Hull Repairer Need considration

So how does the crew survive the high Gs?
If you say they are in pods or something like the capsuleer, then I call BS on needing them.

That’s what nanobots and automation are for.

AG is a thing after all.

Then why bother with pods or Capsuleers at all?
Seems redundant.

as much as i like the prospect of hull tank there’s a few points that justify why its not meant to be a completely fleshed out doctrine:

1. Hull tank has omniresist compared to armor and shield

2. the penalties to buffer tanking hull are mostly minimal for most purposes (cargo space and a lesser reduction in agility compared to signature radius for shield or speed for armor due to higher mass)

3. buffer mods and rigs for hull give way more hitpoints than for shield and armor

4. hull reppers consume less capacitor and powergrid than armor reppers while being a bit more CPU intensive and way more less consuming than shield boosters.

Hull is the last line of defense of a ship, reinforcing it for combat can only be pulled on Gallente hulls and related vessels like Serpentis (a vestige from old times before they were put in an armor focus, i think). a ship with such amount of lows and base hitpoints can get a good amount of survivability for certain situations but this is to compensate that its fighting on the last layer of defense.

they arent meant to repair that wall of hp, only to be able to outlast their oponents before getting blown up. there’s no hull hardeners (there’s something akin for capital ships but not for subcaps), which makes active thanking with hull impossible.

the amount of resistances obtained from a Damage Control are better than what an Adaptative Nanoplating or Adaptive Invulnerability Field provide. to compensate this hulll reppers have a long cycle and a lower hull repair amount.

remote hull reppers and hull repping drones suffer this handicap too. if they were in any way close to armor repairers in terms of repping amount or cycle time they would prove problematic for PvP, specially at the bigger scales due to the way active and passive hull mods are distributed (hull reppers use mids while bulkheads and DCU use lows, easy to exploit for certain hulls, and specially Gallentean ones).

i would really love to see active tanked hull doctrines but it seems that cant be a possibility because it could break the balance of the game to a degree.

however, perhaps the new Mutaplasmids could alleviate the situation to a degree, time will tell if it can be done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.