How about something new, in the spirit of project discovery.. but different?

I always loved them, right up to the last but one iteration of Windows OS when I felt things where beginning to go a bit sour in our relationship :wink:

But the unavoidable fact is for all practical purposes they do seem to pretty much have a de facto monopoly on the operating platform market, especially for pre installed new PC’s, which is never a good thing for the customer :slight_smile:

The problem is now I don’t they’re being a bit awkward about giving the engagement ring back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nice, this link from that site is also interesting, though I don’t like the language they use in the articles when they talk about AI.

When I hear people talk about what an AI “is thinking” rather than “how it works” to me it always suggests a basic lack of comprehension on their part of what our current AI really is.

But that’s probably just me :slight_smile:

https://futurism.com/researchers-develop-a-new-algorithm-to-teach-ai-to-learn-and-how-to-adapt/

I was thinking about this idea a little more recently.

So to elaborate on it a bit (shameless bump) I was thinking of maybe a total of 40 licences as in game items.

They could originally be distributed as an event reward & be a salable in-game item, repackaging would wipe previous training, contract sales of an un-repackaged one would retain prior training.

I was thinking of a hard limit of 1 active licence per corporation & 2, 3 or 4 per alliance.

You might use corp member actions through a special API key to provide the data for potential actions to give the trainers some control over what they “might” learn.

CCP can have 1 of their own as an in-game AI ambassador & there could be another kind of “open access” one live streaming that anyone in or out of game can chat with & in exchange for donations (ISK, cash or both) vote to effect it’s personality sliders, this last one could potentially provide us with some good publicity & promotional opportunities if done right.

We could have a new section of the alliance tournament for them, I think that would be fun, you might not of course :slight_smile:

So that would be a total of 42 in game, not enough to unbalance anything but enough (I’d hope) to provide some interest for those of us who like this sort of thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.