Hmm, Rumormill? Lockboxes and keys CCP?

I have read a couple of blogs today, both had pictures from SiSi.
An i read some of the comments in those blogs.

The next agency event…
Please CCP someone not only tell me but show proof that
you are not introducing Star Trek Online Lockboxes that drop,
and Keys you can only purchase through the realm of Real Money Trade.

And I say RMT, because no matter how you look at it…
1.) Buy keys or a pack of them from CCP = RMT for an in game item.
2.) Buy plex from CCP to use for keys in the NES = RMT for an in game item.
3.) Buy plex off market that someone used RC to place on market to use for NES for keys = RMT

Eventually it leads to the “gamblers” box style of lockboxes that STO and several other games use.
Meaning, Gambling + RMT…
What in the world is going?
“Greed is good” ?

EvE really does not need this kind of bullcrap if that is where you are heading CCP.
So really, can Devs…nay Hilmar himself show proof that this is or isnot what is coming,
Because that is where it truly seems to be heading.

As i saw on SiSi theese boxes contains basic hulls for begginers, just in “agency style”. Can you link few blogs for me ? :slight_smile:

Look at Project Discovery for how EVE is using ‘Lockboxes’. I.E. not really locked.

how do you open them? From the screenshot I saw it sounded like you would need an extra item to open them, some people jumped to the conclusion it would be a loot box that needs rl $ to open. It seemed to me to be a way to hand out a generic item that could then decide what race a character was and give them the corresponding ship type so they could fly it as an alpha. cash for a t1 frig/hauler seems like a pretty crazy thing to do though.

and that too, although these items have a message about being jumbled and it could be that another item is needed to unlock.

Can you link the blog post or the screenshot ? I checked sisi few mins ago but the event disappeared.

God I hope so and I hope the lockboxes contain GOLDEN AMMO.

GREED IS GOOD!

2 Likes

@Persifonne: Deadspace & Officer Ammo :wink:

Rightclick -> open [name of box]. It shows you something that looks like the hacking minigame, and one of the nodes will be brighter than the others. Click that one, you get shiny thing.

Or: like the boxes from Shadow of the Serpentis events, except with only one item.

1 Like

Just to say:

The CSM has heard no indication that CCP is thinking of putting lockboxes in game. If we did, we would be vehemently against it (I’ll admit, I’ve not polled the others on this, but I’m reasonably confident I’m right here)

So, to to repeat: as far as I’m aware, not happening.

The boxes people have seen are just a way of giving out a ship and some modules, unfitted.

5 Likes

I watched lewd sites at the same time, I was satisfied, how about you?

If CCP would introduce lockboxes it would not be a problem people in ‘keytanked’ shuttles would be flying everywhere and getting cracked open like a piñata. Unless the Plexvault would get a keyring addition.

They could give subscribed player a set of keys every month!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Has the CSM or a(ny) member of the CSM directly asked the question about paid lock box keys to Maria Sayans, Chief Customer Officer, or whoever could be in charge of supervising or product ownership ?

“I demand to speak to a manager! The CEO will hear of my petty squabbles! Don’t make me get the United Nations involved!”

1 Like

I don’t believe that exact question has been asked.

However, questions on similar topics have been asked, and answered to my satisfaction.

1 Like

So long as CCP Games is still committed to discuss any proposals that might fall into these grey areas in detail with CSM at the earliest possible stage, I guess we will have to see if anything emerges like rl paid for lock box keys.

source: https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4583354#post4583354

Regards, a Freelancer

ps: grey areas are any game-affecting virtual goods, as discussed after the Incarna event.
source: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/accord-reached-at-ccps-special-summit/

This seems like one of those “features” where they would skip discussion with CSM and say “Here it is, it goes live in a week, discuss” and reach threadnaught status halfway through the week

Were these pay2win GOLDENAMMO lock boxes releases in the patch today?

I heard they just made an agreement with the developpers of goat simulator to make a new CQ & advaced walking in stations.