How can I check my total amount of time spent for EVE Online

How can I check my total amount of time spent for EVE Online ?

That would be nice as some additional info on your character screen.

I am sure they have the details because… This is me apparently in 2020.

1 Like

Why would you want to know?! :scream:

I’ve only played through Steam, so I have a 90% accurate estimate of my time spent in game.

I say 90% because I have noticed Steam will correct some hours if it thinks I’m idling.

2021-2003=?

1 Like

Q: How much time have I spent on EVE Online?

click to reveal answer...

A: Much more than you should.

:wink:

:smirk:

:dealwithitparrot:

3 Likes

And supposedly these are my stats for 2020.

Definitely not looking too good…

Since there’s 8760 hours in one year, it seems I only spent 6.83% of my time playing Eve during Covid year 2020…

That misses the most important part though:

Time spent on the EVE-O Forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that’s easy to see just by checking the forum profile…

Unless it’s been hidden… :wink:

1 Like

Of course, if you have multiple characters on a single account it only gave data for the character you chose. And only the Omega accounts were able to generate reports.

2019 report was much better IMO.

1 Like

Don’t worry even CCP won’the make that info esi retrivable. That one Ratter has been in an anom 23/7 for the last 7 years.

Totally normal human boosting our login numbers.

You used to be able to get this number from the loglite application. It was displayed as part of the logging system unfortunately this was removed some time ago.

I think you can get it via the ESI system but I have never been able to get it to work. I’d love an idiots guide or web based app to do it.

2 Likes

You can probably figure it out via your in game character sheet with a bit of work.

But, you might want to do it sooner vs. Later.

Interesting question… do you leave your logs forever like I do? Then a small script might work.

For example on Windows you might use Powershell. I only want 2021 here:

$datetimeregex = '\d{4}.\d{2}.\d{2}\s+\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}'
$datetimeformat = "yyyy.MM.dd HH:mm:ss"
$filefilteryear = "2021"
$f =Get-ChildItem ([environment]::getfolderpath("mydocuments") + "\EVE\logs\Gamelogs\$filefilteryear" + "*.txt" )
$played = New-TimeSpan
foreach ($l in $f) {
$a = Get-Content($l)
try {
$start = [dateTime]::ParseExact((($a[3] | select-string  -Pattern $datetimeregex -AllMatches ).matches.value),$datetimeformat,$null)
$end = [dateTime]::ParseExact((($a[$a.count-1] | select-string  -Pattern $datetimeregex -AllMatches ).matches.value),$datetimeformat,$null)
$played += New-TimeSpan -Start $start -End $end
} 
catch {}
}
$played

Not too bad for me:
Days : 13
Hours : 19
Minutes : 57
Seconds : 13
Milliseconds : 0
Ticks : 11950330000000
TotalDays : 13.831400462963
TotalHours : 331.953611111111
TotalMinutes : 19917.2166666667
TotalSeconds : 1195033
TotalMilliseconds : 1195033000

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.