"Hunter's Boon" update on Singularity

Hey, the SP loss thing was a long time coming since the T3 rebalance. Nice to finally see it, same for the scan res buff. For the rest…

Alright, I will do my best to be civil -

Can we stop tiptoing around the elephant in the room trying to move furniture about so that it can squeeze in, then telling everyone “Hey – it fits!” while bumping into its tusks each time we open the fridge?

Because you appear to be looking into covops gameplay recently, is there any plan to address the issues of immediately available intel that allow both the hunter and the target to immediately be aware of each other? Namely, the following:

• ESS allows to-a-tick awareness of the system a potential target is operating from any area of space

• Local immediately verifies the target’s presence to the hunter

• Local immediately warns target of the hunter’s arrival

Push hunting towards prolonged stakeouts. Band-aid fixes like observatories and their relevant boosters are like moving the fridge and saying that the problem is solved, but now you need to climb the trunk to brush your teeth because the sink is on the head of the Elephant.

2 Likes

Thank you for removing the skill loss after losing a T3C.
That’s very much welcomed for their performance now…
Thank you again.

1 Like

WTH? It better take as long to train as cyno to 5, or its just a way of using rookie ships to drop cyno’s.

Looking at the number of REGIONS who are no longer permanently camped by one twit with 100 alts, it could be said that almost everyone is happy that CCP pulled their fingers out of their damn ears and actually did something.

Oh hell no. Not unless the cost of the ship goes up by a few hundred million ISK.

Still waiting on weapons timers for interdictor probes. ECM is as threatening as wet noodles and fillaments are still letting people avoid PvP as much as they create it.

@CCP_Paradox will the covert beacon be d-scannable whilst deploying and afterwards?

1 Like

Cyno V and Anchoring V. It’s quite skill intensive. And 400m3.

Thanks for getting the skill loss on T3C issue resolved. This has been a major ask from a variety of players, including wormholers and nullsec fleet pilots, and given the consistent nerfs and changes to T3Cs, the extra skill loss penalty has not made sense in a long time. I’m always happy to see you guys listening to players and making popular changes that make sense.

19 Likes

nvm, answered this question via twitter : CCP Paradox / Scott on Twitter: “@Starmiz_ For the duration of the booster, each time you activate your cloak to receive the buff it will be 200% longer - numbers still TBC in testing. Yes the biology skill changes booster time, but not the buff time (basically gives you more use out of 1 booster).”

1 Like

ESS has been a great change that has lead to actual content. If anything, it should be pushed into lowsec and hisec.

If you want space without local, move into a wormhole. Players made it pretty clear during blackout that they don’t want to play without local.

The fix isn’t to make space more dangerous, it is to increase the rewards so players have a reason to undock. Right now, ratting is so abysmal that it just isn’t worth it. Fix that and there will be plenty of targets.

6 Likes

Nah, you’re just splitting hairs. This is the consistent style of CCP ; spoiling existing well organized mechanics then fiddle with other area of the game to fix “broken” mechanics.
(i.g. You added a excavator drones and panic to the rorqual, which caused huge inflation within the game economy. You had only to remove them to normalize the economy though, adovocated ridiculous “resource distribution update” and spoiled all the industries in every single area. Don’t forget that you yet haven’t done anything else about “redistribution” and it’s been more than a year since the first “update”)

You simply didn’t have to add those nulifications abilities to the ships other than T3CL or Interceptors. T3CL and Ceptors were sacrificed to this obvious mistake, same as highsec miners for the nullsec spodbrain rorquals.
You brought that change to the TQ without enough feedback despite the large numbers of dissenting opinions. You even didn’t seed the blueprints into the game beforehand. It looked you were to make fait accompli. Your attitudes in the recent two years leads you not to be trusted in.

By the way what is your suit paradox ? It looks pretty nice but haven’t seen that one in the TQ yet.

2 Likes

It’s not about getting the targets to undock - they undock plenty.

It’s about encouraging them not to dock up when a hostile is anywhere close by.

2 Likes

Please give enforcer drones for its…massively featured drone bay

I dont usually post here, but im very concerned about this update that “benefits” hunters. As a hunter, let me explain what I mean.

1: Beacons: These will NOT be useable with blue scouts, as it shows who anchors them when you show info on them / kill them. This is a great way to get your toons instantly kicked.
2: Cloak Booster. I understand why. But you are bandaid fixing a broken mechanic. The cloak timers are dumb. AFK Cloaky camping needed a different fix that wouldnt annoy the living crap out of content creators.
3: SP loss. Yeah, a change I can get behind. However, T3 are not used much outside of WH’s anymore. Even a crystal pimp Tengu cant tank Marauders. No one hunts with these anymore, so its just a simple buff for everyone.
4: Scan res: Yeah, good quality of life change.
5: Enforcer and Pacifier should never become too powerful. Them being trash is fine for their low SP requirements. The marshal is the perfect example of an absurdly overtuned ship, that outclasses all other ships in its class by miles. Lets not make a habit outta it.

None of these changes will significantly impact hunting, or rather change how absurdly safe PvE is in this game.

2 Likes

ftfy.

Given that you can already use a venture to light an industrial cyno for black ops, i wouldn’t worry about people flying around in rookie ships dropping a covert cyno deployable.

Really what this allows is for hunters to spread out in ships like assault frigates, t3ds, and the like (depending on volume) and then bring in reinforcements if they find something hunt worthy. it actually opens up hunter duties to all players and not just people willing and able to fly dedicated covops cyno ships. which hopefully means an increase in #content

Mobile Covert Cyno means you can drop one of those and jump your entire covop fleet on someone while having a way out, rather than requiring someone to be on ‘cyno out’ duty. This is pretty nice, especially now that the bridge itself can jump together with the group.

1 Like

Tall me, what is the reason of t2cruesers for exist? Ok. Now you don’t lose skill points, but this just drops value of t3c from elitist ops for casual cruiser. And you can choose better flexible ship for lower price. But the problem is that hulls of t2 and t3c cost the similar price. And your choice is obvious now.

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Can the imp and whiptail get their bubble immunity back yet :slight_smile: many of us worked many hours to be able to fly that ship, and are unable too currently :))) First class-related thing you guys have actually extended to the uniques - the rest of the buffs the classes got, the uniques were forgotten, but when a nerf finally hits, they remember them - thinking face :stuck_out_tongue:
_casp

1 Like

Why the cloaky booster? The observatory was to stop afk cloaking. Now we will sell a booster to bring into the game a new thing called “AFK Cloaky Camping.” Brilliant! At least they are still requiring level 5 skills for something. The reduction from 5 to 4 on so many skills was a poor choice for the game long term.

The observatory was to stop afk cloaking. Now we will sell a booster to bring into the game a new thing called “AFK Cloaky Camping.” Brilliant

yeah an expensive booster that increases your immunity time from 15min to 45min is going to be super popular with the campers, they wont use this unless it is way cheaper than ccp is implying

they say they want it to be more expensive than the observatories and they are around 60mil now
that adds up fast if you are afk camping multiple systems

1 Like

I don’t think it is the right approach to remove skill loss penalty for T3 Cruisers, because it needs to be risk vs rewards. If you intend to remove the skill loss, what are you going to replace the loss with? It would have to be equivalent or better. If I recall correctly CCP you guys mentioned that you are trying to make the game better on the theory of risk vs rewards.