How difficult is the new gurista event "The Hunt"

At least one good thing coming out of this event beside the eggs … we may be able to put that last hit nonsense to a rest … for a couple of days. :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone else notice if CCP has changed the mechanics governing the Event sites? I don’t think players can farm the rats inside the sites anymore.

I was just in one and 5 minutes after the Boss spawned all the rats warped out with the Boss leaving the site last.

Must be new, at least on last weekend I could farm endlessly to get my agency points, and I saw one group doing it yesterday. Is double boss also gone?

I just ran another site and this time I jumped on the Boss when he spawned, killed him, all the rats immediately warped out and no twin brother showed up.

Now it’s gonna take a lot longer to complete the Agency tasks.

EDIT: Also it seems the loot table has been messed with too, still got a good random mix of loot but the drop quantity has definitely been reduced.

1 Like

Looks like it’s fixed now, will have a look this evening … this time I will not aim for the 700 points. The loot drops were way off since the beginning of the event, way too much stuff and a drop ratio of nearly 1:1 advanced to standard accelerators according to my hangar.

1 Like

Damage taken from the boss+ spawns seems to go around 150 ish dps. However the BS use torpedo, so easy to mitigate using speed.
Frigates are limited to 20km range.

Tried with manticore, does not apply enough on frigs so it’s a waste of time.
Tried with polarized mach, bit on the edge of tank but staying at 30km from frigs allow to apply good with fusion+painter+tracking computer. Then hail goes 1350 dps cold vs boss.

However …
[Typhoon Fleet Issue, Hunting the DPS]
C3-X 'Hivaa Saitsuo' Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Republic Fleet Target Painter
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Shield Recharger II

Polarized Torpedo Launcher
Polarized 800mm Repeating Cannon
Polarized 800mm Repeating Cannon

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Wasp II x5

Scourge Rage Torpedo x360
Hail L x720

Actually I think CCP got a bit heavy handed with the nerf bat on loot drops.

Just did another site, Boss only dropped 1 skin and 1 accelerator, had total of 26 wreaks in the site, 11 had loot, 1 medium wreck dropped 1 booster, all the other wreaks dropped Metal Scraps.

Obviously CCP doesn’t know how to set a good balance ratio for loot drops, either it’s real heavy or extremely light.

:frowning:

Glad I ran these when I did. Twin boss spawns and decent loot drops made these a lot of fun. I ran a few post-patch today and the loot was underwhelming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.