Hull Repairer Need considration

first try again you can get above 60%

you get Omni resists and you get it with ONE module that is what breaks it for active tanking.

If only armor plates did not take up an ungodly large amount of mysterious power grid…

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but structure tanks do not suffer mobility or sig radius penalties either right? They should never be on par with shield or armour tanks. The current buffered hull tanks you can get on gal ships is good enough.

What a nice coincidence, I was about to make a thread about Hull Repairers in order to not forget an idea I had long ago.

What about making Hull Repairers, Local or Remote, repair a small amount of Heat Damage.

This fits lore-wise, and it would give a specific signature to Hull-tanking as an active-tank method that would allow you a more offensive, durable playstyle. Where Shields get auto-regen, and Armor get… something? Hull-tanking would get that. Plus it opens some tactical space with Remotely repairing Heat damage.

1 Like

I think people don’t understand how powerful hull tanking actually is when done properly. I’ve always done more missions than PVP, and even in such a sustained fight it’s not a big deal for me if I forget to turn on my armor reps and just hull tank missions.

If hull tanking were to be balanced around active, then the buffer tanking would need to be nerfed because it’s already so powerful. I would not be in favor of that.

However, I have mixed feelings about faster recovery between fights. On the one hand, being time limited to so few engagements because you spend so much of your daily play time twiddling thumbs repping hull is boring. On the other hand, being especially vulnerable to retaliation between fights is interesting.

So, what should the time to rep be for a hull tank?

I would probably not have an issue with a module that when fitted slowly recovers a bit of the lowest needed repair item when not in combat…

yeah i was beginning to think shield tanking needed yet another nerf, there’s just to many shield fleets out there these days.

yeah but us pod gods ain’t like your normal captain. quite frankly we don’t give a damn about what little crew we have (frigs and even some DD don’t even have any). ■■■■ they are so expendable we don’t even calculate their pay into ship costs. It would be like you caring about the little microbes in your body.

Except in larger ships they’re also responsible for weapons system maintenance c: Nothing like your weapons not reloading because you vented atmosphere one too many times.

1 Like

yeah and that bacteria in your gut helps out a lot too but i bet you don’t give a second thought to them throughout the day. like i said they are expendable the life of any mortal mean absolutely nothing to a god

Right up until your ship stops functioning aside from anything you can directly control entirely via the capsule. You do grasp the understanding that whether or not the ship is flown by a capsuleer, if it’s big enough, it’s going to require crew to maintain it and keep things in working order? Weapon systems? Kept running by crew members. Drone systems? Same thing. The game strongly simplifies it from our perspective down to “press butan, get bacon” pretty much, but there IS a substantial amount of crew on larger ships. Quite possibly in the millions for Capital ships.

1 Like

Can you give a single example of a time in the games history that’s happened? Because i can’t.

There is a reason no one in eve has thought “i shouldn’t hull tank it may kill my crew”

#crewlivesmatter ? :smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind making them stronger, in fact, I wouldn’t mind them being semi-combat viable. Maybe give them a large boost in HP (made even better by heat), but equally massive cap use, large amounts of heat damage and slow cycle times. You’d just have to make sure they don’t ever get better in terms of EHP repaired over time than shield/armor.

1 Like

No, we dont need active combat hull repping. Brutix navy, navy mega and navy domi would be even more rediculous and boring to fight.

Yes i enjoy sitting for 5min trying to chew through a 180k EHP hull tanked battlecruiser. Its the most boring meta in the game and i prefer to just ignore/not engage them if i see them. They dont need a way to get an active hull tank on top of it.

Fair enough. However, I would argue that a ship with one of these modules would rarely be better than one without, so it wouldn’t really break anything. Let’s take a Brutix for example. You have 4 mids. Most likely you’re going to use 3 of them for a prop mod, scram and web, leaving you with a single mid left. What do you spend it on? Maybe a cap booster to keep your guns and a nuet running, or a second web so you can apply better, or a MJD to get you out when people are kiting beyond blaster range, or do you spend it on a module that will badly hurt your cap and help you last a little longer.

The most valid use would probably be to bait tank ships that are traditionally shield tanked, since you have the mids for tackle, cap and the reps.

2 Likes

In gangs/baiting, you could easily drop the web for the rep. With an interdiction link you could slap a cal navy or domination scram on and youd have a 13-15km scram cold. Then mwd, cap booster and hull rep. Would be a pain to neut out as it still has a cap booster, is still somewhat mobile with mwd and still has 180k EHP and now a rep.

You could just throw it at anything trying to brawl and there is nothing that could kill it before their gang warped in to kill you. Short of 100mn t3s, or bhaals, it would be hard to escape through neuting or burning out of its scram range, as he could still activate his mwd to bring you back into range before you escaped his.

1 Like

I could swear that the whole reason for the capsuleer being in the pod was to survive the extreem Gs and improve the response time of ships linking every system to the capsuleer…

Thus meaning, one captain no crew needed.

Part of the lore.

Whether or not piloted by a capsuleer, ships of the larger hull classes will still have crew. It wont have as many as a non-capsuleer ship, but it does still have them. Yes, that’s the reason for the pod, but even though you’re operating the systems via pod, are you able to go out and maintain them? Take repairing a burnt out module for example, you give the command to repair it, but who actually does the repairs? Same with reloading weapons and such. You give the command, but who actually carries it out?

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=New_Eden_Crew_Guidelines Is an interesting bit of facts.

1 Like

Interesting. I hadn’t thought of a concept like that but I can appreciate the point.

Something that may be kind of fun, and halfway between combat and non-combat reps, would be to give hull reps decent cap usage and decent repping power, but make it so that when you activate the module, your hull resists go to 0%.

no the repairs on modules are 100% automated