High Sec Candidate

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

You were cited as an example of someone in high sec that knows what they are doing when it comes to defence.

I’m EU-TZ. ATM it is hard to accurately plan in advance when I will be able to be on and have time. This should change in the next couple of weeks once it gets back to business as usual. Im on somewhen usually between 8pm and 10pm EVE time.

But I will drop you a line when I am on! :smiley:

1 Like

I noticed your character name is “Lorelei” what made you choose that name specifically?

Thank you for stopping by, you gave me quite a run in the voting last year!

Sorry I didn’t get around to answering that the first time you asked, before that thread got locked.
I have several characters, and choosing names has always been something I found tricky.
I knew someone called “Lorelei” when I was a student, noone special, and the portrait of this character reminded me of them.

1 Like

You like coffee and you talk really fast? : - )

(see: Gilmore Girls : - )

@Lorelei_Ierendi
so there is no need for local?
nice idea to show the number only … then you dont know what idiot you ganked … of corse you get the killmail … you can set this guy(s) to -10 but it doesnt matter you dont see when they enter the system …

sorry to say but local was good as it was … broken local or no local makes it just easy for gankers and other pvp players …

pvp is a active part of eve . thats true and that has to stay but it should be at least a bit difficult for them … that would be nice …
in LS you would need a active spoter on all gates … that would be a bit boring for this guys

my opinion: changing local is a stupid idea but if it comes i will change from indy to full pvp

JuuR

1 Like

Hello!

And thanks for taking the time to come to my thread.
And thanks for taking the time to read my original post!

This would be the time for me to remind people exactly what the CSM cannot do.
The CSM cannot make CCP change anything.
The ideas and thoughts that are presented by the candidates should not be taken as “Promises” that such a thing can or will happen.
They should more be viewed in such a way as to see what / how / that the CSM candidates are thinking.
Just so you all know.

There is a need for local, but I feel that at the moment, at least when it is not broken, it provides too much free information for everyone.

Honestly (and I feel that I am really talking for the majority of High Sec dwellers here… and remember the majority of High Sec dwellers do not read the forums and probably won’t vote in (or know about) the CSM elections), I think that dumbing down local would make very little difference to the way things are now. I don’t know many people that actually watch it and see when a hostile enters local. AFK cloaky camping would also be changed by this, for example.
Of course people will adapt and evolve.

I disagree. Especially about the gankers.
The majority of gankees do not watch local, do not know how the game works, still put bounties or make public kill rights on -10.0 ganker alts. I think changing local will have more of an effect on the gankers and PVPers than on their victims.

Several people maintain that EVE is a game about blowing up spaceships. All of the changes that have happened to try and make High Sec PVP safer for the unsuspecting… have merely spured the gankers on to new… ideas. One of my main motivations behind thinking about changing local… as also with my ideas about changing CONCORD (see my blog) are about making the rules / system / mechanics more intuitive, making more “sense” so that the new and inexperienced players don’t get disadvantaged by not knowing something.

“Need” an active spotter on all gates… that is a bit extreme. You would not need one. It might be nice to have one, but you would not need one.
In the days of multiboxing, large monitors et cetera… having an alt parked and watching out the corner of your eye is, for example, possible.

My opinion is different from yours. But I would be interested to see how the change from indy to full PVP would work out!

Whomever you end up voting for, you must be sure to vote!!

1 Like

@Lorelei_Ierendi

ok i see you think different but at least you think about what you say and thats much much more then most … thanks for that

thats easy … jump in a neutral alt and warp cloacky to all belts and anomalies … i can see that there are some others in system … i find a barge or such stuff and then i jump my main and kill him … done easy … no problem …

sounds a bit borng but the killboard looks good
that will happen on and an … you need active spoters at all gates … if you dont play on a 4K screen and can handle 4 fullhd eve clients you need help for LS miners or when running sites …

if you dont know who is there you cant do anything
thats why WHs work how they work

i really dont understand one thing:
why the hell everyone want to chang all stuff in eve to something new? i see that in all areas in new eden stuff is going on and everywhere are people building and killing and ganks go on ans scams and stuff all invented by the players working with everything whats arround … so stop changing basics and fix small things

i am sorry but i think you are wrong with that … everyone will tell you to watch local … corp or not … within 2 weeks in eve you know that

so if it makes only a litte to no difference … why change? its fine then

local is the only intel soloplayers have … if you are in a big alliance you get you intel from other players but for solo or small corps its local what they have

JuuR

2 Likes

hmm… So you aren’t THE Lorelei that people were freaking out about a few years ago. Just somebody who knew A Lorelei who chose that name for their eve character.

Good Enough for me.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention THE Lorelei.

1 Like

Hello!

And thank you for taking the time to come to my thread!
I appreciate the attention, and I do read every post. Sorry it took me a while to respond, but the more I have to think about answers, the more time I have to take… and then something easy comes along and I answer quickly.

I agree. And with the CSM being downsized last year, it is even less likely for someone like me to get in.
Ideally all high sec, or all non-null candidates would get their supporters to use all their votes for the non-null candidates so that, by the quirks of the voting system, maybe someone will get in.
If you look at my thread from last year, I was also encouraging this.

That’s what the elections are for. For CSM X I came in 15th for the 14 places. By the strange methods of the voting system ( The Nosy Gamer: CSM 13 Election: Explaining The Single Transferable Vote ) and my lack of cross-platform support, I was not activated as replacements were needed. Last year I even managed to get more votes than one of the incumbent CSM members… because the goons dropped Xenuria from their ticket.

If you take the time to follow the links on my blog to the first campaign thread… there was some discussion between gankers and me. The sentence you wrote above is an over-simplification of what is actually a very complicated issue.

You are right. As a great example of the enthusiastic “theory crafters” working, one could take the speed at which (so-called) “Hyperdunking” appeared. This was probably an unforseen game mechanic following the introduction of the “Bowhead”.

A lot of what I have said and thought on the subject is actually about making the mechanics involved in ganking more “intuitive” with regards to mechanics. This would allow the newer players to start out better able to act and react.

I can imagine there being problems. So regardless of playstyles I would, at best, make something like this optional.
In one of my previous threads there was also some talk about “ganking” being part of the NPE. Not sure which year it was, but the links are on my blog.

CCP, obviously. They make their money with this.
Money they need to experiment and pay for the development of other projects.
(but that is a chapter for another day)

I personally think some things (eg CONCORD changes) that I have suggested, would make things more intuitive and easier for everyone involved.

How do I feel about it?
I think it is a good idea. EVE is a spaceship game, and even if NEW players only want to craft / build stuff, they should at least know how to jump into the next system, or dock up, or set a route through space for their autopilot (if they want to use that).

At least the basics to let people move around in and between systems. Introducing people to DSCAN is an invaluable asset to life in EVE. Local is something that I have talked about elsewhere in this thread. Fitting is important (the mechanics of how to do it in the game client… not necessarily what is currently “in”… although it is a shame that things are still reliant on third party web sites to provide basics).

1 Like

So after googling that appears to be a reference to something called “television”, for which I have no time.

Anyway, in order to keep things going I thought I would share another mail that I got from a supporter:

CSM
Sent: 2018.04.01 03:45
To: Lorelei Ierendi,

Hello Lorelei

good to see you are running for CSM again.

I saw a post to the forums with the subject “HIgh Sec Candidate” but it wasn’t clear it was you.
Not sure if it possible to get it updated with your name added. to that subject header. It might help making your name more “sticky” in people’s minds when they start to think of who to vote for.

Also , I wouldn’t bother spending too mich effort engaging with Solstsice Projekt. Same poster under a new alt who issued a massive rant post 3-4 months ago calling for people to drop their subs and go on some orchestrated “Burn Eve” style campaign to punish CCP for making the game too soft. The same game he confessed to barely playing on-line anymore.

Good luck

ANON

Does anyone else think I should do something about making my thread more obviously about me? It’s exactly the same thread title I have used for the last several years.

Oh, I also wanted to mention, I have had confirmation that my application to run for CSM has been approved! I always worry that some technicality or other would make a problem. So it’s time to fly around anchoring more cans in systems! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s necessary. It’s easy enough to bookmark candidates and, coming election time, scroll down that list and vote. People should already be making a short list of their top 10 to make the best of the cascaded vote system.

For my part, good luck. And fly well.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I wanted to ask a few questions focused on your understanding and opinions of Highsec PVP:

Do you think that wardecs need a rework by CCP? If so, what do you think the core issues are with wardecs?

Do you agree with with the suggestion made by CSM XII to change wardec mechanics so that only corporations that have anchored structures can be wardecced?

Do you think there needs to be an alternative intel tool for wardecs now that watchlists have been removed?

Would you be interested in joining the Wardec Project discord to further discuss wars?

Do you think there is a way to make ganking more interactive for those looking to prevent ganks?

Do you think having a cap on how long you can keep a ship bumped before it can safely warp off would be a good change?

Good luck on your campaign!

Toxic

Thank you for stopping by my thread! Are you running again?
I’ll get around to answering soon, work just got a bit busy.

1 Like

Not this year unfortunately. Look forward to your answers :slight_smile:

Like I said, thanks for stopping by.
Slowly things are getting normal… now I am just getting distracted by the streaming of Fanfest!

I have many and varied opinions of high sec PVP… and many and varied experience!

And… right here and now I would like to state again, that the CSM is not a policy-making body for CCP. It is not like High Sec Carebears could get me elected and get ganking banned. I accepted a long time ago that Ganking is something CCP want in the game. I just feel that things need to be… different.

With regards to wardecs, I have been involved in a couple, on both sides.

Wardecs are so broken at the moment.
Almost as broken as bounties. And I remember when EVE Online was propagating “Bounty Hunting” as a valid career choice!

The core issues… there are so many issues.
For example, the ability of targets to just drop corps and reform a new corps with the same name.
Then there is the ability to wardec as many corporations as you want. Then there is no incentive to actually fight.
The “ally” system is just there to take advantage of the people being allied with… and it is not at all intuitive or easy to sort out who to ally with in what order to get the best bang for your buck. For example.
Then, of course, how do you find targets, or avoid targets?
Remembering that the majority of High Sec players that are not in NPC corporations are actually in very small Corps / or groups… and there are a lot of victims waiting to be griefed.
And then there are not enough reasons for actually trying to fight / defend if you get wardecced.
And if you wardec someone… and they dont’t actually fold… then there are not enough reasons for actually trying to fight.
Wardecs are broken, dude.

I think it is an interesting idea… but I think it leaves a big gap. I think there would then be a lot of player corporations that could go around doing whatever they want (eg stealing from a high sec Athanor site), and not get wardecced because of it. The only recourse (at the moment) that people would have against them in high sec would be to gank them. Which would mean probably having to use dedicated ganking alts. (which incidentally would probably mean more PLEX/Money for CCP tinfoil).

Maybe a better variant would be (for example) that people have to have a High Sec Structure in order to be able to Wardec someone else. So in order to want to take the fight to someone… well they would need to put their money where their mouth is… so to speak.

Watch lists being removed sucks for the solo / small group war deccers, I am sure. I am still waiting to reach (for example) @Kannibal_Kane to talk about this. Do there need to be new tools? Well, that really depends on how wardecs look. At the moment, with wardecs being as broken as they are, just adding more tools without some kind of concept… well that might make things more broken.

If I got elected to the CSM, absolutely.
Wardecs and how broken they are is one of the major issues affecting player interaction in high sec. I think it is something that could really use some work.
I personally don’t have that much experience in the details of the mechanics as they are (I remember orbitting POS… trying to shoot the sensor dampeners), so in this aspect I do not feel that I necessarily have a great deal that I can contribute to the detail discussions at the moment. I feel it is, however, important to get someone out there on the CSM that is focussed more on High Sec. The CSM is like an elected focus group, and if I was elected, I would accept the mandate to try and act as an information conduit between interested high sec (primarily) players

I find it honestly hard to think on this subject. The whole point of ganking is to drop overwhelming (but cost effective) force on a target to destroy it before CONCORD stops it. With CONCORD working the way it does, the ability of the preventers to do something significant is limited to ECM (or similar) and all the preventing is best done before the gankers undock. Finding a way to make it “interactive”… well… how? I’ve tried “guarding” and, unless there is some entertaining talking going on… just sitting around waiting for rats to spawn or gankers to undock… it is not fun. And I have not yet read anything that would make it more fun? Maybe changing wardecs? Being able to wardec NPC corps?

No. I don’t think that would make sense. I like things making “sense”.
I think it would be better to make “bumps” take and do damage directly (if they happen more than e.g. 50km from an undock or a gate…).
Light speed ramming anyone?

Thank you!

Shame. Need to keep the high sec voters participation somehow (for anyone) up!

2 Likes

Would you suggest that the new ores that are available from moon mining also be available to mine via probed down asteroid belts containing the new moon ores? How do you feel about PvE missions possibly containing the new moon ores in new story missions?

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my thread.

Just so we are on the same wavelength… when you say “new” ores do you mean “new” or do you mean “previously not available in High Sec”?

I am not really in favor of getting more access to ores that were previously only available in Null or Low in high sec.
I also do not feel particularly supportive of having moon mining ore behind a probe-down gateway.
Let moon-mining be moon-mining. Let those people that have taken the trouble to get an Athanor up and running have their “exclusive” high sec content. Just give them adequate possibilities to defend what might be considered “theirs”.

My gut feeling, if I understand what you are asking, would be something along the lines that I wrote above.
Let the moon-mining ores be exclusive to Athanor function in high sec. PVE needs attention, but just slapping Moon Mining Ore in there would upset me, especially if I had bothered to set up an Athanor…

If someone wants high sec moon ore, they should either set up an Athanor and mine it, or go and find an Athanor in place and mine it… at least until there is a viable mechanic in place to allow the “owner” of the Athanor to enforce his claim on the ore. And if CCP want “Ore” to be a special reward for running PVE missions, they can introduce a “new” Ore. I’d be in favor of it being called “Loreleite” or something. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you are saying this for Highsec?
What about actual people that are actually new to the game?
And yes it would change things a lot…established players like myself can easily destroy the enjoyment of new players and not so established veterans by feeding our gank alt corps if local was not to exsist.

I am a highsec dweller btw, and i can not see how you speak or represent me any way right now, but please a little more elaboration on this thought?

Thanks for stopping by my thread!

For the majority of high sec, yes.
Or at least for the majority of High Sec carebears that voted in the CSM elections. I came 15th for CSMX and have been well placed (as far as high sec dwellers go) for every election since then. Last year I even got more votes than an incumbent CSM member that was running again.
My ideas have not changed much since my first campaign. I got votes.
That is why I claim to speak for more than me.

Actual people that are actually new to the game won’t miss a change in the way local works… because they are not going to know how it did work. They will probably cope with changes more than the older donkeys like me.

You can do that now. You can destroy the fun and enjoyment for new players now. With the changes there would be no practical difference for that. There is no practical difference.
Really not.

It has already been stated in this thread that experienced players that want to ruin other people’s fun will find a way, whatever changes come. That they will adapt to the changes much better, quicker and efficiently than the players whose fun is being ruined. Arguing that a change would make things easier for mean nasty gankers is insidious. Any big changes will advantage mean nasty gankers because they will adapt first.

You are free to carry on ruining other players fun, if that is what you want. There is nothing that CCP or CSM can or will do to change that.

Remember, the majority of high sec players don’t really use local anyway.

Firstly, you are probably not the majority part of high sec for which I am trying to speak… eg. you are one of a few people that have even read this forum thread. That disqualifies you from the majority. One person does not make a majority.

Please vote for someone else then. The main thing is, that you should vote! @Toxic_Yaken might be running (judging by the announcement at Fanfest… despite what he said in my thread).

1 Like