How To Handle 'PvE Only'

lost two today

In your dreams Kitty Cat. The post you cited wasn’t about HS ganking. I thought I made my original point pretty clear. Ganking hasn’t been around that long. Try Harder.

What else is it called when someone kills someone else in 1.0 space?

1 Like

Do you think they suicide ganked in 20 battleships?

Not 20 battleships camping a 1.0 gate, killing people far below thier ability to respond.

It’s just so amusing seeing a 2003 post claiming that ganking ‘will be the downfall of this game’…and carrying on ( as there’s a lot more ) with a rant identical to that of Lucas. And here Eve still is…almost 20 years later ! But to truly cap off the BS, the poster has the sheer gall to include the signature “A coward dies a thousand times, the brave die just once…” after every post. That truly takes the biscuit.

3 Likes

If you’d been around longer, you’d know that we used to have forum signatures. We also had really cool graphic sigs but CCP took them from us. That post isn’t about suicide ganking, try reading more of it. I know your lot likes to cherry-pick…

Need more details, as lots of Nul is suited for the pve only Capsuleer.

/@ x123xxx Excellent ^^ is that the new Orca Navy issue?

1 Like

I Wish but yeah a wormhole opened and there was a very large fleet battle

1 Like

Then for a pve only scenario we could make it so that we can send a single probe through that wormhole and scan the other side within a 1au radius.

1 Like

Ah…one of the classic Lucas evades. This week’s Top 5 Evades…

1. ‘Nope’
  2. ‘Irrelevant’
  3. ‘CCP says…’
  4. ‘You and your ganker friends…’
  5. ’ It’s not about…xyz ’
2 Likes

Very feasible.

I’m not sure what your point is - Ganking is a new thing? It’s been possible for a long time. the classic smartbombing BS is a good example:

Once of my favourite all-time Eve videos is a ganking video, because Ganking allows players to transcend the limitations set by CCP in situations where players hide behind mechanics to avoid consequences for their actions:

And as far as “Ganking” being a recent thing (if i’m understand that’s a statement you made) then you should already be aware of Hulkageddon and just how long that has been running for:

While that thread is from 2011, Hulkageddon ran for years before that.

Until Noob Corps and Immortal NPC stations are removed from the game, Ganking in HiSec is a necessary mechanic to allow players to self regulate against other players hiding behind game mechanics in a game where losses are supposed to matter and risk is everywhere.

One of my least enjoyable period of eve was spent in a hi-sec wardeccing corp. Those guys have game mechanic abuse down to a fine art. None of it was bannable, all of it un-believably unfair against other players.

1 Like

Very limited perspective. Gankers have “hidden” behind unintended game mechanics for far too long. They’re finally being reined in by CCP. Every playstyle should have a fair and balanced counter-play. BTW, 2011 is NOT 2003. Just saying…

Gankers are summarily punished by losing their ship. They aren’t abusing game mechanics, they are sacrificing their ships to achieve a goal.

Now if you wanted to argue that it’s too easy to gank… then I’d be all for a catalyst rework. It’s a garbage destroyer that’s only used for ganking and gallente would be better if it was “fixed”.

How is abusing he-sec mechanics different? Using accounts in different corps, noobs corps etc to remote rep your main so you can survive flag-timers and redock when people try to fight back… That’s anti-gameplay gameplay. Gameplay designed to deny interactions by abusing the fact that you aren’t actually a pilot in the game, you’re an entity who can create and perfectly orchestrate an infinite number of nameless alts. Using a virtual machine you can roll alpha characters over and over and get a remote rep cruiser that can remote-rep for a minute before capping out, while also having enough EHP to not get insta popped. Or you can have another omega account and do it without the VM.

How long does it take to get cruiser 3, a cap booster and some remote repairers and an armour plate? Not long. And it costs less than ship insurance to do it and save your billion-isk Tengu.

1 Like

Great point, let’s see how “not applicable” it is.

Doing the math (fairly) I come up with 22%. Can you show me how the risk ~vs~ reward plays out here? Of course, the Loot Fairy® was not pleased with the gankers, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the victim in this case lost 213m ISK worth of ship.

If you spent more time reading posts and less chosing gifs you’d see i was for making ganking harder.

I think if ganking is done for specific purpsoes against specific people, or if it’s done to grab loot from people hauling far too much ISK with no tank… that’s fine.

But maybe the line needs to be drawn at: Profit can be made from almost any gank due to how cheap ganking ships are.

Like i said, changing Catalyst or Coercer might be the way forward and rework them into less 1-trick pony DPS ships so that you at least need a cruiser or BC to gank anything larger than a frigate

CCP needs to bring in a sect of Jove that are anti-ganking and give them all blinged-out Cockroaches! Purge all HS sinners!!!

Utter nonsense. If ganking was not intended mechanics, Concord response would be instant across all of highsec. The fact that not only is it not instant but it varies and becomes longer for lower levels of highsec is all the evidence one needs that PvP attacking is fully intended in highsec…as Concord only respond to PvP.

There’d be no point in having Concord if PvP in highsec was not intended.

1 Like

The problem is…people don’t just gank for profit, and it is absurd to use profit as a metric. Here’s a bunch of other reasons for ganking…

1. Getting rid of annoying bumpers.
  2. Asserting corp dominance in a region.
  3. Getting rid of that loot thief who steals the core when destroying stations

…and many more. All of these things require ganking. People are mistaken if they think that ganking is solely Ventures being blapped by Catalysts, or that it is always for profit.

It’s one thing asking for noobs or miners to be protected…but to remove ganking entirely from highsec would actually make a whole bunch of other ‘griefers’ totally invulnerable. And I doubt that’s a consequence anyone wants.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I (we) want. HS will survive, Eve WILL survive.