How To Handle 'PvE Only'

And what if they did? How is that any different to the crazy amounts of farming the CCP reports show every month?

Empirical evidence suggests the contrary. EVE Echoes has this particular rule set (high-sec is 100% safe), and it’s declined from about 10,000-20,000 players at release to something like 2,000-3,000 today, with the grand majority of the population living right next to Jita. The price of low-end resources has crashed to almost nothing (you can check for yourself on the EVE Echoes market tracker site).

One of the biggest complaints about the game is just the sheer boredom of it. It’s a game with massive turnover, with players rarely lasting more than 3 months. People think that they want to play that game, but after they try, they realize they actually don’t. Kind of like people thinking they’re totally going to be into some S&M, but completely change their minds when they’re starting to get spanked. And that’s what EVE Echoes is; it’s an S&M session where you’re the gimp, thanking the mistress after every lash of the leather whip.

6 Likes

I don’t see why I would be calling for the return of ganking. I definitely don’t see nullsec players giving up the high value, fairly safe mining they have in nullsec for one of the worst PvE income streams in the game.

Why is it you keep implying that anyone that disagrees with you is just ignorant? I won’t “get” what you’re saying because I don’t agree with you. It’s not that I don’t understand, I just don’t take your opinion as fact.

1 Like

Still surprised people don’t understand that EvE PvE is pretty boring for the average gamer. Not everyone enjoys watching paint dry.

If you want a PvE focused game, EvE needs major reworks if it wants to attract new players. Ctrl-clicking things and hitting a few hotkeys at a snail’s pace, just isn’t that exhilarating game mechanics.

Don’t be silly. How could it possibly not be different ? Not only were 16 Orcas destroyed in highsec just in the past week, but there’d be a lot more Orcas in highsec without that very risk. With zero risk, every experienced player and their dog will have an Orca mining away. I’d have one myself. Nothing to lose, if there’s no risk. All those poor noobs…the very people you claim to care soooo much about…will be left with nothing but crumbs.

1 Like

Why she never answered me I guess.

1 Like

Indeed…the very thing Defi is calling for already exists, and is in rapid decline. And not a ganker in sight ! People are leaving it because PvE Only is boring.

2 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

What are you so afraid of? People earning ISK? How dare they! People like you make the game suffer. You can’t see the Forrest for the trees.

obligatory…

6BEE6170-7195-4DB9-B885-06FC57F24C28

3 Likes

sooooooooooo then my obligatory PVP tale :smiley:
today i was looking for ways to become suspect
you guys would be surprised how hard it can be to a solo pilot some times
i jumped to a random system near jita , there i can shot mobile depots and get the precious yellow status

but i ■■■■■■ up HARD , the random system was perimeter , but i was unaware

well , i see lots of people at the gate and felt a bit unsafe , the other way is , jump to a random open anomaly , steal some loot from the ratter , done

without knowing i jumped in my buffer tank cruiser to a blood raider event site , got scramed , panic … ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■

align to any gate start to kill the scram ships , they take 2/3 of my buffer , kill all my drones , but i got it YAYYYYYYY I’m free , jump to jita … on the other side

BIG FLEET

well i was pissed , i could have rage quitted for the day , but i still had the yellow status , lets try again

it was a good TIME , not only i got isk positive and kill positive but i good enough loot to PAY FOR MY CRUISER :smiley:

besides that i got to meet @Arya_Yeshe on jita undock and we had a awesome conversation and she was super nice dropping loot for me to renew suspect status … ty dear :heart:

moral of the history , EVE PVP is great , don’t give up
without it the game would be boring

4 Likes

A month or so ago I lost 2 ships ( 350m ISK worth ) in the space of half an hour, and a third ship that I wasn’t even in…lost when a station was zapped. It was all great fun !

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes, of course, like this isn’t going on right now, LP, back in the day we had AUR, LP and AUR are currency regardless of what people think, you get/got something for it then you could sell them for isk.

This dead horse has been turned into dust long ago, high sec has been nerfed to hell and yet people refuse to go to low and dull sec or WH for that matter, frankly people who are in the PvP crowd simply can’t seem to comprehend that some people do NOT enjoy any form of PvP and forcing this upon them only sends the numbers lower, again so simple and yet so misunderstood.

i understand perfectly
but I’m totally up to lose those people for the health of the game
they have to admit that word PVP games are the minority and they can be happy in other place while those weirdoes that like hard pvp cant

3 Likes

And then what???
People complain because it feels more empty in eve now, it is the willingness to sacrifice others for the sake of something that exist already, low/dull/WH, where people are free to shoot at everyone and everything yet still lurk up in high sec because of what???

What if some people don’t enjoy the programming on a TV channel? What should the broadcaster do?

If a show is unpopular it gets cut, like any business profit and people who don’t PvP bring in profit just like others.

there is 10000 PVE games for every full PVP games
i don’t care , to me people are quitting , there is less people yada yada yada is a excuse to move the agenda
people do PVP in low , null , wh and hs … and that is because EVE has many play styles and forms of PVP, not the same experience

i do FW and suspect baiting , its what i do
i don’t gank or do fleet fights…

so i do pvp in HS and LOW … its my play style