How To Handle 'PvE Only'

“Unpopular” denotes some kind of universal sentiment. When something is unpopular, it’s not just “some” people who dislike it, but “most” or “all” people. Here, as per your words, we’re discussing some people. So what should be done if only some people don’t like the TV channel’s programming?

Point exactly, companies do what is profitable.

yeah
thats why niche games are niche
i love tales of maj’eyal
not as many players as wow
but the dev apears happy enough

Yeah, see that right there? As I’ve always said, these people don’t just want to change a game, they want to eliminate open-world hardcore PvP games as an institution in its entirety. They suck at these games and don’t enjoy them, so them want to take them away from the people who do because that way they won’t have to deal with feeling inferior or left out.

8 Likes

It’s not about what makes devs happy, in the end it’s the player who pays that keeps the devs at the chair, devs can do as they want and there will always be some who are all in but in the end if there is not enough support then the work won’t matter judging from the pile of corpse’s of games that came and went.

EVE have 20 years
its a good run
if for some reason it dies (i don’t think it will in the close future )
it was a blast

if eve change to yet another PVE mmo i would not like it
so why i would care if it is alive?

1 Like

Cause society changes over time, now with technology it changes faster than ever, I still have cassette tapes, 45’s, 33’s, 78 record sizes, MD player, Mavica floppy camera, and yes a floppy drive, I no longer own an 8 track tho.

Yet, I almost never use the obsolete stuff in favor of instant online access, the point being is that eve like everything must change because the culture of people in that company change over time, people come and go for many reasons and with that change happens, maybe it’s time for eve 2.0, with the massive change in the industry eve in the grand scheme is like my collection, useable but being left behind by catering to bitterness.

Ok zoomer!

You say these numbers as if they are really high. No, everyone and their dog will not have an orca mining away because there are countless ways to make far more ISK just as easily for people living outside of highsec. It would take at least hundreds of thousands of orcas to mine everything in highsec. If there were hundreds of thousands of simultaneous omega accounts logged on all day every day that would be amazingly good for the game.

EVE Echoes is not EVE. It’s a mobile game which means it s aimed at a completely different market with the main issue being that most mobile gamers want drop-in drop-out gameplay that echoes can’t really support. An MMO on mobile is a difficult sell.

This is definitely a Player versus Player topic.

Eve with a PVP-turn-off zone is not Eve. It’s a PvE game which means it is aimed at a completely different market with the main issue being that PvE gamers want 100% security numbers-only-go-up gameplay that Eve’s economy and culture can’t really support.

5 Likes

That can’t happen because half of the reason those people even do what they do is so that they can “play for free” by grinding out PLEX. Where’s that PLEX going to come from?

ccp could come up with a special, temporary booster, see what it tastes like. No risk, no isk. :crazy_face:
quafezeroall

I don’t believe that’s true, I think that EVE has always been a braod sandbox and shouldn’t be confined to just space combat because some people want that forced into every mechanic.

PLEX comes from people buying it with cash. If the demand for PLEX rises, the ISK price of PLEX rises and so the appeal of buying PLEX for cash rises.

But I don’t believe that highsec would be overrun by so many Orcas that ore ceases to exist. I was pointing out the flaw in the other person’s claim.

I don’t know why would anyone want this … but I’ll indulge you in entertaining the idea . The simplest thing that they could do is to release a bare bone single player version of the game similar to what X series is . There will be no subscription, no PLEX , you buy the game once and that’s it , unless they’ll go with a DLC model for it. There will be NPC buy orders, no sov , etc. What are you going to do with the currency ?! It will be up to those who want this to figure out… But I can imagine an Eve version like this being more lore focused and story driven, kinda like epic arc missions, cosmos agents, etc.

1. Ore wouldn’t have to cease to exist. The ore prices would be affected, they already are for hisec ores since the changes. Which means it does affect the economy.
  2. Buying plex with cash to fund pve-only players might be a good deal for ccp (plexing costs the buyer more than getting a sub), but would - with the higher plex price as you mention - create inequality between pve-only and “regular” players in terms of ease of access to plex on the market. Inequality is something ccp has always tried to prevent.
  3. Creating safe zones will, with the well-known craftiness of this game’s player base, lead to exploitation and market manipulation, in total safety, unless ccp prevents creation of any value in these safe zones or with goods gathered in these safe zones - making them effectively worthless or at the very least meaningless for gameplay.
  4. Bot haven

It’s not some players who “demanded” that pvp be forced into every mechanic. It’s the design of the game. If newer generations of players no longer have the stomach for a pvp game like this one, perhaps ccp can develop a pc version of EvE Echoes, as that mobile game apparently isn’t appealing enough (?) to pc users. That would prevent the danger of turning EvE Online into something that is no longer recognizable and loses even more appeal (and users). Just a thought.

1 Like

“PvE” and “Single Player” are not the same thing. Also, noone is claling for the whole game to be safe, just for the highsec area to be the safe PvE area to attract a broader playerbase than just PvP junkies. The way it’s going EVE will eventually just be a series of PvP arenas, even the market is starting to lose its ability to self-sustain and CCP will have to intervene with NPC orders eventually

You just basically described playing Eve in single player mode…

1 Like