High Sec Candidate

Probably @CCP_Guard was busy working on his wardrobe for Fanfest!

So do they have a plan on how to deal with the hordes of disappointed fans that will log in to the voting to vote for you? :frowning:

Anyway, it’s a shame, as I said. Non-null blocks need as many people out there generating interest as possible… and it is possible you might have been able to reach people that on the surface might not be so interested in me.

You added that to the post whilst I was writing a response!

I have historically not been a fan of encroaching on other people’s threads… nor of having my thread encroached on by candidates… it always seemed a bit like they were trying to steal the attention away from me…

But yes I have considered it. Having all High Sec candidates trying to get their supporters to vote for a list like a high sec block might be an interesting proposition.
I heard that last year there was an attempt by some High Sec candidates to get some sort of block or ticket going. Noone approached me about it. I recommended in my campaign thread that people who support me also vote for non-null candidates.
Maybe I will look into it once the dust of Fanfest has settled a bit, but just getting more people to sign up and vote in any direction will be a plus.

2 Likes

Today I heard from a diehard ganker.
Apparently the used an old EVE MATCH link… and got 93% with me, and 61% with @Toxic_Yaken *

I would like to state, again, that I am a High Sec Candidate. I have also commented more than once on my thoughts, feelings and experience of ganking (for example). I have also provided hints and tips for people on how to avoid being ganked. CCP has already as good as stated that ganking is here to stay… so no point in trying to claim I am going to change that.

Please take the time to read my posts before you get and act all surprised about who I am.
High Sec is worth fighting for!

*it might have been 91% and 63%…

3 Likes

And with that, I am trying to emphasize how big High Sec is… and how small ganking really is.
Sometimes in my chats and mails it seems like the whole game is revolving around Gankers and people who do not like Gankers.
There is so much more out there than that…

1 Like

Hello, just want to put my two cents in, One person with one account woudnt do much damage but i feel like we should be thinking how much damage to the already messed up Ore economy the people who can bot or mutibox a large amounts of alphas can do if alphas are allowed to be given mining barges.
Have a good day <3

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by my thread!

As far as I know, multiboxing Alphas is not allowed. It’s not just 1 Alpha Account logged in per computer… but actually 1 alpha account logged in per person. So multiboxing alpha accounts is not allowed.
Botting is not allowed.

I don’t think access to mining barges for Alphas would screw up the Ore economy. I think it might make it harder for CCP to sell Omega accounts. They have to get their money from somewhere!

I am trying!
You too!

1 Like

It is almost as if a person, or persons are trying to sabotage care bears everywhere.
I am posting this here to create a log to this thread… for future reference.

Ganking is so very little of high sec, but takes up so much forum bandwidth.

2 Likes

So Im posting another mail that I got in game, and my response. I will be expanding on this response in this thread in the next days… I just need time to think (and censor myself).

Re: yo
Sent: 2018.05.05 19:15
To: Vesar Hastati,

Hi!

I’ll respond to this fully in my CSM forum thread

Because it is a good question.
It might take me a while to get the answer up.
I’ll try to let you know when I am finished.

yo
Sent: 2018.05.01 03:55
To: Lorelei Ierendi,

short history in hi sec what ya do and what ya plan on doing about the code/gankfest menace

1 Like

Yo back at ya!

I checked, and it seems that you have no personal experience with the gankfest menace?
It would be great if you could specify your issues and experience here, because there are many issues at work… and there has been a lot of discussion over the years. People that have not been ganked sometimes have a misunderstanding of how these things happen, what game mechanics are at play, and how they might work better.

https://evewho.com/pilot/Vesar%20Hastati/

As far as what I plan on doing about it? I assume you mean in the capacity of the CSM. It sounds like you expect the CSM to be able to “do” something… but the days of CCP flying @The_Mittani to Iceland because of cosmetic goggles are long gone. The CSM is approximately a “focus group” elected by the players.

I think bounties and war decs in high sec are completely broken, and I would love for CCP to look at that. I’d even like to help with my “ideas”.

What I do about gankers? I try to fly safely… sometimes I fail.

I ran for CSM 10, came in 15th for 14 positions.
I ran in CSM 11 and 12. In CSM 12 I just got more votes than an incumbent member that was running for re-election.
I have some detailed information and stories on my blog… even though I only rarely write…
it can’t take more than about an half an hour to browse through it.

I hope that this was of some help. If you have specific questions please don’t hesistate to EVEmail me, or reply in the forums, or make a comment on my blog. I also have reddit and twitter and facebook accounts, and if I get elected I will get more public on them. But at the moment I would rather play EVE.

Anyway, please vote. For anyone. Especially not the null-seccers. We need to show that the interest and engagement of the non-nullsec community also exists.
cough

1 Like

BTW if anyone wants to interview me, I am totally up for it.

(Although I can appreciate that you want to spend your time on candidates that are going to get elected… like those goons… or candidates that generate clicks… with controversy… like @Xenuria).

Just drop me a line.

1 Like

But why should anyone want to interview a HS candidate that already post that is going to support the votes in a WH/PvP candidate? Do you really know what you really want for life?

I would like to know what you find controversial about me.

You are a Jovian. :egg: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ok, that’s fair.

3 Likes

I am a high sec candidate, and I support people voting, for whoever they vote for. People need to vote.

A high sec candidate is not going to get elected. If people vote for me and then I get eliminated, the votes pass on to their 2nd candidate etc.

I want people to vote, and I would love for people not belonging to null blocks to get onto the CSM.
VOTE FOR ANYONE! Just VOTE! (best not for Null blocks…).

Of course I do. At least as far as EVE is concerned. If you had been following the thread at all you would know this. Also the previous years.
Of course, if you want to drop in and just fire off some inconsequential one-liner, well thanks for the bump!

1 Like

First of all I think that any candidate should run for themselve and shouldn’t make campaign for others even before the voting starts. As for HS candidates @Steve_Ronuken will be again running and there are also on the list some other candidates that consider themselves as openly highsec (indy and pve) candidates - @Eurzadahn @Syncopee_Farnsworth @Raphendyr_Nardieu just to name some that are HS oriented, even @commander_aze and @Sullen_Decimus from the Bastion alliance or @Aryth from GSF shows more commitment for HS than you

Your argument against null blocks only shows your lack of understanding of EVE politics, the candidate that you are so eagger to support belongs to a null block, maybe you don’t know these simple sites https://evewho.com/alli/ (The Initiative. is the #10) and http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png were you can see this aliance taking a stand between Mordus Angels and GSF (to which they are very close).

And yes I’ve been following all CSM13 threads so I can chose the best candidates for my 3 omega accounts, sad to say that your name was (past tense) on that list with a “yes” but it seams that there are still some reasons for you not being elected on past elections.
You may argue whatever you want but me as HS toon without any problem to admit a total life of PvE will never vote on a candidate that patronage other candidate that is PvP driven

1 Like

You should vote for who you want to. As should everyone.
And as long as you vote, I will be happy!

Thank you for making me happy!

The very definition of “High Sec Carebear”. I have never pretended to be anything else.

2 Likes

Idk if 4 years of running under the high sec ticket qualify me as an honorable mention for repping high sec :slight_smile:

Also I’m not out to start ■■■■. But I agree null candidates often has a more diverse view of the game and generally have spent time at some point in other sec.
For instance myself most w okuld view me as a bull puppet because they read the tag, whe. In reality I have years of qualifications to show I can rep high sec null sec and even low class w space. It’s not a good idea to write people off based on the alliance tag.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by, Commander!

Lol. I’d be quite the hippocrit if I said anything else! :smiley:

I agree, obviously.

True.

After the first couple of CSM elections, I got more interested in trying to get people to vote for anything or anyone, just to show player interest… that the CSM was really actually elected by the player base and so on. The big null sec blocks will get their candidates elected… there was some interesting chat from The Mittani on discord about this… last year I think. If it is saved anywhere then it is well worth a read.

The big null blocks will be represented. The rest of us need to get interested and active. And the more votes that get spent outside the big null blocks, the better. This shows CCP that players outside of the big null-sec blocks are interested and active. I don’t doubt (for example) that goons also can talk about high-sec mechanics. I am also not specifically saying that their candidates are only interested in advantages to goons (whether I think it or not) because we all play EVE, we all love EVE… otherwise we wouldn’t be doing this.

People need to vote. They need to vote their conscience, but they need to vote.

3 Likes

The biggest thing is an informed electorate voters need to research who represents them they will be surprised the results.

2 Likes

So your argument is that we should vote for you as a high sec candidate because you don’t know about high sec? Help me here. You seem to be taking a point of pride in what you don’t know or are not aware of.

2 Likes