I personally want to see more PvE for capital ships

Like Besieged Covert Research sites in low? Nyx would be a bit of overkill if so, but sure could be quick and fun.

I’ve often thought EVE could use some in-between space from High to Low to Null. Like, High is currently sub-cap, Low goes straight to potential Cap hotdrops, and then Null goes straight to sov and intel and fairly instant responses. (Some regions excepted)

It would be good to have an area like Low but for Sub-Caps only. Then an area like current Low with caps, and then ‘lost’ space which would be like Low with caps but no local (but good rewards). And then null as usual.

Hard to see how current systems could be divided up that way, but it would add some interesting PvP potential.

1 Like

That sounds amazing, all for more area diversity.

Yeah, I have this problem with wipe on my server.

Economy issues with old overpowered items circulating among players plus new changes that I would like to do pretty much require me to wipe it. But players can’t handle the idea in most case.

Even some of the players who “won”, ie. have pretty much top equip and stopped playing, are against that idea. But the most vocal against that are casuals playing very little who obviously still aren’t close the top despite they play from start. And these threated they will no longer play again it if it being done. After my server was dead for a while, a new players started playing and now yet again I cannot wipe it because these new players just started playing, and wipe would erase all the effort they put into game in last 3 months. So majority of them would left as well.

It is nonsense. Peoples forgot why the games are played, it is the path to reach the end, not for the end itself. As such the idea of losing “progress” is something they cannot accept.

The Diablo/PoE ladder/non-ladder mechanic solves this nicely. Players are less upset about losing progress because they can still access that old toon. Funny thing is that they mostly don’t :wink: because very few players are playing on non-ladder server and ladder has new mechanics and new content too (at least in case of PoE, in diablo2 non-ladder had quite a lot of players as there was no new content in ladder).

1 Like

I think this is a classic case of players don’t actually know what they enjoy. If I really enjoy a game I usually wipe my self 2 or 3 times to see if I can get to the end faster or under restrictions for the challenge it makes the game a lot more enjoyable imo.

Yep, exactly trash players like you are what I articulated. Thanks for showing yourself and underlining that. I assume your little-man personality is linked to some serious real-life issues. Good luck with it lil man.

Analyse the situation a little better, you want a game that you don’t loose or risk anything, Wow caters to risk free mentality and Eve is the polar opposite.

Eve is not the game for you, if you want 0 risk.

You are now being hyper aggressive, in my culture that would make you the toxic one, boyo :].
We all have issues my bro but it sounds like you have a lot more.
But don’t worry when you grow up it will become easier to control your emotions, baby steps.

2 Likes

There aren’t any PvP opportunities for supercarriers in the game? What was CCP smoking when they designed EVE?

That sounds good actually.
Why didn’t/doesn’t CCP thunk of thing like that?

I’ve heard there is something called crab sites for capitals to farm those drone mutaplasmids but I’m not sure if supers can get in there, might be able to.

I don’t really like CCP’s idea of only a couple of ships being valid for a certain activity and sucking for another. Feels less like spaceships and more like a fashion show… every aspect of this game feels more contrived than naturally occurring, like there’s an invisible hand that sets limits and possibilities.

I think that has to do with how much tank most npc’s have, if you can’t kill them quick enough to make enough isk you are shoved into a high dps ship to be effective, such as the gila and so on, add on that huge incoming dps from npc’s and the ship’s narrow even further and pvp possible fit’s turn to mandatory pve fit’s and then because they are fitting pve mod’s they will run at the first sign of potential combat.

The problem’s lie at the core which is the npc’s and their setup in my opinion.

I would rather the npc’s where smarter, flew better but had player equivalent stats and where less of them and worth more, than the masses of them we get now.

1 Like

Correct. Most of PvE challenges simply boils down to how much EHP you need to burn thru. Hence only optimal way is to have as much effective DPS as possible.

Actually its players who say things like “its now impossible to…” who have this idea

Hyperbole is the enemy of creative thought.

1 Like

I don’t care about that personally, but the incoming DPS is too high. It seems to me that the incoming DPS is balaced against best ship possible or/and also maxed pilot skills.

As alpha I am limited to lvl3 missions, but I still do them sometimes to get better standing or just for fun. Still, even the crappy lvl 3 missions are extremely hard to tank with a maxed alpha pilot (some of them at least, faction also matters, Guristas are worst with their 100+km missiles). It really just makes very few ships viable and if you use different ship you get destroyed or forced to rewarp into mission 5 times like idiot. I actually started using Praxis into lvl 3 missions and neither that is enough (I assembled quite a ■■■■ fit I admit, but still).

And this forces us to use only very narrow array of ships for missions and it also forces us to not use ewar mods, hence when someone comes to suspect bait there is no point engage him because he can always warp away, buy you can’t. (Which is what I always took advantage of suspect baiting myself as I was doing that in weaker ship and was hoping I can overwhelm the carebear with experiences which of course not always worked so I ran away)

Likewise NPC tank is also quite hard sometimes. Again, I don’t care about ISK/hour at all, but the missions often takes too long to finish to the point it isn’t fun but annoying. Which then further reduces the array of ships we want to use for PVE as only handful of them can get certain values of DPS while being able to tank the NPCs well enough.

On the other hand, I am really not sure how it should be designed, if the NPCs will be weaker, the min/max players will still use the best option possible and even increase their profits… The utter problem is gonna be in ship balance I guess…

Like the mining defense fleet? FOB rats or abyssal? :poop: all of that imo.

1 Like

But certain missions require a specific type of ships to run them. That’s not hyperbole.
And when a veteran says it’s now impossible to run such or such mission in such or such ship I tend to give that credence by virtue of their seniority.

Now imagine new sites being developed using the super over buffed maruaders as reference, no other ships would stand a chance.

But yea as an alpha gila is super dominant.

Crowfall tried exactly that, a half loot sandbox pvp MMO with the equivalent of null sec to conquer and built around pvp seasons. As soon as the first season ended and everyone’s gains were locked away for the second season to begin… Everyone quit and the game died inside 6 months.

Given it takes around 3 years to train up a proficient titan pilot, 1.5 years for a rorq pilot, 1.5 years for a carrier pilot, 2 years for a FAX pilot, how do you square that with seasons? Would require some massive changes to skill training. Not against that, game needs radical designs, but Crowfall has shown it doesn’t work with sandbox games imo.

A one-off server wipe / fresh server could work, I was there day 1 of WoW classic to relive the nostalgia of playing in 2005, but for every WoW Classic there is also Anarchy Online classic, which bombed and died in a few months. It’s hugely risky.

1 Like

Obviously this only works when the “top end” can be reached relatively soon. If the game is designed for players to take 10+ years to get there, then the wipe mechanic no matter how you make it less severe with server B or whatever is not going to be popular.

Thats why I was considering reverse wipe :stuck_out_tongue:

Where the main server is the one where everything ends up after wipe
and the compeditive server is for sub cap’s and if one person can rush a carrier or something they have a huge advantage over resources.

Exactly. It all feel so contrived.

2 Likes

Hmmm I missed that. That is great idea, might inherit that for my projects.

1 Like