High Sec Struggles for the NewBro

Nope…setting-up a hauler is EVE 101 and they need to learn how to do that themselves (or at least master Google)…

1 Like

I can assure you I am not @Sabus_Narian, but for full disclosure he is my current CEO.

I am going to have to disagree with the no risk statement. The risk exists. First few days in the newbro corp I was introduced to CODE. Concord did not save my ass then. Now is the risk level equatable with low or null, no. But consider this, for those who want to stay in carebear land, why should that be any less of a viable play style than any other? If the risk did not equal the reward, then up the risk.

1 Like

Right. That’s why I paid for one month, did my level 4s to make the ISK to PLEX (I had played some years ago, so was already able to do level 4s), and turned off the sub before it ticked the next month.

Or, do level 3s, and whatever else floats your ship/boat and makes you ISK, and then once you get enough saved up, you can PLEX, and now you have access to level 4s and everything else Omega grants.

Which corp are you talking about?

You obviously have first hand knowledge.

The best people to help him do that is other null players.

I’m gonna step in real quick and say that getting your alliance to spam the forums about emerging conduits and the “high sec lobby” is pretty low. You’re pretty disgusting @Sabus_Narian.

2 Likes

Nope…setting-up a hauler is EVE 101 and they need to learn how to do that themselves (or at least master Google)…

Very helpful person to new players you are.

Yes there is good/easy money to be made running missions for new players…I do it as I mostly live in LS and the LP is way better…it’s mindless but still very engaging.

He’s virtue signaling Eve style. He makes threads “supporting” new players, uses those threads as recruitment tools to get new player to join his corp and then scams them…it’s all here:

Right. That’s why I paid for one month, did my level 4s to make the ISK to PLEX (I had played some years ago, so was already able to do level 4s), and turned off the sub before it ticked the next month.

Or, do level 3s, and whatever else floats your ship/boat and makes you ISK, and then once you get enough saved up, you can PLEX, and now you have access to level 4s and everything else Omega grants.

That is a valid path, but I think we both know its an inferior one to EC. So the player has to put in more work for no reason, I think we can both presume that he is going to get frustrated.

Sorry but by level 4 they should be able to use the ship fitting tool for a hauler don’t you think? Holding hands to that degree just leads to stupid people that don’t know how to do even the basics. Teach them to fish, don’t hand them the fish.

Which corp are you talking about?

You obviously have first hand knowledge.

Goons awhile back, say 1-2 years ago on an old toon, all the others still had the chain of command, strict limit on speech culture, and other restrictions. Also the OMG SPY paranoia that gets old very fast.

The best people to help him do that is other null players.

Yes when he has the skills and power to know how to properly fly the ships, also his ambitions may change and he may want to live in highsec but pvp in null for example.

I’m gonna step in real quick and say that getting your alliance to spam the forums about emerging conduits and the “high sec lobby” is pretty low. You’re pretty disgusting @Sabus_Narian.

Lol keep raging bittervet

I had no idea what ECs were when I returned a couple months ago, so never considered them. Was just getting ready to look into them. I may anyway. I don’t really care about the respawn delay, since I just play about an hour each day. I can just go from one to another, since I see many systems where there are 8-10 ECs up all at the same time.

Sorry but by level 4 they should be able to use the ship fitting tool for a hauler don’t you think? Holding hands to that degree just leads to stupid people that don’t know how to do even the basics. Teach them to fish, don’t hand them the fish.

Doubtful they’ll get there, they’ll say this game is trash gotta do all this work and quit, after all eve has a 4% newbie retention rate for the first month.

Then good…we don’t need stupid people that need others to make their ships for for level 4 missions.

They wont be running level 4 in the first month anyways so…moot point. Cry more bitter newbro.

Then good…we don’t need stupid people that need others to make their ships for for level 4 missions.

Glad to see you want CCP to make less money by having less players.

I had a hard time finding a high sec corp that would take me with less than 2 million SP when I started. The only low or null sec that would talk to me was an alt recruiting for CODE.

1 Like

Having more stupid players that can’t even use the ship fitter is not a goal that CCP wants either. EVE is hard, deal with it.

I had a hard time finding a high sec corp that would take me with less than 2 million SP when I started. The only low or null sec that would talk to me was an alt recruiting for CODE.

Yup, and the corps who have no problem with newbies tend to get attacked by the established corps in any way possible, tough life for newer players sadly. :frowning:

Erm…Goons have karma fleet. It’s a dedicated nooby friendly group.

@Pyter_Gaterau you should check it out.

https://karmafleet.org/

Or there is brave newbies.

Or in hi-sec you’ve got eve university.

And in low you’ve now got RvB.

All these folks will give you plenty of help whilst you train up. Don’t worry about ‘isk’.

2 Likes

Having more stupid players that can’t even use the ship fitter is not a goal that CCP wants either. EVE is hard, deal with it.

“Ok boss, we only have 2k players across all timezones, but they are pro in every way in the game! We could’ve had 200k players but we don’t want such newbie scum in the game.” You should apply for a job at CCP I think they’ll love you with your beliefs and insights.