High Sec the New Renter's Space

Isn’t the idea knock over other people’s sand castles? You can’t have it unless you can defend it.
In all honesty people will anchor them in remote highsec areas like khanid or derelik or whatever off the traveled routes in alt corps

No, its not. NewWardec system allows us to have corporations without defending them btw. What is a corporation? It’s not only a banner and name, - it’s players, assets flying around, mining Barges in space and etc.

The Small Raitaru can’t be compared to other sand castles based on their power and abilities. It can’t give such profit, it can’t dock big ships, it can’t build Cap ships. The suggested Small Raitaru should be allowed to anchor in hi-sec, it has a reduced bonus effect and EHP, no weapons, sub-capitals and Orca can dock only. It’s in another league. The defense is acquired by paying an addition tax to CONCORD. If that tax isn’t paid, the structure can be WarDeced - a vulnerable stance (this will let to clear abandoned structures). You know, there is possible to build a complex game mechanic around it.

If you’ll feel that such a structure will ‘knock over’ your Citadels, you just can replace them with this one.

The point is that a new WarDec system don’t give any usable advantages for current stable hi-sec corporations. One of the main reason for hi-sec players to make a corporation is the ability to anchor structures with their advantages. They aren’t so motivated into collective ideology to perform some actions in EVE like other low-sec, 0.0 or WH groups.

About Citadel defending. What motivates low- or null-sec entities to defend a Citadel? It’s definitely the scenario when they have in that structure a lot of their assets for hundred of billions or trillions in resources and capital ships. Yes, you can defend that, you can lost entire fleets to defend that and entire SOV also. What is the point to defend a hi-sec Raitaru for a small corp? The Raitaru costs around 600M ISK and the assets there barely will pass over 1-3B ISK. To defend that, based on incoming hostile forces, you just have to blow up own ships for like a 50B ISK in assets. Do you see the nonsense of it and why this sux? This makes a broken content like current Bounty system is.

1 Like

What you mean by small raitaru?it’s already small

Actually Raitaru is medium.

Also use npc stations then if wars scare you

This is a hypothetical name of a smaller version of the current Raitaru, with reduced EHP, stats.

Why tho? Just so you feel good about owning a structure?Use npc station

Azbel is medium in hierarchy. But yeah, Azbel have a size index L, while Raitaru - M.

I’m in a NPC corp already and, based on my activity in EVE, I’m feel ok. War is such a funny definition to scare players in EVE, while you can be attacked or ganked anywhere without it. WarDec is a structure and Citadel bashing related activity mainly - not a capsuleer activity. Most of my time in EVE I’m spending in low-sec and NPC 0.0 and I’m WarDeced there every time I use jump gates, stations or whatever I’m doing, even being in a NPC corporation. I know how and I can counter that, but I don’t want to own a structure, because I can’t defend that by my own and I’m not even interested to defend that. Same concept is true for pure miners, industrialists. People come to EVE not to bash structures and ships, but to build, to haul, to mine. Here we are, we have industrialists without their factories, we have miners without refineries, we have haulers without their delivery postal offices. Welcome to EVE! It’s not about total monopoly, to sink every player, every identity into big 0.0 Keepstar. To hire mercenaries isn’t a way, because it’s already was exploited as mentioned on forum. I don’t wanna mention about IChooseYou case even.

3 Likes

Some will put in effort to have those and reap the benefits simple.Others will cry for change.
0.0 monopoly disgusts me you’re not allowed to think for yourself or act on your own but CCP doesn’t cater to where they have most active players but to where they have the most organized groups.

For a small Manufacturing Corp like mine, a structure is an investment. We can make profits using an NPC station, we can make more profits using an EC.

If bad hats come along and say “nice station you got there, pity if it were to explode” then we consider our options. We can pay protection money, we can hire mercs to chase the bad hats away, and (new option!) we can go back to having no structures. Whatever we choose, it’s strictly business.

7 Likes

And that is PRECISELY the right attitude to have.

Kudos.

Curious, I have not noticed a single player stucture missing from my usual travels. Where are these massive structure slaughters taking place? And the lazy question, when did this go in effect?

1 Like

I have tried to read all the posts in here, and I’m still scratching my head as to what the issue is.

First of all, none of the war dec changes are live - they’ve barely been announced and the Devs haven’t provided us with any details as to how the system is going to work besides what was said in Vegas. We’re waiting on a Dev blog from CCP this week outlining the stop gap changes in December. If some group is out war deccing folks and saying “we’re doing this because of the changes” they’re saying that to troll you.

Second, if nullsec groups are deccing high sec groups with structures now, they’re doing it because they want to do that. No changes are making this more likely or less likely - they’re doing it now under the current system and they’ll do it under any changes. Why? I have no idea, but the usual reasons, i.e. they can, they want content, they plan on extorting people, etc are the likely reasons. And that has nothing to do with any changes to war decs, just changes to their desire for content.

So what, exactly, is the complaint now? I don’t get it.

6 Likes

Lol gitgud
Death to highsec

System I was mining yesterday … as an example … three refineries have pulled the plug and un-anchored in the last week. Plus, five structures (3 refineries + 2 others) have now been reinforced. And there may be others. The single corp involved, using what appears to be six to twelve week old characters (and flying precursor destroyers) appears to have gone from 1/2 wars to 6; against corps with in-system structure and again, all in the same time frame.

3 Likes

Oh that’s the other obligatory meme about Eve I forgot to mention. Some comment involving the word ‘salt’. The forums are ■■■■■■ and have been for over ten years.

1 Like

Well Fonzie’s needs to get himself some fries at Mel’s.

That was already clear from the meeting minutes.

CCP knows exactly what they’re doing here, and I’m completely on board.

1 Like