High Sec Ganking

You’ve taken my post too literally. It was supposed to be a joke about the image Dryson gives of AG in general with his posts…

More precisely, it’s about about how to hold on to it and how to enjoy it.

Gankers like wealth, too, especially the kind of wealth, which they can get their hands on.

Pretty sure it is safer in most parts of null than it is in HS.

Isn’t this quite a good reason for gankers to cooperate? One makes a mess somewhere, the others get a few extra seconds to pull the heist. Or one could multibox, I guess.

It’s a valid criminal tactic in real life to have a decoy leading police away, and as long as it isn’t an in-game exploit it is perfectly fine here too. While I’d be upset at losing a ship I would still applaud the extra work the gankers did to manage it. And maybe laugh at them for the bad intel they acted on - my heavily tanked little freighter yesterday would have taken time to kill and only carried about 45 million worth of loot. :wink:

We do now have the info about 15 day old player sub’s. I say we make a point of banking everyone under 2 weeks old for that sweet sweet retention rate. #NoNewBroLeftBehind part 2

I think one piece of information that we haven’t discussed to death over the last 3-4 years (unlike the rest, which has been discussed dozens of times over) is this analysis from CCP Quant:

_

…The most important variable deciding on whether you were still playing in month 4 was whether you got your ship destroyed by another player…

_

Really, the whole presentation is worth watching, to understand how seriously CCP record, backup, analyse and use data.

CCP regard the first 3 months in the game as the “onboarding period” and have looked at data much more completely than only the first 15 days.

So really, we should just bring pvp (consensual or not) to everyone, regardless of age…:grinning: (which ties in with CCP Quant’s joke about running all new players through Rancer and Amamake to reap the benefits to the onboarding period).

In 2015, CCP Rise presented on the new player experience and posted some information there that goes beyond the first 15 days, to look at players that become subscribers:

He has also commented in the forum that they’ve tried and tried to validate the view that griefing of new players drives them away from the game, and they’ve failed to be able to validate that common community opinion:

But the part in this presentation by CCP Quant looks at players moving beyond the onboarding period and sticking with the game - and the #1 statistical factor in players staying with the game beyond 3 months is whether another player killed them.

For all the hate that some people have for non-consensual pvp and for ganking in particular, to CCP this is part of the #1 reason that players will still be in the game beyond their initial 3 months, and is part of the concept of “rich experience” that CCP Rise mentions.

5 Likes

dont want to be ganked than fit a tank to your ship for once in your boring life.

One of life’s greatest ironies. I will never forget the day I first lost my ship. It was a cruiser where I jumped into a low-sec system like a fool and got wrecked by gate campers. Best learning experience in my life with Eve.

3 Likes

I couldn’t care less about ganking to be fair it just annoys me how gankers are also protected by CONCORD in the game and by other mechanics.
If I see a ganker in system I’ll predict where they will go I’ll beat them to the warp gate they are now flashing red they warp to 0 then theres 5 seconds of immunity before they leave the area through the gate or 5 seconds of immunity after warping onto a target in which I cannot lock them before they shoot their target.

I should be able to lock them up as they arrive and start to engage as they warp in and CONCORD should allow gankers who aren’t low sec rep to be killed regardless of sec rep if they are known gankers, maybe add a system which if someone receives enough reports (not to CCP) they are flagged up as a criminal in the area they usually gank in.

And for heavens sake remove tethering, make docking the only safe place, criminals can literally sit in your face and CONCORD and become immune to being a target.

1 Like

It’s not the game mechanics that are the problem. It’s probably just you.

If you are interested in fighting gankers with current game mechanics instead of playing the victim ask @Knowledgeminer how he does it. He is pretty good at it.

2 Likes

They do.
You have at least two choices, gank them or use a kill-right (if they have one available).

I am in agreement with @Ima_Wreckyou, stop playing the victim and go learn.

2 Likes

Indeed, as ganking is so easy and doesn’t have any consequences then the ganking of non flagged gankers shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Oh wait…

2 Likes

Feel free to shoot back.

But that would also allow the gankers to lock their target while still in warp (but within range).
Change it so the the person still in warp can be targeted but cannot target back, and that would break PVP and PVE.
Especially missions, which I’m sure carebears are fond of. :wink:

Hi all,
still fumbling my way through the game.Learning much from this thread that increases my chance of survival. To be honest I do not really understand why it is such a hot topic. So I am neutral just reading the debate and trying to input some perspective. So please none on this entrenched warfare,foot of the gas time.
I wish I had found this game sooner. So many opportunities to forge your own destiny and be a Meanderthal. It requires patience though. Teamwork in whatever activity you undertake makes things far easier.
CCP is a business.Resources are precious and should really be focused on improving the overall player experience for eveyone not just a particular group. The inventory system is a joke ( select all, repackage, stack all ). If some kind person had not posted that solution then I would have eventually got fed up. Desk top real estate is precious and the whole GUI needs a complete overhaul.Hours of watching videos to try and get some semblance of order and whilst playable is still a mess. So instead of improvements for everyone lets meddle. The less input on the changing starscape from CCP the better in my opinion. Let new players come in, see new strategies evolve. The eve of today is not the eve of tommorrow.

So let me meddle. Enforce conditions instead of letting this wonderful sandbox evolve.
A business so I really need to have cost effective solutions not something that involves rewriting the whole game from scratch.

1. Disable the ability to autopilot. No more afk distribution misson running. Plus it helps you to stop losing your ship as I have now added an extra layer of protection as you have to fly your ship.

Cost to implement minimal.

1. Weapons and mining lasers naturally overheat just by being used. You now have to micro manage them as they cut out. Drones and fighters now use capacitor over time. Back to bay for recharge.

Code all ready written just requires some fiddling.

1. Every ship in a mission has to be destroyed. No more blitzing. Encourages use of properly fitted ships.

Seems fairly simple to introduce.

So how much meddling do you actually want.Only meddling that is for your benefit or meddling that is for the benefit of everyone.

Currently a Carebear, apparently engaging in many illegal activities. Looking forward to being ganked to see if what I have learnt and understood from the game increases my chance of survival.
How effective is the ship replacement program I have developed. Is there room for improvement. I will know when I get blow up. I do not know when or where this will happen but it will happen.
I intend to engage in PvP but on my terms and when I think I am prepared. Messing around with missile batteries in missions to see how fast I need to be going and how I need to fly to dodge said missiles thereby reducing damage, so less tank more gank. Seems a good strategy to prepare for PvP to me.

TLDR How much meddling do you actually want? Is your reason for meddling biased?

Fly safe one and all.

No.

(Because the forum allow me to reply with one word) Because I said NO.

People appeal to the lore all the time when crying about CONCORD and it drives me crazy because they know nothing about the lore. CONCORD are not the police.

I REPEAT:

CONCORD ARE NOT THE POLICE.

CONCORD couldn’t really care less if capsuleers murder each other. They keep peace between the empires and ATTEMPT to keep capsuleer conflicts from destroying humanity.

All these things carebears bitch about like -10 characters docking in Jita 4-4 actually do makes sense when you do the reading and familiarize yourself with the DYSTOPIA that is New Eden.

Not to mention that none of that matters, you can always lore your way around a game design decision, which is what actually matters -good game design.

All in all it’s just absolutely the most idiotic argument I think anyone ever uses.

3 Likes

I totally agree. They are not any resemblance of RL police, however it’s easy to see why that mistake is made:

CONCORD Police Commander
CONCORD Police Captain
CONCORD Police Officer

The titles of many of the ships alone, creates an impression that is easy to confuse.

The same happens with the CONCORD Customs Official and CONCORD Customs Commander ships. They give an impression of being law enforcement in its full.

They are just a Middle Ages style executioner and nothing more.

These would be more fitting and dystopian titles;

CONCORD Judge
CONCORD Bailiff
CONCORD Executioner

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. I’ve heard some people say the word Highsec is misleading, shrug. lol

And guard the doughnut stall found on level 2 of the food hall in every station, on the other side of that 'king door.