How Interdiction Nullifier module killed exploration

Yes, it only matters what the nulli status is the moment you click on “warp”. Because this is the time where your course is plotted. That means one nulli cycle protects you from the in-gate bubble and the out-gate bubble in one go.

I wish.

When you jump systems all the buffs and effects on your ship are cleared. So even if your nulli cycle was enough to last through (1) warping to a gate, (2) jumping through the gate and then (3) warping off at the other side, it won’t work. I’ve tested it when these modules were introduced on the test server.

The longer duration on interceptors is nice if you want to warp around on a bubbled grid though.

Read my message again. In-gate + out-gate, not automatically next in-gate. You need to manage your cooldowns properly, then you are fine to start next cycle.

1 Like

Then why are you still whining and yapping about how bad it all is?

Whoops, I read that the other way around, out- and ingate.

Yes, one cycle should keep you safe from bubbles on both ingate and outgate.

It’s just a feeling, that’s why I put that “maybe” there.

Then there just seems to be a buttload of low-effort, risk adverse players because the bleed-out of players doesn’t look like it’s tapering off.

1 Like

bring back mines lol watch people really go nuts then

2 Likes

They will come back soon …

I believe it s a good thing they nerfed that.

Game is becoming boring because it lacks of engagement opportunities

If you guys are complaining about being more easily killable in null or WH it’s that what ccp is doing goes in the good direction

Reward must come with risk

The fact your >1b ship is now at risk is a good thing

I am not sure about ccp latest moves but at least it’s trying to promote again small roaming and dynamic mouvement and I do appreciate the effort

Damn people, what is wrong with you ? Game was : high sec passive mining and endless mission boring running. Lowsec was braindead, nulls was extremely boring as it was almost impossible (and it still is) to catch small solo things, with only large fleets being created …
f1 droning is NOT fun

Drive people out of their comfort zone, promote reward by taking risk to go in PvP system, make things dynamic.
You complain about nullification nerf ? Then YOU don’t understand whatis killing the game

Edit : and if you want to explore things by not being engageable or killable by other players, maybe EVE is not your kind of game

Can you not fit combat probes and do a quick scan of a gate from somewhere safe? That’s what I’d do if a gate was outside Dscan and I suspected a bubble.

2 Likes

…people like the OP, who wants to be able to explore in more or less perfect safety without any risk?
I agree with your general point but you are on the exact wrong side of this issue. The nullifier changes made exploration more risky, not less so.

So the game whose core focus is the balance of risk and reward requires you to balance risk with reward?
Sounds like it’s working as intended.

Have you tried not warping directly between gates? I feel like someone who has progressed far enough in the game to unlock Tech 3 Cruisers and the ability to make enough ISK to lose billions worth of ship would understand this incredibly basic, simple, easy tip that literally everyone else already knows.

They didn’t. Use a Buzzard. Caldari Victor.

Good. EVE clearly isn’t the game for you if you want to be able to cruise around with absolutely no risk to yourself.

1 Like

People still use gates?

The right way is to use Needlejack “noise” filaments to random about and WH’s.

Also don’t fly gate to gate, bounce off some celestial.

Use combat probes to scan for WH/Gate camps and route planners and reported kills.

Adapt or die, you chose die. Roll the dice again.

Also don’t blindly warp to a Thera BM share, they (Eve Scout) got exploited last time, it is up to you to do your due diligence on route planning and warping.

You do know it is possible to die in Eve while having made no mistakes, correct?

There pretty much always is something you could have done better to avoid a death.

Often players take a little bit (or large amount) of risk which opens up the possibility of dying, in order to save time or gain rewards. Warping straight from gate to gate saves you time and effort, until you warp into smartbombs. Taking that one relic site in null while hostiles are in local may reward you with ISK, but if you checked their names and noticed one of them likes camping exploration sites to kill explorers you could have made a better choice for survival.

If all else fails, don’t undock and you simply cannot die from a mistake.

Me: If you want to be healthy, you should eat right, exercise, and stay away from drugs such as tobaco and alcohol.
Arcturen: You know you can do all of those things and still get cancer?
Me: Well, ■■■■ me. You’re right. Guess there’s no point in trying to live a healthy lifestyle after all.

Sigh. You can lead a horse to water…
No P2W

4 Likes

There are instances where there is absolutely nothing you can do.

For instance, rage roll-ins in wormholes.

Is this really what this complaint boils down to? Cripes heaven forbid piloting requiring doing things!

2 Likes

Oh there’s something you can do.
You just don’t have enough experience with the game to know it.