Highsec systems?

(Tora Bushido) #1

Can anyone tell me how to find out how many systems we have in highsec? I’m trying to think of a way to replace the locater agents with my own player controlled locater service. Might not be possible, but it’s fun brain farting over it.

(Kathern Aurilen) #2

High sec: 1090
Low sec: 817
Null sec 0.0: 3524
W-space: 2499

(Tora Bushido) #3

Thank you. I might need to redesign my plan. :rofl: 1090 is a few hundred more then expected.

(Black Pedro) #4

Actually, by my calculation there are 1212 systems with a security status of 0.5 or greater. I am not sure of where that other number comes from by it might represent those in contiguous highsec without counting the highsec islands.

(Tora Bushido) #5

Pedro, you’re not helping here… lolzz… :blush:

/me go’s back rethinking the plan.

(Remiel Pollard) #6

Have you tried flying around and counting them? You could make it into a fun game :joy:

(Syeed Ameer Ali) #7

Wait. Did they get rid of locator agents?

(Black Pedro) #8

[quote=“Syeed_Ameer_Ali, post:7, topic:9045, full:true”]
Wait. Did they get rid of locator agents?
[/quote]Nah, but they are next to useless now that you cannot determine if the target is online or not after the watch list removal. You will spend 95% of your time warping around New Eden chasing ghosts that are logged off without some other intel.

But Tora, if you want me to be more helpful here is a Google Docs sheet with the last 1h Jumps of all highsec systems:

I think it should update automatically, but regardless, it should give you an idea of the best places to set up your “locator agents” to catch players moving about.

(Tora Bushido) #9

Now thats a good idea ! :heart_eyes:

(Draeman Hookah) #10

Sorry, those estimates are incorrect. There are actually 1091.736 systems in High Sec.

(Scipio Artelius) #11

It’s 1212

If you look at Mesybier and Pemene in that image, they are listed with security status of:

Mesybier: 0.470378765572769
Pemene: 0.45019243562232

Pemene is the lowest security status system that is still highsec. In game, anything >=0.45 is rounded to 0.5 and treated as highsec.

So if you are going to search for highsec systems, you need to search for systems with a security status of >=0.45

That and 0.736 of a system being highsec makes no sense.

(Draeman Hookah) #12

(Scipio Artelius) #13