High Sec Ganking

You didnt post you replied. And you actually trolled more than replied.
Your opinion of relevance or lack thereof is just another way to try and shut down opinions different than yours. If you have nothing constructive whether that be pro or con, then you are a troll.

And my statement is relevant. Your attitude appears to be… “Im bored in low/null sec. Let’s go kill the newbies in hisec.” So it was relevant to show what your statement implies. It’s hisec. While the game is PvP, hisec is there to give the newbies and flower sniffers some time to catch up to low/null sec conditions.

Or is it that you want most of the hisec dwellers to disappear so that you have the universe to yourself? Cuz that’s what your replies sound like. Your retalliation implies Im asking for the whole game to be a safe space. Quite the contrary. I want hisec to be hisec and and low/null sec to be Im sorry you werent prepared for the buttkicking you just received

You cant have good battles when the potential opponents keep leaving the game due to exploits of the game and just plain buggery.

What exploits and what opponents keep leaving?

1 Like

Most players reside in high sec, veterans included. You think newbies are the ones losing 30 billion ISK freighters every day in high sec?

2 Likes

How is pointing out relevant facts about Concord response and the implications thereof, trolling?

The statement you made was factually incorrect, if it demonstrates your understanding of how Concord works then I suggest that you refrain from demonstrating your ignorance further and instead do some research so that when you come back you can make an informed argument for change.

And my statement is relevant. Your attitude appears to be… “Im bored in low/null sec. Let’s go kill the newbies in hisec.” So it was relevant to show what your statement implies.

As point of fact I’m a hisec industrialist and murderer of NPC’s. I’m what they call prey, my aim is to not die, in the pursuit of that I try to make sure that I’m a less desirable target than the other guy.

I understand the game mechanics used and have ganked with CODE. in the past for educational purposes. I tank my stuff, I have a hard limit on cargo value, I’ve used the standings mechanic to highlight known scallywags and miscreants on the overview and in local, I never AFK, I use 3rd parties for big hauls to hubs etc. In short I minimise my risk.

In Eve knowledge is a multiplier, everybody has access to the same mechanics but not everybody knows how to use them

It’s hisec. While the game is PvP, hisec is there to give the newbies and flower sniffers some time to catch up to low/null sec conditions.

If you believe that you really are in for a shock, the only difference between hisec ad the other areas of the game is that aggression comes at a cost, whether it be the cost of a wardec, or Concordokken.

Hisec is not, never has been and was never intended to be what you think, it’s just as much of a PvP area as any other area of space, albeit with a different ruleset.

Or is it that you want most of the hisec dwellers to disappear so that you have the universe to yourself? Cuz that’s what your replies sound like. Your retalliation implies Im asking for the whole game to be a safe space. Quite the contrary. I want hisec to be hisec and and low/null sec to be Im sorry you werent prepared for the buttkicking you just received.

Further demonstrating your misunderstanding of what Eve is, is not a buttkicking…

You cant have good battles when the potential opponents keep leaving the game due to exploits of the game and just plain buggery.

Which exploits are you talking about?

Someone being able to ruin your day is one of the cornerstones of Eve, always has been.

2 Likes

Steady on, Charles. Buggery is never ‘plain’. Often sudden, sometimes unexpected and almost always painful, but never, ever ‘plain’.

As to your point regarding hisec being hisec (?), it is hisec. There’s Concord and Facpo and lots of people happily living out their lives bouncing between rocks and POCOs and all manner of nonthreatening entities. Hell, even the threatening entities aren’t that scary.

Criminality has consequences there. The mechanics of hisec aren’t broken. What may be broken is the disparity between HP and firepower, but that’s a given and it’s been that way for a long, long time. Clever players make allowances for this, and circumvent danger whether it be from ganking (which this thread is about), or in other ways such as avoiding wardecs.

As I’ve said many times before, players in hisec have for more tools to aid in avoidance than wardeccers and gankers have and those tools are being lavished and removed respectively on a regular basis.

Hisec has never been safer. Sadly that’s not enough for some people and frankly I for one don’t want the space I love to live in becoming a Diazepam infused conveyor belt of spaced out and carefree weekend isk hoarders.

Everywhere needs to have an element of danger. If you don’t have that, it’s no fun. No fun at all.

5 Likes

QFT. Even as a spectator hisec used to be a lot more entertaining.

Opportunities for mischief and shenanigans have been getting whine-patched for years.

Edit

Steady on, Charles. Buggery is never ‘plain’. Often sudden, sometimes unexpected and almost always painful, but never, ever ‘plain’.

3 Likes

Hyperdunking in a Bowhead was quite hilarious…

I saw it done, most entertaining.

Globby and Herr Wilkus, of boomerang fame, made inventive use of the mechanics to create unintended scenarios.

You’re talking about all of hisec as if all the systems are starter systems, which was never the intention nor is it now. Hisec, lowsec, nul and WH space are all just variations on mechanics and NONE of them is specifically for any age of player. The actual recommendation is generally for new players to spend as little time in hisec as possible, lest they stunt their learning.

3 Likes

@Ima_Wreckyou thanks for the video. I like how you keep defending ganking and I had hoped for the video to share some solid facts, but… CCP Rise did some silly science. So silly, that it bums me out.

He used 15-day old players to make a point on ganking. I didn’t even think there would be any measurable number of ganks for such extremely young players, but it was still 1%. No word on how many of these so called “ganks” were actually accidents caused by another new player.

Anyhow, what really boggles me is this: how much does a 15-day old player actually own? They spend most their earnings on skillbooks, a first or a second ship and some modules. They have so little to lose, and the little they have they lose to NPCs quickly and repeatedly that they likely don’t make a distinction over who shot them or why. They’re just at the steepest part of the learning curve still with smoke coming out of their ears.

So, yeah, this so called science is pretty bad. Not what I had expected. If it had been 6-month or 1-year old players with the same findings then it would have been impressive.

6 and 1 are numbers. Why would they be impressive?

However, that isn’t the only effort CCP have put into this issue to try to validate whether ganking has a negative impact on retention.

1 Like

There are Ammar in the world
There are Caldari
There are Minmatar and Sleepers, and then
There are those that follow Drifters, but
I’ve never been one of them
I’m a Anti-Ganker,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Anti-Ganker is:
They’ll take you as soon as you’re warm
You don’t have to be a six-footer
You don’t have to have a great brain
You don’t have to have any clothes on You’re
A Anti-Ganker the moment Dad came,
Because
Every sperm is sacred
Every Anti-Ganker is great
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate
Every Anti-Ganker is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate
Let the ganker spill theirs
On the each and every gank
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can’t be found
Every sperm is wanted
Every sperm…

Dryson, it has occurred to me an idea to destroy CODE once and for all… You infiltrate them… and post just like you’re doing, but saying you’re a CODE ganker instead…

The only thing worse than people talking about you, is people not talking about you.

I doubt CODE. would care if Dryson dribbled in their name.

1 Like

The whole purpose of the study was to see if the carebear sentiment that ganking new players in the trial period (which was 15 days) is an issue and would make them less likely to subscribe. Both claims where falsified.

It seems you also completely missed the part where he mentioned that <1% of ALL subscribers (people > 15 days) who unsub mentioned ship loss as the reason.

Look, no one cares what you think about the topic. Your personal gut feelings are just that. I only posted this to show what CCP thinks about the topic since they have actually looked into it and found that the carebears are full of ■■■■. So cry more, no one cares.

1 Like

It takes a whole week just to be able to get into a barge, not to mention the additional skills for mining upgrades, drones, targeting, etc… Exhumers take more than a month to get into, and it requires even more for a freighter. And how much wealth does one have after 15-days? How much did you have? One has got nothing of value in the cargo hold with the exception of a PLEX, and this problem as we know has been address by CCP with the PLEX vault surprisingly.

My point is, Scipio, if one is going to use numbers for an argument, then please pick some with at least some relevance for the thing one wants to argue about. Until I saw the video did I not even know that “ganking of 15-day olds” was a thing. Now, thanks to CCP Rise, it is.

Hi,
I am a newish casual player 105 days in, Alpha account and whilst the methodology of the CCP presentation is poor at best I 100 % agree with the conclusion. Ganking playstyle has a insignificant impact on why I have remained and will continue to play. There is an abundance of information out there plus many in game tools to minimise risk. Plus if you have made the effort to have a structured ship replacement program ganking in my mind is merely a minor inconvenience.

As a new player I have accepted the following as fact.

1. 100v1 is a fair fight.
  2. I choose to undock.
  3. The game mechanics are what they are adapt to them or do something else.
    4.Eve online is at its heart a Team game and PvP game ( Ganking playstyle fits this criteria ). Choosing solo play increases your risk.

My 2 isk worth.The hoarding of wealth is the problem. Ganking is the natural evolution from a lack of real hard fought wars between the big alliances.

fly safe ( maybe unsafe is the way of the ganker) most importantly have fun.

6 Likes

You nailed it!
Glad to have you in this game we love.

OMG It’s Nicholas Parsons ! (Brits of a certain age may well appreciate this…)