High Sec Moon Mining?

The ores in highsec and wormhole, will be regular nullsec astroid ores, at best.
There will be NO moon goo in any moons, in highsec and wormhole, only in lowsec and nullsec, so no competetions from the people who mine moon goo in low/null.
The niche stays were it is and people who are mining moon goo now, will conteniue to do so after HS/WH gets moonmining.

Also, good luck getting your cocky ass capitals into a wormhole haha. They only fit in c5/c6 and people living in c5/c6 have plenty of defense to take care of an attacking capital fleet.

As has been said above, HS and WH moon mining won’t include the new moon ores. So no big change there.

Where it looks like the change will occur, based on what I have seen with current LS moons, will be the introduction of ABCs and other NS and LS ores to HS. The race in HS will be to locate and mine these moons.

“These moons will contain a randomized selection of upgraded standard mineral ore variants, as well as some of the most common varieties of moongoo ores in lower quantities than those available in lowsec and nullsec.”

https://www.eveonline.com/article/upwell-2.0-structures-changes-coming-on-february-13th/

So you will find moongoo ores in .5 space, but lets wait for patch day which ores are “most common”.
If you look on SiSi at the moment, it looks to good to be true. :wink:

It will definitely be interesting to see how this affects the lowends! However, my tracking of the materials going into Athanors has remained flat, so not sure if there will be a large amount of refineries being anchored in highsec. EVE-Mogul will be expanding into moons though, offering public timers for fractures.

1 Like

Oh lord, who do you think will control moons to mine in high sec, certainly not your average corps in high, dull sec will, they will have a safer operation to move ore from a safer location, while not as shiny as null ores it’s still valuable source of income with less risk to their logistics dept as it saves JF from having to move less valuable ore leaving room for more valuable stuff, go ahead and dec them, you may find that your deccing your own dull folks over less valuable ore then anything in dull sec (even the ones which are not true dull sec).

MMM Dont Think so . The Moon mining is Passive mining that is all . So a .5 System will IncludedALL █ .5 and higher Ores Kernite (Amarr Only) Plagioclase Omber and Up . Every elsewhere depending on Each Ore Set for each Empire. No Special or Rare Ores.
You will still have to get off your Bum and find a Sig Ore site !! Jaspet Kernite Hemorphite Hedbergite etc…

WH
Since all Ore types can be found in WHs Expect for the density of a certain type. (Null) The ABCS will be in a WH just in smaller amounts than Null. The question becomes to they allow Mercoxit In Moon mining in WH? It can be found in rare Belts (Pain in tharse to mine) Prob. not since it Takes special and specific mining equipment to mine it.

But Who Knows ?

CCP hasn’t said if highsec is getting lowsec ores via moons, everyone will have to wait a little bit to find out.
Mercoxit isn’t in nullsec moons so presumably isn’t going to be in wormhole moons.
The main draw in these new moons is the announced common moon ores for both and efficient mining for highsec. Will wormholes get moons with 100% of moon ores like you can find in nullsec? Didn’t sound like it from the dev blog but regardless EVE’ll find out tomorrow.

The presence of low end moon ore in highsec moons was confirmed by CCP in the CSM minutes and by people who have checked on the test server.

Regardless, we will all see for ourselves in a few hours how much is there.

Is moon mining actually worth in HS? Can other players mine your ore, can you attack them or something?

I did 10 scans last night and they look worse than on SiSi. But I still found some worth over 1b isk a week.
Yes others can mine your ore and no you can’t stop them, but a weeks cycle makes about 3.5m m3 of ore. Usually most of the value is in a small fraction of that ore. It shouldn’t take a decent fleet more than a few hrs to mine. So with good planning and a handful of pilots it shouldn’t be an issue.

@Black_Pedro says there

Almost certainly though, highsec mining is in for a massive change as traditional belts are just so much worse than the moon rocks. Things need a shake up, but I hope someone is paying attention to the fallout from this feature from the economic angle.

myself say here now:
For me the econocmic angle is very vbad just now for low people corporations, or single account ppl. Mysel are between 100-250b of mats, love mining barge, bute the game is now more fopcused in null sec protection of certain sectors than casual people who love mining. NPC null is attractive null but the ecominc angle is biased towards a few groups, and bad rewards to small groups. I mine in barges because i love do so, but this downgrade the value of the belts and of the casual people.

Its not doom and gloom :slight_smile:

Hate to be bringer of bad news but. A lot of the moons I see are worth 6b after 28 days of pulling… moons in high sec

So it’s been a few days now and I am curious, are people utilizing this system? I haven’t found one active while I survey, but I haven’t been too active do to RL.

I’ve seen quite a few moon mining in hs already.
eve-mogul is setting up several for public use with ore buy orders.
looks good so far.

Been getting around, been also surprised by lack of facilities, seems like people are taking a wait and see approach.

ALL content in Eve is geared towards team-based play, and ALL team-based play is based upon the premise that more people = iWin. Good luck to your small corp mining moon materials and upper-end ore in an Athanor in low/null/wh space. You won’t stand a chance against a 30-man fleet of Thrashers let alone an organized T2/T3 gang with / without Cap escalation support.

With the changes to vulnerability for Upwell Structures, the field is WIDE OPEN for bashing and other nasty ‘just because I can’ trickery and vandalism. The notion that you’re doing anything meaningful with small-gang mining operations is a pipe dream. NO, you’re not going pull out you 10-15b isk Rorq, because that would be inviting the Gank in the form of HotDrop or just straight up assault. PvPers LIVE for those kind of kills.

So what are you left with Upwell moon mining? Not f’ing much. If you don['t have air cover and tactical support from a LARGE organization with control over the system, you might as well just fly gate to gate on autopilot in nulsec…in a pod - it’s about the same risk profile, and there is not enough reward to even be worth the play time.

Deploying moon mining Upwell Structures is only designed for the PROTECTED players who pay for protection or are part of a larger organization. Anything else is just you providing Content for larger entities to blow up your investment and laugh at you. If the larger organization wants to displace you - IT IS DONE, and there is very little that you can do about it except War Dec and complain in Local.

That doesn’t sound like fun to me.

I have deployed two Arthanor, and although I have moon mined:
a) I can’t secure the mining area effectively in a .4
b) there are any number of neutral and hostile targets that can and will easily overwhelm me.

So there’s no possible means to recoup the investment, from mining alone, let alone the operating costs to keep the thing marginally protected. Turn a profit? HAHAHA. It’s a Money Pit.

I do build Drugs, and that’s about the only thing an Athanor is useful for, in terms of mining or production capability.

The only possible resolution is to control the mining area around the Athanor and do a profit sharing model where the owner provides access to a huge mining resource and gets a cut from anything mined from his moon. THAT would be a viable model similar to how true Player Owned Stations work (docking fee + % reprocessing, % of sales). Likelihood of that happening: near zero.

CCP uses Carebears as fodder for PvP, and since the primary focus is team-based PvP, they have absolutely no incentive to change any game mechanics for Upwell Structures. In fact, they’ve recently just made them even harder to keep and defend. That’s by Design, folks.

If you’re deploying an Athanor, you must do it with the intention of having already lost the asset, or do it for it’s use for other things than moon mining. If you happen to be sitting on R4/8 moon materials, your chances of holding that moon are Nil. If it’s not the 100 man corp it will be the 500, 1,000 or 5,000 man corp, none of which you can possibly defend against.

You can literally mine the value of the fuel blocks in a couple hours in a skiff.

Have you also thought of adding refining to the structure and taxing that? People mining moon ore won’t want to travel far with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.