Homophobic chat in Eve. Function to report this kind of chat. CCP react to this

This kind of chat has to stop and we need to be able to report this so people spreading this kind of stuff get banned.

2 Likes

Send in a support ticket and report them to CCP.

Posting it on the forums won’t do anything.

2 Likes

good idea, hadn’t thought about that. Cheers

im sry that i hurt your feeling on that one and that you are not used to banter

don’t bother. ticket has been submitted.

ye ye good for you and all but plz dont join null sec then we will not have any alliances left in eve if that’s all that is need for a report

I think the point is that in pub channels, a level of decorum is needed. Private corp channels are another thing altogether.

Welcome to the internet, OP.

If you get yourself worked up over things people say you’re in for a baad time… Ignore it.

Oh…wait…you’re the one who freaked out on me for saying those new ship skins looked like crap…so, yeah, you’re pretty tender, aintcha? Good luck.

I never understood people that feel offended on others’ behalf. Obviously, I don’t have the whole chat and I really don’t care but the stuff you see in EVE sometimes will make you curl up. I just ignore it for the most part. Unless it is really bad, at which point I will report it.

I get called that a lot in the game when I kill people, which is why my character always looks fabulous. Doing it in style. :slight_smile:

But as others said, log your ticket, GM will deal with it as they see fit and then of you go.

@shimiku In today’s weak chinned world it also helps to have a little bit of decorum in public spaces.

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with being offended on other’s behalf. Nor with being on the internet.
This stuff is not ok and ignoring it isn’t either.

I’m a bit confused here. What exactly was homophobic in this conversation? That he thought he would become gay by drinking from a bottle or the understanding answers of the other players?:thinking:

Edit: Claire-42 (later comment) “All I advocate for is stuff like this needs to stop. Ignoring a problem is not a solution.”

Nobody ignored anything. I am sorry, that you are offended by someone coming out in local. :grin:

Love is Love and EVE is Live. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Seriously over reacted in my opinion lol…

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with me being homosexual or not as said before. All I advocate for is stuff like this needs to stop. Ignoring a problem is not a solution. In private spaces, you can do and say to yourself whatever you want. in public spaces, you respect other people in whatever way. Simple. Some people can’t do this and in these cases other parties have to take responsibility, CCP in this case. A company that organizes charities like plex for good should not tolerate homophobic or racist speech affiliated with their product.

We are trying to clarify which part of that chat log you found offensive. Most of us are having trouble seeing anything problematic.

2 Likes

Good evening. If you believe content to be offensive, please feel free to file a support ticket. As there is no one on the forums that can help you in this issue, I’m going to close thread for you. Thank you.

2 Likes