How To Handle 'PvE Only'

Well, it’s cool that in just over a year you’ve gone from crying on the forums about the cowardly nature of ganking, to being an F1 monkey for a salt-mining alliance, to now being able to speak for “all the most influential people in the game”.

Congrats, that’s quite a feather in your cap! And glad to see you’re “blazing your own path” on those 35-man high-sec kills.

As said though, let’s get a couple more years of those things under your belt and then see how you feel about “the only problem with the game is doomsayers and people who won’t make their own content”.

1 Like

Tip of the iceberg :slight_smile:

Easy, if someone chooses “PVE only” during character creation, he will be appear inside EVE Echoes once the character creation is completed.

1 Like

I’m much more PVE inclined but even I realize nothing in this game works without the loss the entire game is based on resource destruction I just dont see it working and this is from what some of you would call a care bear

I see nothing wrong with being a “Care Bear”. As long as your an active cb. Don’t play afk. Pay attn to your surroundings.

I’ve spent a lot of time covering gates/wh’s so corp m8’s could mine for max profit. The pay was low, but gear was cheap! Good people and good times! :smiley:

Why would there need to be a PvE currency?

If you opt out of the in-game economy, then you would need a useless currency to go along with the no risk.

2 Likes

No risk no ISK.

The alternative to PvE currency rewards is 0 rewards.

2 Likes

There would still be risk, just not from players shooting you.

And what risk would that be? A bot malfunction?

Edit; Netflix going down?

2 Likes

What Risk?

Catastrophic bot malfunction.

2 Likes

The risk of having a stroke or heart attack at the keyboard is pretty low. Still, that sort of risk is not applicable for a video game.

The risk of me getting a stroke is pretty high, if I had to spend my time mining in highsec

1 Like

In the past, I was against the idea of a discrete PvE server, but now I’m all for it. CCP should just spin up a “fresh start” server in which it’s impossible to attack another player in any area of space. Bumping also shouldn’t work, and loot can only be looted by the owner of the cans/wrecks and their corporations. Null-sec systems would all be seeded with NPC stations, and the sovereignty mechanic would be disabled. PvE only; no combat PvP whatsoever in any shape or form.

Nothing from the PvE server could be transferred to TQ, possibly with the exception of just the raw character with its accumulated skill points (all skills would be removed, and the SP moved into the unallocated SP pool). Even the implants would stay behind.

This server could also be accompanied by a relaxation of the recent, unnecessary anti-PvP changes on TQ.

My logic behind this is that this server would essentially act as a cash cow for CCP to fuel the development of features for the real EVE. Let the casuals and career carebears grind their safe PvE in that environment as much as they want; it doesn’t matter since these people would mostly be those who wouldn’t have even tried the game otherwise anyway, or have in the past but quit after a week because of the “ganking” they kept hearing about but never actually experienced.

I really doubt that this would affect the player numbers on TQ. In fact, after the initial drop after some Karens leave to go play the “safe” EVE in peace, we might actually start seeing TQ growth as players start realizing that PvE-only EVE is garbage.

2 Likes

Noone is calling for that server. A server in which just highsec was safe for example would satisfy the most call for safe PvE. You wouldn’t want that though because you know it would be more popular.

1 Like

As long as the 2 servers/system/whatever cannot transfer anything. Then you can have your safe server/systems.

3 Likes

Because otherwise people living in lowsec and null could simply farm out highsec using hundreds of totally risk free ‘PvE Only’ alts…they could transfer those ISK to PvP accounts. Noobs would find the asteroid belts swept clean by hordes of alts of PvP players in Orcas that nobody could shoot at thanks to you guys making them un-gankable ! Duh…talk about shooting oneself in the foot.

1 Like

It could be called Shame-Ducats!

1 Like

You’d be yelling for the return of ganking within 5 minutes when nobody can shoot at the dozen ‘PvE Only’ Orcas from nullsec that have just descended on your favourite asteroid belt to suck it dry totally risk free and leave you with a few crumbs.

You see, risk free for you means risk free for everyone. With zero risk, hordes of Orcas are gonna sit there in highsec belts 24/7. Nobody can shoot at them. All those poor noob Ventures are gonna be left with nothing.

That is why ganking exists ! You’ll ‘get’ it one day.

1 Like