How Much Tank did you lose with the Patch 18.04

Why are you not allowed to undock ? Who’s stopping you ?

People like you will be dead of this game, when that happens just remember you were part of the problem.

But it is still overall survability lose… how it matters that one variable in equation increased if result is still lower… 15% close range T2 ammo boost is ridiculous.

Majority of null sec corps forbid using supers for ratting since new patch.

Yep. Just like I was when I walked away from SWG after the NGE was done to cater to new players.

Seriously, my wife started playing after I warned her away for all of the reasons we’ve discussed (ganking, the easy loss of ships and the difficulties in replacing them). She insisted… she started playing… she got ganked. Do you know what she did? She hulled up and went back to playing, she asked me what she could have done to avoid what happened.

Even has been around since 2003. Its reputation is known (talking about all the crazy stuff that happened is one of the reasons my wife wanted to try it).

If you decided to play Eve, you should know you will lose ships and you are likely to get ganked. Funny thing is: if you play it smart, you generally can avoid ganks.

1. don’t mine within 10 jumps of Jita
  2. check the map for kills in the last hour and active pilots. Avoid low sec areas where these are high
  3. don’t mine within 10 jumps of Jita
  4. set known ganking corps to -5 so you can see them easily in local
  5. don’t mine within 10 jumps of Jita
  6. watch d-scan and stay aligned ready to warp as soon as something appears on d-scan. Push V every 2 seconds
  7. don’t mine with in 10 jumps of Jita
  8. learn how to buffer tank your ship. Hint: Damage Control is awesome.
  9. don’t mine within 10 jumps of Jita
  10. don’t fly bling ships into trading hubs, they attract ganks.
  1. Don’t be frakking selfcentered asshole

If ccp wanted to stop hi sec ganking they would have done so…

I definitely feel like my battleships have struggled a bit with the current changes with tanking. I feel like it’s forcing me to stay further out and to engage at a distance that mitigates the damage sufficiently, otherwise I find my tank breaking a lot more easily than I would anticipate. But I do generally fit just enough for the tank to be sufficient, and thus far is seems to be the better option to fit to apply damage at further distances than to get better at tanking up close. My blaster fit Hype loaded to drop a bunch of dps at point blank range did not pan out.

2 Likes

I checked most of my other ships, really couldn’t tell how much of a nerf they got. Basically what I did was a small refit to all ships that listed their various Shield resistances at 50% or lower.

While I was checking the fits, some of my ships also had a module turned off due to not enough CPU or Powergrid. So I did complete refits on a couple of them and then remembered I had swapped jumpclones a few weeks ago… :expressionless:

So it’s not that you’re not allowed to undock, it’s just that you’re following the orders of your lords & masters - not the same thing at all.

1 Like

So, let me get this straight…

When miners who enjoy flying Retrievers are upset that it’s too easy for players and overpowered NPCs to blow them up, we’re all supposed to mock them and say they shouldn’t be flying Retrievers and should spend most of their play time running away and docking up instead of, you know, actually mining.

When CCP nerfs those precious supers, and the overlords who magically replace those losses say leave them docked to avoid losing them, we’re all supposed to be sympathetic.

4 Likes

Regarding super usage, If you are following orders in a game, you don’t like, you are doing something wrong not the game.

2 Likes

@Phelan_Kheldian

Its nice encountering another potential (and former) SWG player.

That games history really showed what happens when game developers make massive and rapid changes to a game. Ive played EVE for 5 years now, the “nerfs” I’ve seen here are relatively trivial. CCP just seems to put o much more thought into its adjustments than SOE ever did.

Anyways, back on topic. The maximum possible EHP reduction would be 20%. That however would not take place anywhere because the nerf does not apply to base hull resists, rigs and damage controls.

The overabundance of ship hulls needs to be addressed. Things are simply not blowing up fast enough. I like the potential of this change and hope it works.

People are going to complain and threaten to quit over any “nerf”. There is probably a human psychological explanation for it.

People leave games when they get bored with them.
We need to be challenged

People running full t2 (and deadspace) module fit tech 2 ship hulls are not really going to be significantly hurt by these changes.

Industrialists might make smaller runs with the freighters but that adjustment will not be significant.

Increasing the destruction rate of ship hulls will improve the in-game economy over time.

The people who are going to be most affected by these changes are the newer players (alphas).

As a business CCP needs to design the game environment to push people into activating Omega status. Fully enjoying the game for months as an Alpha is actually a bad thing for the company.

It seems that one of CCP’s plans is to keep the “end game” ship builds with “safe” EHP and defensive setups just out of reach behind the Omega status “pay wall”. The sweet spot is to make it possible for the “alpha” to attempt most of the games content but at the same time for it to be annoyingly hard (with the “carrot” of Omega status modules and hulls dangled right in front of them).

The Resistance changes might work towards that goal (in addition to the impact on PVP logistics). Only time will tell.

1 Like

No, you are suppose to realize that you are all losing part of eve and content.

Well, if you want to be a super pilot, you have no choice unless you are the leader of goons.

source ? Otherwise it’s just rumor.

I wouldn’t be surprised.
Only if the “best” bot cannot plex itself in 24/7/30 is ISK/H balanced. That’s where CCP wants us all.

like i said its word, ive read somewhere that this was phase one but havent seen anything stating what the other phases are, ive been asking around and nothing. does seem like something ccp would do. they really missed the killing the fly with a sledge hammer eitherway.

WHERE ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.