How To Handle 'PvE Only'

EVE needs to change the name to Some Of Some. Or at least I think it should be called SOS now. :laughing:

SoS has many uses…

I don’t think ganking should be removed. I just think trash fit destroyers doo too much damage given how cheap they are.

The same destroyers aren’t really useful for anything else… which kinda makes me think they could be positively reworked.

1 Like

Yes, it does. Usually a desperate plea for help.

You aren’t really understanding how little profit comes out of most ganks. The killmails are deceiving. If a guy ganks you with 20 accounts that’s 20 SUBSCRIPTIONS that dude has to pay.

I say all this to say that a nerf to destroyers would absolutely remove ganking as a viable profession and ENSURE that every remaining ganker does nothing but ACTUALLY grief (which I assure you not a single Eve player has TRULY experienced).

Has to pay?

Man, you’re funny…or delusional.

@ISD_Traindriver c’mon dude. Do you really need any more proof? What is this post achieving? Trolling, that’s what.

Please look at your own posts.

The trouble is that people see Catalysts sell for 4m ISK and think that is the cost. A well fitted T2 Catalyst is around 11.4m ISK. The cost of a clone soldier tag ( level -2 to 0 ), which covers possibly 3 ganks if you are lucky, is 30 - 60m ISK depending where you get them. Then on top of that there is a 90m ISK Concord fee. So the true cost of 3 or 4 ganks is 130m ISK or more…30 - 40m ISK per gank.

The profit on a 50 - 60m barge is not going to be huge. And only someone who didn’t care at all about costs or about security status would gank Ventures. Of course, accounts that are dedicated solely to -10 status ganking are not gonna have the tag, etc, costs, but even then a T1 Catalyst still costs more than most Ventures, especially the cheap Gaussian laser ones.

1 Like

Ganking is a choice. I like running Abyssals but there are so many other things we can do. Don’t get into a rut, you’ll stagnate.

“I don’t watch TV but you should take this show off the air cause I don’t like it” like wtf :joy::joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been in the ganker channel for months now and in all that time have never once seen a gankee subject to what the game rules would define as griefing. Scamming people to buy mining permits is not griefing…otherwise every single line of text in Jita Local would be griefing. Explaining to people that their miner fit was bad is not griefing. And the loss of the ship in the first place is just standard highsec piracy that has gone on for years.

I also often make donations to any newer players that get ganked…in which instance the real gank ‘victim’ is me and I don’t mind at all.

1 Like

OMG i forgot about mining permits. That always cracks me up.

You realize that there are vast hordes of people staging protests in the streets and writing petitions to the highest governmental offices to try to do that these days, right?

2 Likes

Q; How to Handle PvE only?

Become a Professional Miner!

I played a PvE multiplayer game today, with friendly fire always on. “Accidentals” (friendly fire death) are explicitly embraced by the developer already and even adopted as an end-of-game stat. It has less of a player base now than at launch, it is definitely dying. I think to retain newbies and appeal to the masses they should introduce formally a PVP element to the core gameplay, as otherwise you have to join specific games to get this kind of content, and restrict who joins because randoms don’t understand the emergent rules of engagement in todays “gentlemen agreement PVP mode”.

Otherwise the game is full of hell diving level 50 vets and people that play a session or two and then quit out of boredom.

People in the game also grief like nuking their team repeatedly and jetpacking to safety and respawning the team to nuke them again. If PVP were enabled then players would be rewarded for their revenge. Would definitely enrich the game to add PVP to this PVE only game. Heck the whole genre!

1 Like

Funny how you’re just proving my point by wholly avoiding the point I was making because you know it makes any take you have on the subject completely invalid

1 Like

I played a very violent pvp game today Io. And let me tell you, I was so upset when I lost everything.

Why the ■■■■ does all your crops die at the start of a new season in Stardew Valley. It’s effing nonsense that I have to keep replanting ■■■■ over and over and over again.

This game would be so much better if they removed the toxic end of season death cycle.

2 Likes

Talking about the boomers? Yea they’re a pretty sad bunch.

No, most of cancel culture is gen-x/millennials.