How does a poor man play Eve?

Hello all,

I’ve been playing eve on and off since I 2007. Off when I can’t afford it and on when I can.

Twitch Prime recently gave me 15 days of Omega for my account and it got me back into Eve. I was hoping to be able to Plex my account until I saw that plex is now 2 billion isk and that would be impossible to make in 15 days without Eve being a third job.

I want to play Eve, but cannot afford it; family food and shelter come first.

I’ve been watching for a while to try and see a subscription sale but I haven’t seen anything at all.

I’m not sure the economic situation in Iceland but I can tell you that here in America if you’re under 35 like I am it is very very very difficult to make anywhere near decent money.

So why is the price of subscription still so high? I am sure that there are tons of players who would love to return to Eve but simply cannot afford it.

And let’s be honest Alpha is a joke unless you are just learning the game.

Tl:Dr lower the price of subscriptions or do a subscription sale to bring more players into the game

Edit one thing I would love for Eve is for there to just be a buying price for the game. If I had sub every single year the last 12 years I have spent over $1,200 on this game, which is nuts. I wish I could just buy the full price game for $69. 99 or something and never have to pay for sub again.

2 Likes

Has the price changed in the US?

In the UK its been the same since forever afaik

The price is still the same as it was when I started playing 12 years ago

2 Likes

Start a humorous YouTube channel about trying to play EVE with no money. Don’t forget to set up a Patreon page.

3 Likes

CCP would have to create a gating system where you have to buy every new expansion in order to access it. Kinda kills the sanbox, imo.

2 Likes

I would really like to own a Ferrari but just don’t have the money. Does anyone know how I could make this happen? Please note that it cannot involve any work or betting of my situation as that is too hard.

Thanks.

ps. OP stop playing video games, get educated, get a better job…it’s not complicated.

3 Likes

Get the ■■■■ out of here with that ■■■■■■■■

Like I’m not busting my ass every ■■■■■■■ day working 10 hours a day 6 days a week to take care of my ■■■■■■■ family already and you’re going to sit there and act like I’m some lazy piece of ■■■■ man ■■■■ you

Honestly dude, your family should come before a video game.

2 Likes

If you had read my post you would know that is already the case

Clearly not if £10 a month is a vital percent of your family’s income as you’re trying to lead us to believe.

1 Like

giphy

2 Likes

I may come across as condescending, but I’m not rich. A day’s pay every six months for EVE, my internet costs more.

1 Like

May? You certainly do. And you know it. You get off on thinking you are better than others.

If you read my post, I clearly state I AM WORKING MY ASS OFF TO FEED & SHELTER MY FAMILY AND DO NOT HAVE MONEY FOR EVE

And your dumb ass turns around and says STOP SPENDING MONEY ON EVE AND INSTEAD SPEND IT ON YOUR FAMILY.

You STUPID condescending prick. READ BEFORE YOU POST.

https://imgur.com/a/aEZ5XA5 you stupid ■■■■

Eve or any sub based game is not for you. If you are too poor to pay that then THAT is what you should be focusing on.

Heck get a PT job and 2-3 hours A MONTH will pay for EVE…

2 Likes

There you said it…Alpha is not good enough for you and you feel entitled to get Omega for cheaper for some reason…go away, as you said it…you do not have the money to play this game.

2 Likes

I mean, you spend your time writing on some random forum instead of working.

I say time wasted…

2 Likes

Get your priorities straight bub…

1 Like

Why dont you sacrifice part of your monthly SP growth to subsidize PLEX-ing your account? Its not damn rocket science, just you whining and refusing to do anything about the situation.

“and cannot afford it”

It’s in the line you highlighted.

Why do you feel entitled to get Eve for cheaper?