Today you will begin seeing changes from our next update “Hunter’s Boon” appear on Singularity, and further changes and updates will roll out daily for the next two weeks.
This update is focused on following up on several of our recent updates with adjustments based largely on your feedback. This update is still in development so expect regular changes over the coming weeks. Here are some of the larger components we plan to include:
- Adding a covert cyno beacon deployable:
The mobile cyno beacon has been a success and we want to expand on the concept by adding a covert version. This one will come with a larger price tag but allows hunters to drop a covert cyno without needing a covert hunting ship. We hope this is an exciting tool for hunters. Tuning will definitely be necessary on activation time and ehp to get this in the ideal place.
- Adding a booster to extend the stabilized period after cloaking:
Overall we’re very happy with the effect that mobile observatories have had on AFK cloaking and cloaking in general but we know that for certain ops a longer hidden duration would be very beneficial so we’re adding this booster as an option for those purposes. The price will be high to ensure that any observatory costs from defenders are more than equaled by immunity from cloaking attackers.
- Removing strategic cruiser skill loss:
We love the idea of skill loss as an ultimate penalty in the game but don’t think this isolated one-off implementation on this single ship is the right place. It has been a long discussed topic in the community, and we’ve decided to finally remove the skill loss from T3 cruisers.
- Scan resolution penalty reduction for fleet interceptors:
This is an obvious improvement for the nullification release that has been consistently requested
- Balance adjustments for the Pacifier and Enforcer:
Updates here would have perhaps fit much better into our last release ‘Enter the Portal’ but for time purposes we postponed them until our next release (this one!).
Again more details will emerge over the next weeks, so please keep checking on Singularity and providing feedback on them. We appreciate all your help in tuning the last several patches and look forward to your input on the above changes!
- 25-06 - T3C Skill Loss Removal is now implemented into Singularity.
- 25-06 - The new hardened cloak booster now has a blueprint, materials and distribution are not yet final numbers.
- 25-06 - Interceptor role bonus changes are now included (added an 80% reduction in the scan resolution penalty from nullifiers)
- 28-06 - First balance changes for Pacifier and Enforcer ships
- 28-06 - Update to Covert Cyno beacon industry requirements, and skill to anchor.
- 02-07 - Changes to Bastion Module
- 02-07 - Adding more CPU for the Pacifier.