Hilmar want to remove or correct NPC station and Assest Safety in Eve!

This is the nature of eve.

Gankbears working with industry players was the original idea of eve. But they’ve made it so industry bears can survive alone.

The goal is Gankbears with industry friends will have to defend their stuff from other gankbears.

The best gankbears with the best industry bear buddies win!

Edit:

As an industry bear myself, I’m looking forward to something like this.

I always thought it was a crappy mechanic that people could do industry without risking anything. Especially those lovely BPO’s.

1 Like

If you are misguided enough to think that all assets should be at risk 24/7 with no reasonable way of responding, there’s not much I can do for you. Think of who doesn’t want that kind of change, everyone besides entitled super rich vets, then think about who wants that change, trollgrinning manchildren who are already getting erections over the idea of being able to poach loot from an NPC station.

3 Likes

Not quite. There will be allways hisec production structures, that changes nothing to " carebears" . BTW, witch carebear broke your heart?

4 Likes

Way to go missing the point.

We don’t speak of that carebear anymore, he tried to make peace with Sols, and broke his heart, so now the war can never end.

2 Likes

Indeed!
Suddenly all your stuff actually matters!
Hoarding it will be pointless!

Now for everyone to add 1+1 together …

Who loves hoarding the most and can’t defend his ■■■■?

:grin:

If you’re dishonest enough to say ‘no reasonable way of responding’.

Then you probably shouldn’t do anything other than shut up.

1 Like

Hilmar was one of the early programmers of the game. He was appointed as CEO in 2004, but he was part of the development team before that (he has a computer science degree and joined CCP even before the beta was released).

The legacy code issues are all his fault :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lmfao kid lmfao lmfao lmfao

You tell me, what is the reasonable way a player has to respond to 24/7 loot vulnerability in an NPC station?

Get a job kid XDXDXDXDXD

24/7 loot vulnerability according to who?

Does it not worry you that you have to lie to make any argument?

2 Likes

Adapt to whatever mechanics are ever (if ever) introduced and potentially distribute the risk by storing stuff in multiple locations, keep liquid ISK rather than lots of ships and modules, respond to any notifications the game sends you so that stuff gets moved before any of it can become loot, etc. Lots of things that could be done to adapt.

However, seems more like an aspirational statement from Hilmar. Not a concrete part of the roadmap. Much ado about nothing at this stage.

1 Like

Yep, exactly how I understood it when listening to his thoughts.

Would one really engage in a game where there is absolutely no “asset safety” in a broad sense anywhere in the game, a game without a safe-ish entry point (hisec) ? Lol, it would fix the economy for sure, and fast. Some level of security is needed to build up a player’s options in a game. I thought that was a no-brainer.

3 Likes

Lol yes. It would become the neverending cycle of loot.

I loot you. You loot me. We all loot each other. Sounds like an ISK free economy.

2 Likes

It would make killing people actually meaningfull again :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Much ado about what every neckbeard addict in the game with 6+ accounts wants.

Last pilot with a ship wins EvE :blush:

2 Likes

Why? What are they getting to be all excited about?

BPO filled library Orca sitting logged off at a deep safe until I need the BPs? Thatll do fine tbh

3 Likes

Cackle-a-lot Bear

Remember when a deep safe was so deep that it should have been in another solar system?

Pepperidge Farm does.

4 Likes