Hisec war engagement

Worth adding to this that the change in demographics takes a huge part in this. CCP targets simple minded folks who like to feel important, rich and powerful. So they attract losers who are easy on the wallet, who require hiding in the group because it prevents them from feeling their weakness, powerlessness and insignificance.

It’s an interesting mix of Bread&Circus sprinkled with elements of fascism. That’s why the goons are so incredibly successful. They’re pretty much the posterboys for this.

3 Likes

test too tbh

horde are… horde

This may have already been covered, I haven’t really dug too deeply into the dev blogs yet. I’m curious if there will be some kind of rule that the war HQ also has to be somewhere in highsec. I could see a group putting their sole structure somewhere deep in wormhole space to still wardec as much as they want.

Yes. :roll_eyes:

not to worry …
suspect baiting will be gone .
ccp will make mining your moon ore a suspect offense .
null sec blocs take all 05 moons .
be careful what you wish for .

3 Likes

There’s the war removing bad wolf structures. Looks engaging.

I wish for a way to deal with problems that does not force me to consider high sec miner ganking as a viable alternative. Mercenaries were an alternative.

1 Like

You got completely out of your Owner of Hek character with this post :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, it’s been years. CCP killed Hek.
I should do my annual visit and check out if it improved again.

Let us know what you think.

and how exactly ccp killed hek? It is doing quite well so far… just need to get some more ppl to actively use it.

How can you even write “it’s doing well” when you at the same time declare it needs more people? Does it really need more people, or more local activity? A thousand people are worth nothing when all they’re doing is sitting docked or farming their ■■■■■■■■, in perpetual silence.

Please explain what you mean by “well”, because there’s a good chance we’re not talking about the same. Including last time I checked, your “well” is a shadow of its former glory back in 2012. Back when there’s always activity in local, activity at the boundless undock, always someone dumb enough trying to shoot me.

What’s this “well” you speak of?
Did the situation change signifcantly?

Speak!

3 Likes

Have you been to rens lately? That is what dead system is like - not only is it quiet, it also has no supply on the market. As a trader I can say Hek is doing well - but it DOES need more people. Without influx of new people it will go the way of Rens.

I joined in 2016. No idea what it was like in 2012. True, it is more quiet now, but you can still find some action here, at least in EU tz.

Maybe stating “does well” was too much - it is on the verge of needing life support… and probably the only reason why it does well at all is due to citadels in the system (that has drained ppl from Rens and spread around market and in time also personal activity across more systems).

Hek and Rens depend heavily on Faction Warfare to be successful hubs. They will continue their slow spiral downward until FW gets fixed. Given CCP’s record of “fixing things” it’s at best a 50/50 chance Hek and Rens ever become meaningful, active hubs again.

To be fair a lot of it has to do with the fact that all other factions have one central hub - and we are the only ones who split it between two. If you add Rens and Hek together you end up with market of comparable size to Dodixie.

That’s sad considering the sad state Dodixie is in …
Unless things changed for the better again?

Man, I’m an old fart in this game. -.-

It was amazing! Absolutely glorious!
We had an actual community there!
You couldn’t say anything in local without getting a response!

Upper management doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the game, so unless there’s a “business case” that promises them more money, they’re not going to do jack ■■■■ about anything at all.

They only care about gathering plenty of simple minded farmers who are easily parted of their money.

We should ■■■■■■■ revolt.

This says it all…IMO

I can’t cut n’paste so I suggest you read it…it 100% backs-up your points.

You are revolting!!

:smiley:

1 Like

HEY! THAT’S … a damn good pun actually! :smiley:

(asshole :blush:)

2 Likes