High Sec the New Renter's Space

If.y want hisec destroyed do something about it, don’t call on arms in forums and expect the job done

only in certain areas. i can see having stations in stationless systems and backwater areas to provide services you need and others can use. Mine personally is far away from the populated regions in backwater area where it is quiet

while we’re at it, why dont we just make empire space you can just rent out per system with increased rent fee lol

Feel free to explain to me what I don’t get.

1 Like

It’s all about Patch Speculation based on 101 things to do in EVE. Since new moon mining with Athanors and Tataras were implemented, there are attempts to make this stuff working for somebody’s profit. The OP is stating that there are markers to convert the free and independent hi-sec miners and industrialists (with or without Refineries) into renters of those who owns Refineries and other Citadels. This is a complex process, which happens differently in different parts of space over time: by using current WarDecs to gain control over moons, by using extortion, by creating new character accounts to multibox this moon mining process. The selected method depends by who is an attacker and who is a target. Clashes happens around structures, but mainly the Refineries are the main targets to control. This Citadel bashing campaign in hi-sec (after the nerf) can have different purposes for different attacker entities, but in the end, it will gain the final shape – monopoly. Monopoly over mining, production, invention, trading, hauling. By assuming hypothetically, maybe this is also a campaign to dismantle any organizations, which are rich and can finance a war, for example. It’s a rough argument, but we can say that with the rise of CFC, the pseudo-organization CODE also rose over hi-sec, with one simple argument – “To cure the EVE”. During the last year, with recent changes to Upwell Structures (including nerfs), a lot of interesting things happened with structure bashing warfare. The main argument is: “We want fun at someone else’s expense”. So, people are curious how recent changes to structures and WarDecs will affect their game play style.

WarDecs have an indirect meaning into this dispute. We know that the new WarDec system will be implemented with December patch. Therefore, we are speaking proactively by referencing to future WarDec system and how it will affect the game. Interested parties are using the current WarDec mechanic or will use future WarDec system to gain some sort of control over things. The purpose is unclear. I have a version, hypothetically. Moon mining renting concept for low-sec and j-space failed in May/June 2018, when I noticed that most of those Refineries were reinforced and vanished afterwards. Too dangerous. Hi-sec is an option for this. Obviously, the best way to mine fast moon rocks is by using Orcas and Rorquals with Augmented Drones, under multiboxing accounts. Both scenarios are very risky even in well protected 0.0 empires, because after a hot-drop assault you can lose like 5 Rorquals at once. On forum already were suggested to allow Rorquals in hi-sec (for this reason). So, the option to multibox Orcas for hi-sec moon mining is good and future WarDec system will let it to perform under well protected and manageable environment on Meta level. This kind of safe hi-sec multibox moon mining can happen partially passively by allowing old-style passive moon mining + small renting…

1 Like

At least as war decs go, whatever changes end up happening won’t matter. The dynamics won’t change at least in regards to corporations that are large and established enough to be dropping athanors and the like in high sec. They will be war decable just like they are now. They’ll be just as vulnerable to extortion and manipulation as they are now. That’s not going to change.

You’re not going to get capital ships in high sec. I would oppose that - frankly, I’d like to see capital ships out of low sec too. So I can see the desire to multibox orcas in highsec, but the reality is when you put killmarks like that on grid, you’re going to start getting attention and folks are going to want to come kill them. That’s true now, it’ll be true after the war dec changes. It’s inevitable. Anywhere people are playing with expensive toys, the guys who like to kill those toys (like me) are going to find out and start swarming. So, in that regard, the changes won’t be that meaningful.

Now, I can see folks using the new system to create holding corps for their structures, and keeping their orcas in corporations without structures so they can’t be wardecced but that makes it much harder, if not impossible, for folks to defend those structures. After a while, folks are going to get tired of watching their athanors die while they can’t do anything to stop it.

So I guess I’m still scratching my head at OP’s concern - what he’s talking about is the state of the game right now, and it’s not going to really change after whatever happens in December.

2 Likes

Do your own homework.

1 Like

I have. So if I’m getting it wrong, I’d love to hear from you what you think I’m getting wrong.

If you can’t do that, that’s fine - just don’t make the comment in the first place if you’re not willing to elaborate.

4 Likes

You should have never been elected to the CSM.

You don’t If your don’t understand your own input during the meetings and what you said, therte is no way I can explain it to you. Like my previuous post. You shouid never have been elected becasue your ideas are cancer to this game.

This is a BS answer. Either provide an explanation as to what you think I got wrong, or just admit you’re just talking for the sake of talking.

If you can’t even explain what it is you think I’m saying is cancer and why, then you’re wasting everybody’s time.

3 Likes

And this coming from a politician! LOL … dude, you make your money from lying and cheating. I do not “debate” a ■■■■■■■ politician.

1 Like

Ah, got it. You’re a bigot.

Understood. Well, thanks for voting.

2 Likes

Thanks or the compliment.

It’s odd that you consider that a compliment, but I guess to each his own.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums

I get the feeling he is complaining about the upheaval around Jita. I heard some rumors there is also some action around Amarr, but it doesn’t interest me enough to go check that area.

Highsec moon mining is still relatively new to the game, but POCOs have been in place for a long time. I think it would be interesting to get comment from CCP on how well those do as a highsec conflict driver. Perhaps you could ping them?

1 Like

I can ask, but the problem is unless they release the info, I can’t release it on my own. So it’s better if we ask the players if they are seeing POCOs as a conflict driver.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m used to it.

1 Like

If they could throw in a few lines on POCOs in their soon™ Devblog on wardecs that would be nice.

1 Like