HyperNet Relay is a bad game and i think i know how to fix it

Which is why they allow players to hide the Hypernet from their accounts entirely, right At no point do any players buy the raffles with real money.

Only the person setting up the raffle must use a microtransaction by purchasing the Hypercores. The player playing the raffles do not. They can only play with isk.

CCP offers a way for players who don’t want to participate to avoid participating. Players blame that option as “evidence”. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Well yes, they are a business. That is kinda how they make money.

And these players have the option to ask CCP to remove their accounts’ ability to access the Hypernet of it gets out of hand.

“why is there no way to opt out of playing a video game when playing the video game” asks the moron. Are you serious? Are you actually asking those questions right now?

Yeah, I’m done with you. It’s no wonder CCP devs never actually pay attention to the official forums and spend their time on r/eve when you have idiots like this.

1 Like
  • insert snarky one-liner*
3 Likes

Not sure about that.
I mean, there are clients for this activity. Not going in it is a way to let other 3rd party gain money on CCP work. And I am talking about RMT money.

Officially they banned RMT organizations and prevented gambling as it leads to RMT. Therefore the only way to make gambling without RMT is to make it completely managed by CCP.

Remember that gambling sites that are not under CCP monitoring can rig the result in order to give people RMT items under the false term of gamble.

When you claim CCP did that for the sole reason of abusing players, you are delusional.

Then you are delusional.

No you don’t.

You mean, when you take the time to answer what I already said before instead of just skipping it like I had not said it ?

Cause ATM you are the one doing it. I told you CCP had other reasons to implement hypernet, and you keep claiming “it’s the sole reason”.

When you just ignore the arguments that don’t go along your opinion, you are delusional.
CCP had other good reasons to implement the hypernet but “abuse players”.

Then you just missed my point.
Yes knowing why something was banned is relevant to why it was implemented the way it is. Typically to acknowledge what the implementation had to avoid -.- .

Also I answered this because you were the one claiming CCP banned gambling sites because they were gambling. CCP officially banned them for RMT.

Lol. The game can be used for RMT. so What ? Gambling as it was done before was an obvious source of RMT.

Officially it was.

No, I told you there was a market, and when CCP did not fill that market, other 3rd party did it. With RMT added. Just because they banned people, do you think that means there was no more gambling in the game ? When you forbid something and there is a market, all it does is make this in black market, so even more money you can’t regulate.

That’s a different thing. I agree that CCP could have done it freely. But still it’s not an argument about why they implemented hypernet.

hey , i just want to make our odds better , even a no player interaction , put the item the game does the rest , that pay 95% cash back , 5% takers fee like in the original post would do it

edit: put the item , number of tickets , game puts jita price , make it live
wen someone win , he have to pay 5% tax ( isk sink ) to take the item
kinda like the market , but for gamblers
more fair

Just use the market then.

@Scoots_Choco
yeah but i like to gamble

Then use the Hypernet and stop complaining about the prices

@Scoots_Choco i beg your pardon but i can do both

1 Like

if you play 6 times with 1/6 chance and 1/6 the price in the long rum is the same thing as playing one time at 6/6 chance and full price
the problem is to play 4 times at 1/6 chance and pay full price for that
so reducing the taxes over the loto to a max o 5% make the game fun and kinda fair
you will loose everything at the end like playing bank all the time on baccarat in a cassino(very fair game) , but will be fun and you’re paying for a fair chance to be lucky , its not that hard

edit: being fun and fair people will do it a lot , and that 5% tax will sink aaaa lot of ISK

edit2: 5% takers fee paid by the winner

tutucox Khamsi, you liked it when it was completely player driven, not CCP.

I also think it was better than CCP doing it.

The solution is for CCP to remove it from game and allow players to do it again.

Simple! :sunglasses:

@Nana_Skalski
i like that to :stuck_out_tongue:

No it was not a solution. The problem was still here : people want to gamble, and without an official mechanism for that it is open to RMT.

NO.
Because the generation of the winning ticket is made by CCP you can be sure the game is not rigged in favor of one specific RMT client.

And the reason to forbid gambling in the EULA at the same time.

irrelevant. They are anwsering a demand, that’s a good enough reason to add hypernet. I told you already, stop asking a question I just answered you.

source ?

It is not. Your claim was that CCP had no other reason, your claim about the way they did it is irrelevant.

Irrelevant. I don’t even read it, it’s just useless whining.

“Gambling the full cost in value before winning the item is not the same as paying full price for it off the market where you have a guarantee to obtain the item for the cost. Once you have lost more than the item is worth you already failed to gamble for it at any benefit to yourself.”

ok but if you play heads and tails with god for eternity , one dollar a pop , you will not go bankrupt

“You can’t limit the prices of the nodes or the amount of nodes other players will buy so it is never going to be a completely fair game, you choose your odds of winning by increasing the amount of loss you risk. Better odds of winning doesn’t mean less risk or loss, you always have a chance to lose you can only control how much you risk losing and the more you lose the less you have to gain by actually winning in the end.”

thats variance
not what im talking about

edit: volatility sry, more or less variance is the result of more or less volatility ,this is player preference , but thats not what i was talking about , im talking about the %return rate on your isk

CCP won’t give a sxxt about “fixing” HyperNet. Why? Because they want it for a cash grab, nothing else. And from my point of view, this thing plays its role just as CCP wanted.

1 Like