I like my corp but hate my alliance what should i do

I love. the corp i am in and they have helped me to do end but then my corp joined an alliance who only cares about the money that it can get from us then about what we need but. my corp doesn’t want to leave the alliance because we need the protection of a big alliance. what should i do ??

I’d do research on other alliances your corp can join. You don’t have to speak officially on behalf of your corp if you’re not “authorized” to do so, but if you can present your leadership with researched and pre-approved options on a silver platter, they will be more amenable to switching alliances.

3 Likes

Reading what you wrote, I’m guessing that your corp. is possibly renting space in which case the alliance will be interested in the isk it receives from your corp. That would be the same with any of the alliances that rent space.

Some more details in the op might make it easier to answer. But really you should be discussing this within your corp. rather than on the EVE general forum.

Destiny is typing… ugh… this will be “good”… :roll_eyes:
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I know this is going to sound like a mean personal attack, but it isn’t (look deep to find meaning in these words): your corporation doesn’t need the protection of a big alliance - it needs its members to stop acting like pussies.

The logical conclusion of such introspection is amazingly easy to grasp, but so few ever attempt to do it. You know how the predators seem scary and no one really wants to mess with them? Why do you think that is?

Read The Time Machine by H. G. Wells. It will help you understand.

4 Likes

i would keep the friends but leave the corp
dont like big alliances telling me what to do

1 Like

That’s right. @tutucox_Khamsi only takes orders from me.

1 Like

yeah but only wen you are with that special costume and that special fragrance :heart: :hotsprings:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I like my state but I hate paying taxes to the federal government without which China or maybe Canada would come in and enslave us all.

Also love water but hate plumbing.

1 Like

This happens a lot.

What you should do is support your corp, but at the same time refuse to accept the culture and control of the alliance. If your corp is a good one you will get through it as a group.

1 Like

:red_circle: Ignore what the alliance does for the most part, only join alliance ops that your corp (or you) think are worth the while and do things with your corp. That is how I operate in my alliance. I like it, it can be a fun and hilarious place to be, but for the most part I don’t enjoy the ops they run. Most of the time I do something else with a group from my corp and every now and then I join an alliance op that I think is important or fun.

2 Likes

Since you posted that you dislike your alliance in the forums with the char in the alliance maybe they will impose stricter taxes on your corp now. Resulting KOS, getting your wish and get booted.

1 Like

well. thx for all the helpfull advice and tbh if they boot my for this idc i’ll just join one of the alliances attacking them

2 Likes

Don’t hang about being unhappy in your corp. Find another one. But, like tutu said, keep the friends on your contact/buddy list

1 Like

Your leader’s have evaluated that corp growth demands that you align with an in game alliance. Unless your alliance is really, really bad, the alliance is going to take the shape and form of most sov-holding null sec alliances.

One tact you could take is to understand why the alliance needs money. I can almost promise you, as someone who has been in the role, most alliance leaders, xos of the small time factions, most, don’t make a dime.

Your corp got caught up in the goals of a bigger alliance. Chances are you have access to really great services like jump bridges and refining upwells. Chances are your alliance leadership is trying to make the system work.

Sounds like maybe you’re not cut out for null tbh.

Brisc… is that you??

1 Like

Let me guess: you’re renters.

The Morlocks eating the Eloi as an EVE metaphor. Someone’s been up late nights . . . thinking.

2 Likes

no not renters we are part of the actual alliance