Hypernet Revision [ Extensions ]

Many of us have been on the end of losing our ISK due to our offers Expiring. Imagine a world where we didn’t have to worry about a 3 Day Timer on all of our offers. Instead we could choose to pay more to set one up for 7 Days or even 30 Days.

I propose we do something along the lines readjusting the values of the Taxes and HyperCore costs.

Offer Length - Tax % - HyperCore % (roughly)
1 Day - 1% - 1%
3 Day - 3% - 3%
7 Day - 5% - 5%
14 Day - 7.5% - 7.5%
30 Day - 10% - 10%

Extensions
1 Day - Hyper Cores - 3%
3 Day - Hyper Cores - 5%
7 Day - Hyper Cores 7.5%

These are just Suggested %'s
We don’t have to ever have 30 Day Offers.

This would offer more chances to sink Plex/ISK in the HyperNet Market - I also think it could help along with some of the spam as well since you’ll have less people fighting to get their offer completed in a 3 Day time Frame. The Extensions would also help Sink PLEX/ISK in the since people who fail to complete their offers, could spend more money to bring their offers back from the brink of Expiration.

Please, no.

Hypernet is bad.

Instead, they should be removed from local.

2 Likes

Virtually all of us has seen hypernet spam overwhelm public channels. Imagine a world where the local chat at trade hubs didn’t look like a spam email inbox, with warranty scams and advertisements for dubious medical supplements haphazardly replaced with EVE lingo.
Seriously, can we just get an option to automatically block any message with a hypernet link? Only a small number of people appear be responsible for the vast majority of hypernet transactions, so that would allow them to keep doing their thing (whether it’s healthy or not) while the rest of the game can actually use local chat channels like normal.

While I rarely use the Hypernet I don’t think this is a bad idea. A longer duration for a higher cost seems good to me.

One possible downside I can see for the people on the other side of the hypernet -the people buying the tickets- is that currently you know you win the item or you get your money back within the short time limit. With extensions this means that people buying tickets may not see an item or their money back for up to a month.

This change seems to mostly help the hypernet sellers, at the cost of hypernet buyers.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. We could do without any extension, just longer initial durations. Not sure a good balance tbh. I just figured to put it all out there and see proper feedback.

Before Hypernet, There were Margin Trading Scams, Before that there were other things. Throughout the Years Local Chat in the Trade Hubs has always been a cesspool of out Advertising.

I would much rather see Hypernet In Local than Scam Contracts, admitting that I am a Scammer, I am happy to see certain scams and tricks taken out of the game.

Unfortunately thought HyperNet is here to stay as an in-game alternative to the origin of Somer Blink. Where CCP is the head of the Isk Sink instead of people who will RMT.

1 Like

this is one of my concerns, also it could flood the hypernet with open offers

i think it would be a great option to have a longer duration based on the item value,
many things is impossible to sell more than 50% of the tickets within 3 days. so seller have to buy 50% which cuts into profits (others consider that a scam, but its actually just bad for the seller to buy nodes, why risk a loss if you can just 50% profit without risk!?)
So you either buy nodes to avoid expiration, lose when you lose the item, or you run losses due to broker fees and expired items. Isk sink on all sides.

Is there any other interest in this idea?

I never really used hypernet much until this weekend and even then I can see problems with it.

3 days is the first problem because if its an expensive item, it requires a lot of spamming to get interest and even then there is no guarantee that the hyperlink will be completed. This is why I feel that the duration of the hyperlinks should be extended to 7 day’s, any longer and as previously said it would flood them.

The second problem is the purchasing of hypernodes by the current in game owner of the item who setup the hyperlink lottery or an obvious alt. I understand that this is done to increase the chance of the hyperlink being completed but to some players its an obvious scam where they not only get the item back but also the isk of the players who took part in it.

The third problem is the use of recycled alts to bypass the blocking when spamming their hyperlink around in not only local but public trade channels such as the blueprints and also the minerals channel.

What I’d personally like to see happen with them is that there is an option to chose up to 7 days for the hyperlink to be running with the tax changes you mentioned in the first post. Also, more options in the searching of hyperlinks so that I can see newly added hyperlinks, hyperlinks that are about to finish and the ability to avoid looking at hyperlinks for people in my block list. Lastly, I wouldn’t mind seeing a change on the age of the character who can setup a hyperlink to cut down on the use of people recycling alts to bypass others from blocking them, 3 months+ should do it. I know thats a bit harsh on new players but with people recycling alts like they are doing, a method of delaying them would be good to slow down their ability to do so.

I see this misconception way too often.

Please explain how it is a scam when a person is buying their own tickets, paying the exact same amount as you would be if you were to buy that ticket, gaining the same chance at winning the exact same item as you would have when you buy the exact same ticket.

Either the price of the ticket is a scam or it isn’t. But they’re paying the same amount to buy (back) a ticket that they’re selling for.

The only way this can be part of a scam is if the ticket price is way overpriced, but the scam in that case isn’t that they’re buying their own tickets, the scam is that they’re selling the tickets way overpriced.

Yes, it’s kind of obvious when people buy their own tickets with alts, which is an indication you should make sure the price of the tickets isn’t too high before you buy one of those tickets. It’s not a scam though.

2 Likes

The second problem is the purchasing of hypernodes by the current in game owner of the item who setup the hyperlink lottery or an obvious alt. I understand that this is done to increase the chance of the hyperlink being completed but to some players its an obvious scam where they not only get the item back but also the isk of the players who took part in it.

So this actually is worse to do for the seller as they could easily make 30% profit off everything, instead they’re gambling all the time and reducing their long term profit, for short term gains. If they buy 50% they have a 50% chance to spend more and 33% of the ship value ( if set up standard). So if they have a run of bad luck they can lose about 2.4b per marshal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.