out well for me in the past. Players who were bitter and angry learned to be better, and learned not to repeat that same mistake. The lesson is best learned ASAP, though. The longer people are allowed to grind away before they do, the more they’re likely to lose when they learn it. More safety in highsec sets players up to fail, and fail big.

What I wanted to point at is, that every party should be at risk, current meta lets pirate precisely calculate risks ws reward, and engage with virtually no risk (if they know what they are doing). While other side (the gank victims) were nerfed continuously (resistance nerf, short range ammo damage boost). New Eden should be dangerous for both sides.

I suppose I have a different view but with a similar result (note; I like your style, as described, no criticism of it)

I knew before I installed that loss was permanent in EvE, it was a big selling point on it to me. Im not sure why that message isnt seeming to have been heard in years but anyway, I also knew that if it took me a week to get X ship once, it would take me less than a week to get it again. And I also discovered that you could get quite a few free ships from tutorials.

It wasnt long before I knew whgat I could and couldnt easily replace, and so when I lost my first ship in PvE and my ffirst ship in PvP, I was much less concerned about how to replace it (as shocking as the events were) and more on how to avoid dying to that situation. I figured there must be a way and so spend a good amount of time taking what I could afford to lose and trying out different things.

I didnt have a mentor, and I guess maybe Im just someone who likes the challenge of working something out. My first goal was to take down an Alliance from inisde, it was the other thing that got me into EvE, the idea it was possible.

Managed it, proud to say. After that though, I kind of got fat and complacent and just accumulated.

Sorry Im just babbling now.

Uhm… oh yeah, I like surviving. Success is boring, and safety is dull lol

@Zyma_TheZ That both sides should be at risk is something I’d agree with. I don’t think we agree on how that should be achieved, but on that core aspect we see eye to eye.

@Ramona_McCandless “I did something different from you that I’m proud of.” This is really the core of what I think Eve was meant to be. Every player is meant to have a story of their own. We don’t want the same things, we don’t play the same way, but we can all have an impact on those around us. When our actions evolve into a story we can use to enthrall an audience we’re winners, even if our characters come out of it a little worse for wear. Babbling about what we’ve done in Eve is the proof our time was well spent.

It’s been a long time since I was ‘new’. I’m not sure what the NPE is or how CCP is trying to communicate the danger of highsec to new players, but it does seem like there is room for improvement. I don’t want to complain about it too much, though, because I have no suggestions to offer that I think would remedy the problem.

2 Likes

PvE Brain vs PvP (ganker) Brain

2 Likes

The same goes for everyone. If you know what you are doing, you can usually avoid getting ganked.

2 Likes

Maxing out mining yield and missions is the only valid way to play this game and the only way it needs.

ANY other form of gameplay should only be allowed in nullsec where it belongs,high should be protected zone.

CCP GIVE US PVE BACK

I agree, lets wall off High Sec.

#buildthatwall

#makeprovipayforit

Pathetic.

Read what i wrote and you will see the light.

I am seeing the light and I agree with you 100%

High Sec should be entirely seperate. Even the market shoukd be seperate to keep nullers out if it.

Its a brilliant idea.

I can live with it as long as all pvp activities are banned in high.

Let’s play a seperate game on sealed off servers in which pvp can have its pew pew paradise and gank(and cannibalize(which they will do)) themselves and pve can live in peace and play their excel with spaceships game(which they prefer).

Ideal solution,ideal concept.
We will see over time which serverside does best.

Let’s bring this forward to ccp.

1 Like

Actually some of us are excellent minmaxers …
… and as always many copy the results of that.

Our minmaxing is actually superior …
… because it’s about making someone elses minmaxing-results our own.

Also I think it’s problematic when someone states that trying to shoot gankers is a waste of time while at the same time claiming they need a way to retaliate …

… especially considering that there’s people out there actively fighting gankers while having fun at it as well …

… which means that the person who refuses to play against them while asking for a way to play against them …

… is just another beggar demanding protection.