How long will it last?

My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas.

Who else notices that it’s mostly these kind of people who want to pretend we’re assholes?

1 Like

Agreed, some, unfortunately many (or maybe a vocal minority that seems a lot) takes an internet pixel spaceships game too serious, though I play and played many multiplayer games (among others) and this is a general trend unfortunately, at least based on my personal experiences and of that witnessed on many forums (including the Steam forums) but is not limited to either side, just wanted to point that out and of course what goes around comes around, so if someone on the losing end of an encounter behaves like a madman and foams salt all over the place what can they expect? They both lost all credibility and (from me at least they) also lost any hope for compassion.

When someone throws up the chessboard and throws a tantrum if I or anyone else beats them in chess that is the natural reaction to them, they are unworthy of the game and the fellow players they play that game with because they are the toxic ones.

Well problem is your proving my point, by behaving like an angry 5 years old only coming only with insults and always screaming troll when some one tries to take up an issue that you think is not there.

you’re*

I’m not the one who can’t write a properly structured sentence.

1 Like

Yes I fully agree but in some way I wanted to believe eve would be a bit different than other mmo when the general player base is 30+. Maybe people would be a bit more mature.

But my biggest question was mostly how long do people this a niche game like eve will last im surprised it lasted 16 years.

Liar. Literally all the other MMOs are for people like yourself, who need to be cuddled and protected, because they can’t handle how the real world works.

2 Likes

Well no but even if you can type better than me, Behaving like an angry 5 years old and only coming with insults does not make you mature at all even how better than me you can type.

1 Like

Toxicity doesn’t decide the popularity or longevity of a game.

LoL is one of the most popular games in the world, however that game is indeed toxic. I usually don’t take offence nor care much about chat, but even I’m starting to just /fullmute all at the start of every match.

So that question is really not that relevant and only serves as bait.

ah the old classic eve is like real world. ■■■■■■■■ you know eve is a game and is not even remotely like real world what so ever. But if you can not see the difference between a game and real world maybe you should stop playing games.

Saying not ready for the real world if you can play eve man I heard that ■■■■ so many times and it still sound as stupid every time. Get of your high horse and quit comparing a bloody video game to real life.

Perhaps there are helpful players in EVE. But apart from the small number of organized exceptions, there’s no natural way to meet any of them.

Some experienced players helping a small subsetof new players that fit a special set of conditions is statistically meaningless.

In most MMOs, casual contact with other players is natural. In EVE, lesson one: casual contact gets you cheated, ganked, or robbed. You don’t meet enough people (outside of the Rookie Help, which works quite well … for two weeks /sigh).

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

3. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Thread closed.

4 Likes