Human Rights Violation

If “having fun in a space pixel game” isn’t enough reason, how about “killing a violator of the CODE. in order to encourage players to buy more mining permits”? Sometimes you have to invest a little ISK to make more ISK.

Pixels schmixels. It isn’t enough reason when the EULA forbids having fun at someone else’ expense - unless, you can make a buck out of it yourself.

All right. If that is the role you are playing, how does killing a freighter encourage anyone to buy a mining permit? Where’s the connection?

Otherwise, what’s the business case involved here, if it’s not just piracy? Which also gets back to my original point. Why do you think there is a higher ideal than farming isk involved here?

It is an extremely silly idea that the EULA forbids having fun at someone else’ expense. If everyone who was ever wardecced filed a petition for not enjoying the experience there would be no EVE left.
CCP has determined that ganking is not griefing. If it was, they could simply have made it impossible to fire at someone in highsec without a wardec. Instead they went to the trouble of programming a complex system of Concord and criminal timers (and tuned that system over the years), thereby clearly endorsing involuntary PvP engagements.

Griefing is against the EULA and for sound reasons CCP reserves the right to solely determine what constitutes griefing. There has been ample discussion and GM involvement on CODE. alliance and the current incarnation of the mining permit, and the continued presence of CODE. alliance proves that it is within acceptable parameters for CCP.

As to why a mining permit is required to fly a freighter in highsec, the best place to learn is http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html.

And finally my active participation in the ganking community over the years had taught me that making ISK is not the primary motivation - or even a concern at all - for most participants.

2 Likes

A document that does not mention the word freighter. Or hauler.

So, again, why do you think ganking them is tied to mining permits?

Is that true? Do you have evidence, and that you can publish, that shows the ganking of freighters - or any other non-mining vessel - in order to extract mining permits, has been deemed “within acceptable parameters” by CCP?

(And no, some pseudo-legal babble published on minerbumping.com does not count.)

I would say the evidence that it is acceptable to CCP lies on the killboard for all to see…

1 Like

Continue your education on the blog part of the www.minerbumping.com. As a certified CODE. agent I know freighter pilots should obey the CODE, including the possession of a valid mining permits, or suffer the consequences of on-site mining permit inspections.

Exactly this.

Noooo … you are both missing the point. The ganking of any vessel is of course accepted practice (including by CCP) because it is piracy. And piracy is effectively for the purpose of gaining (or somehow indirectly protecting) isk.

Not only is there no connection between the ganking of freighters and mining permits, there doesn’t need to be !

Which is why, given the statement by “NotThe SmartestCookie” :

… I asked the question (especially given it is also their role play) as to what they think the connection between freighters and mining permits is.

Getting an answer to “go read a blog” does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Anyway. I have had no answer so far and don’t expect one now. Thanks for the chat though. Out.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

On the excellent weblog www.minerbumping.com the Supreme Protector of HighSec James 315 convincingly makes the case why CODE compliance is required from freighter pilots. You refuse to take my word for it, but also refuse to go to the original source and look it up for yourself.

As a wise philosopher said: engage the Gallents with dialectic, the Goofuses with rhetoric and the non-compliant with small blasters.

1 Like

Rich stuff from an indoctrinated cult member ( and yes Code is clearly defined as a Cult ).

From your own lips; “small blasters” are needed for your level of rhetoric, turn your ships guns inwards and squeeze the pretty red button. ( a voice in your head says James315 commands it ).

:rocket::boom::dash:

You are not even trying anymore. Housebroken by the forum bans?

+1 for team ISD.

2 Likes

Sad when people are triggered by their own rhetoric. But sads is what you get when joining a suicide ganking cult.

These should be simple things to comprehend when joining. Now you are indoctrinated I know common sense seems difficult. You can be deprogrammed from James315 speak and have a life. There is hope.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Why should anyone stop doing what they like doing @Nitshe_Razvedka?

That explains why you’re still around antigankers, you’re unable to ascend like most of us did :sweat_smile:

capturing this post before you edit or delete :roll_eyes:

Why for? Did I touch a sensible part of your imagination? :joy:

Lol NOL is where randoms go to gank

It’s no achievement to get in tbh

TCE on the other hand…

I am a recruiter for New Order Logistics and I would even let you in. I let anyone in.
So everyone interested in ganking, go out and gank a vent, show support in your bio, apply to NOL and I will send you an invite.

1 Like

lol, the toxic attitude of AG remains one of the best recruiting tools for CODE.

1 Like

Slow to the party - Im not an AG.

Dryson says so. Says I’m a Codie spai in the AG channel!!! True - Dom has his ALT’s there to read our banter. He can vouch. Dom loves to scrap-book everything I do.

Think he has a man crush on me.

:grinning::grinning::crazy_face: