How To Handle 'PvE Only'

Nope. Nowhere does it say anyone is ‘secure’ in highsec. In 20 years of the game, it never has done. The very fact that noob Ventures are daily destroyed by NPCs in highsec is all the proof one needs that highsec is not, and never has been, ‘secure’.

3 Likes

You’re just wrong.

So, when was it secure?

1 Like

High sec has never been secure, nor should it be. It would be interesting to know when the very first player got ganked in high sec. I’d be willing to bet it was in the first week, if not the first day…

2 Likes

Highsec just has to maintain the feeling of being secure by delivering the illusion that concord has your back.

Solution, make the bilboards larger and spam Concord ads.

High sec historically was way more dangerous than it is today. It’s only gotten safer over time, and now is the safest it has ever been, which is why now it’s the most boring it has ever been.

5 Likes

Its the only area that people can actually mess with what you are doing.

Every other area they get stopped quick enough, dont they?

Yes, everywhere else in the universe it is “My behavior has consequences and if people don’t like it they’ll shoot me”.

In high sec it is now “let me try to take advantage of arbitrary restrictions as much as possible to protect me from my own choices and if people don’t like it they can’t shoot me and if they do I’ll cry about how I wasn’t protected from my own choices.”

4 Likes

I was going on the

Everywhere else:
“I can ■■■■ about for 5 seconds then Im splashed, or alternatively it empty. Theres no craic and comms are silent.”

Hish Sec:
“I can mess with people for hours, and be messed with because theres a lot of people and no one can batphone 10 carrers on me. Craic is good and theres banter.”

It was YEARS after 2003.

Mining is behavior worthy of being shot? Come on man!

These kind of statements are Borked!

/rephrase

These kind of questions are Borked!

PvE rats seem to think so…eh.

I remember killing an AFK pod on my second or so week in the game around 2004.

KM proof?

zKill only goes back to like 2008 or so. I’ll see if I can hunt down the KM inside the character’s history, but I’m not sure it’s possible, because we used to get them as mails before the system transitioned to the current “combat record,” and those mails have long been auto-deleted. Some of my characters are missing hundreds, if not thousands of kills from my early days because of this.

Anyway, this is besides the point, as the “Yulai Incident” in which a group called M0o was conducting the first-ever mass-scale ganking operation happened shortly after the game got released in 2003, and has been well-documented with many articles and archived forum posts/threads. I’m absolutely positive that the first random high-sec gank happened within the first few days of the game’s release, as people were experimenting. If you look at the archived forums, you can see that in 2003 people were already complaining about high-sec ganking, and ranting about how the game will die in a few months if it doesn’t stop.

2 Likes

I don’t see this.

I’m truly sorry for your lack of basic internet search skills, then. Getting old and senile must be really rough! Here you go, old-timer:

2 Likes

Reading is hard.

Not 20 battleships camping a 1.0 gate, killing people far below thier ability to respond.

Are you contending that people were getting CONCORDED in 20 BS to gank in HS?

Thinking is hard. Here’s what you wanted:

Here’s what I provided:

A perfect example of the claim I made.

So now I made you look like an idiot twice: once by making you seem incompetent because you couldn’t perform a basic internet search and pull up a first-page result, and another time by shutting down your little attempt to move the goal posts after being proven wrong. Shall we go for a third?

5 Likes