How do you make ISK as a new player?

Join a corp, gain their trust and then steal all their stuff. Requires zero SP and is probably the most lucrative activity a new player can engage in.

Mining with a Venture was slow and safe until I got enough for a Procurer. Some more mining, and I got to fit it, ha. Got said barge blown out from under me in low-sec one day later. Live n’ learn, boom - learn faster.

From there I took my Probe out into a wormhole and lucked out on pirate data/relic sites. Got enough for 3 Procurerers, if I needed to. From there, I’ve bounced between mining, exploring, ratting, and distribution missions (up to level 4 now woo). Sell stuff at Jita, or Hek, or wherever one of the websites tells you is paying top for it.

Everything is effective if you put the time in it. Mining is the slow, safer, consistent method. Exploring has some serious boom-bust, my experience so far, and if you don’t use the stuff you have to sell it.

Edit - I’ve even had a few cases where I’ve seen stuff cheap and grabbed it for resale elsewhere at enough profit to make the haul worth it to me. But I don’t particularly value my time, so nya.

1 Like

Being really patient, that’s the key.

1 Like

Buy PLEX from CCP, sell PLEX on market ingame.

3 Likes

I disagree…

In LS they do…about 1500LP per contract and if you are in a good location then you carry 4 contracts per run. So that’s about 6000LP for 4-5 jumps in a ship worth about 2M…even at 10,000ISK per LP (as per Fuzz), that’s 60M for about 15-20M or work…less the LP exchange bit and getting the goods out.

i wasn’t looking at the LP, then again i don’t do LS hauling… Id dip into L4 hauling when i get bored of doing sec missions.

I found nice (although a bit dull) circle of life in LS…

• Run LVL4 hauler missions for LP
  • Destroy NPC mining fleets for ore/mins and loot
  • use ore/mins to manufacture the LP from hauling into faction goodies

Pretty busy and very good ISK…safe too if you pay attention

1 Like

Let’s see if this loads…

A few years old but still worth a peek.

2 Likes

Use any destroyer you like the model. Put salvager and modules to increase your cap.

Go to site named “Emerging Conduit”, find one that being run by someone.

WArp in, bookmark one wrecks, warp out, wait some time until it gone, then go to the bookmark.

The end game in ISK making?
Rorq mining, carrier ratting, trading, high class WH running, Incursions, corp tax, and many more.

Freighter ganking, corporate theft, and scamming.

We dont need waiting to end game for that.

Actually, OP is on the perfect time for it.

Much safer to just bookmark the anomaly without warping in, a proper salvaging destroyer can run MWD capstable even with low skills so shouldn’t take long to get to the wrecks if the conduit runner(s) warped in at a distance instead of zero while if he warps in he risks losing his ship for no reason, usually not much of a risk but still an unnecessary risk and depending on from where and what distance the conduit runner(s) warped in he might land right in the middle of the fight and might get aggro and get shot and potentially die before he can warp out.

agree, but OP still new and thats is too much information. He will figure the best way after he try it first, and smooth the edges later.

For OP, this will get boring fast, you might want to start join up Karma Fleet or Pandemic Horde or any other good corp to learn and experience more about EVE.

There are many ways and it is not fun to stick with just one. Mission running will give you views you will hardly get anywhere else. Exploration is fun if you like probing and minigames, but in high sec it is not a good money and in low sec/wh you will get your ship blown up so often, tat it is not a good money either. Ninja salvaging, FW fleets - it all makes you depending on someone else schedule.
So - use dotlan map and fuzzwork LP calculator to find you spot in the universe. Can be overcrowded mission hub or lone high sec island, it is up to you. Do what is fun to you - missions, if you have no other funny stuff around, ninja salvaging emerency conduits, if you see someone doing it, combat anomalies even mining if you feel like to. There is no single activity, that will give you best ISK and be fun runnig 24/7. You will get bored quickly.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely agree 100% with @erg_cz.

The best thing to do is give everything a try for a bit to see which one’s strike your fancy and then do those activities, just remember to mix them up / engage in them all so you won’t get burned out / bored with that activity.

For example, let’s say you like doing Missions, mix in some Exploration with that to keep the game interesting. Some Missions and Exploration sites drop Blue Prints in rewards, use those to mix in some Production. Course while gathering up a bunch of loot you can mix in some Trade as well.

It doesn’t matter what activities you decide upon, could be Ninja Salvaging or Moon Mining, just as long as you enjoy it and mix it up a bit to keep things interesting… After all, variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

Get into a large nullsec alliance (they take anyone and give you a bunch of ships), get in your free venture, mine r32 or r64 moons with their mining fleet to make 10x what you would in any activity in high sec at your level. Risk to you: None. Nullsec sov is the safest place you can be. They also replace your ships if they blow up.

After you make a billion or so, you can leave the corp and move back to high sec to start your trading career.

Don’t make isk. Make fun. isk will come with time.

Don’t make first and worst mistake that is current EVE cancer. Because you will burn out in blink of eye.

3 Likes

This is my honest advice for a new player:

Buy some PLEX and get yourself a couple billion ISK. Grinding is not fun and very inefficient. You’re already grinding in real life, and the ISK/hour ratio is wayyyy better.

Just enjoy the game, have you tried shooting unexpecting other players? It’s the best!

1 Like

If you follow Galaxy Pig’s advice . . . Please remember that you are going to lose some ships. Your first few ships should be cheap

1 Like

Probe mission runners …
… enter the mission pocket …
… steal the loot.

It’s a good start and can actually be quite engaging,
because some of them will shoot at you.

That way you learn to …

2 Likes