I don't understand the difference between Amarr T3 destroyer and the others

Only T3 destroyer with 4 weapons instead of 5. Also has the highest speed, while the Svipul is second.
Usually it’s the Minmatar the fastest with the Gallente. Can someone explain this weird stuff to me ?

2 Likes

While that’s a fair appraisal, I’ll suggest that all four T3 dessies are relatively balanced in other ways. One way to look at it is this - since an Amarr energy weapon consumes cap, less is more, right?

I just don’t have the time to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the four in any greater detail than this right now, but I’ll suggest that the Confessor is highly regarded and widely used. It’s even possible that it’s the most widely deployed of the four, and I prefer it personally for many applications. I’m sure I’m not the only one. I’ve utilized all four, and I don’t think that any are notably out of balance in any significant way with the rest.

With regard to “racial norms”, the only norms are that there are “trends”, but no reliable norms. Even the Gallente, for instance, have a couple of missile ships.

@Isha_Hanaya It has to do with the Ship Bonuses:

Amarr T3 Destroyer:

• 5% bonus to Small Energy Turret damage
  • 10% reduction in Small Energy Turret activation cost
  • 5% reduction in module heat damage amount taken
    Misc bonus: 33% bonus to Small Energy Turret

Caldari T3 Destroyer:

• 3% bonus to Light Missile launcher and Rocket launcher rate of fire.
  • 15% reduction in missile launcher reload time.
    Misc bonus: 33% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket damage

Gallente T3 Destroyer:

• 3% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret rate of fire
  • 7.5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed
    Misc bonus: 33% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage

Minmatar T3 Destroyer:

• 5% bonus to Small Projectile Turret damage
  • 10% bonus to Small Projectile Turret optimal range
    Misc bonus: 33% bonus to Small Projectile Turret damage

Both the Amarr and Minmatar T3 Destroyers have 5% (per level) bonus to Turret damage along side the Misc bonus but only have 4 turret slots. If you have max skill then those 4 Turrets actually equals to 5 without the bonus, like Gallente and Caldari T3 destroyers have.

1 Like

Because they can.

But 3% Rate of Fire is also a damage-related bonus, and if you recalculate considering the difference between 5% damage bonus and 3% ROF bonus, it’s no longer “equal”.

The svipul has a launcher hardpoint too, so it can fit a missile launcher for attack or defense (destroyer can fit defense missiles) so the svipul is still above the Confessor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.