How do you find a compression array?

I was reading in the wiki about compressing ore. I don’t go to low security space, so the Rorqual is not an option. So how do you find a compression array? Are they NPC structures or owned by players? Do they exist in 0.6 and up?

Compression arrays are a thing of the past. What you want is a Refinery: an Athanor or a Tatara. Those can be fitted to allow ore compression.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation. Where can they be found? Can an alpha clone use them? I have reprocessed ore, but I have never done compression.

Any player owned structure that allows you to reprocess also allows you to compress. Put your ore on your hanger floor (ie not in a container) and right click. The option to compress should be available. Note that ore can only be compressed in multiples of 100, so any units of ore you have that are not a multiple of that will not be compressed.

Player owned structures are any that appear in the right click menu in space under the “Structures” category. You can get info, and if the services tab lists “Reprocessing” and “Docking” (so that you can get into it to do your thing), then you are in the clear. Compression is not able to be taxed, so it won’t even cost you a thing, though some folk like to toss the station owner some isk to offset the fuel cost. What you do is up to you, though.

8 Likes

Thank you very much.

Reprocessing is not able to be taxed, so it won’t even cost you a thing, though some folk like to toss the station owner some isk to offset the fuel cost. What you do is up to you, though.

Correction, reprocessing is taxable, compression isn’t.

1 Like

Ooops. That’s what I get for posting when I should be sleeping. Edited!

2 Likes

Thank you again for the help!

You are very welcome.

Athanor and Tatara are good choices if u got an access to it, but if not and u want to be mobile, I guess compression array is still good piece of equipment.
Question : Could I use this array as a container to store my ore and then compress whole harvest or do I need something else?

Is that compression array worth to buy it for small corp(10members)?

If you mine in systems where there are no citadels at all, then yes, it can be worth it. Long ago when I was in another corp, we would do hobo-mining where we had an orca, tower and compression array. We’d move from system to system when folks would get itchy feet or bored. The Orca would haul the tower & stuff and then do boosting when we would get set up. We had less than 10 members actively mining back then.

We would deliberately look for systems that had no NPC stations back then.

Any citadel with refining also has compression. So it might not be worth it any more.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.