I personally want to see more PvE for capital ships

Ah yes, launch drones and orbit can. Truly fund experience. I find abyss more mind numbing that mining or missions. It’s one of most repetitive content in EVE.

That is why I don’t use drones.
Also the gila is broken AF, try a different ship its like playing a brand new game.

Remember that the gila was designed so that at least everyone in the game can do all content no matter their skill level.

Using same argument I can do lvl 4’s in AF “for more fun”. Gila don’t change the fact that abyss is very respective. And those few grains of solved years ago RNG don’t really help.

They have at least added some changes over those years thou, to keep it adjusting slowly.

You’re forgetting the time to recoup a 1b fit compared to a 80m fit.

It was the same with null sec ratting, hyper nyx used to cost around 25b fit (40b+ in today’s money - don’t believe those scam contracts in low sec) and would make around 350m/hour so 75 hours solid ratting just to break even. Ratting Ishtar used to cost 300m (150m now due to moon go price slide as null has nothing else of value to mine post scarcity ore nerfs) but made 60m/hour so roughly 5 hours to break even.

Question was always, would you lose the Nyx in that 75 hour window. Back when BB and various other NPSI groups were much bigger due to more whaling content and the likes of Inner Hell / HK routinely roaming through null burning down space, that was a really challenging proposition.

Rorqs are another example, they made 90m/hour pre scarcity / indy changes for a 10b fit with excavs, over 100 hours to recoup. At peak Eso was losing loads of rorqs and supers every single day, which kept the defence fleet pings flowing, content for all throughout each evening, literally all of that content has totally dried up. Very few def fleet pings now as very few whales for NPSI / WHs / misc roamers to whelp.

Killing a dread doing a CRAB beacon isn’t really the same incentive for whalers as the old days where they’d drop on 20 rorqs and kill 12 of them or catch a super ratting etc.

2 Likes

I just assume you wouldnt lose a 1b Hawk in a T3?

It can be 1 shot with a wrecking shot from an npc if you are super unlucky thing has like 4.5k ehp.

Is that mathematically likely enough to include in costing though?

Yea unfortunately its like 1 in 20 runs so anything over 300mil in cost just is not worth it.

Also triple battle ship spawn and you run out of time so yea 1 in 20 ish.

It really doesnt sound fun at all.

Just a numbers exercise

Sorry I was wrong it was 1 in 40

but here:

It’s fun but not worth running.

2 Likes

Yeah, CRAB beacons appear to have been a poorly implemented attempt to lure solo caps to hang out in space long enough to become ‘content’ for someone else.

It’s good that CCP made the attempt, it’s poor that they half-assed it as usual. And also demonstrates again that they simply don’t understand how and why the player base plays.

I’m not familiar with Cap play but I’d assume that any Cap PVE design that actually gets played would probably have to be designed around taking a small to mid sized group of Caps and support ships out against something that’s at least going to compete with other content for ISK/hr.

Kind of like mini-excursions or the Pochven flashpoint sites. Something to be a fun challenge without being ludicrously profitable, and also expose the Cap group to PvP risk.

2 Likes

You are literally being toxic right now, friend.

Maybe you should calm down before you hurt yourself.

2 Likes

Im sorry to hear that you are too upset to understand what constructive is.

But Im afraid to say that you arent illustrating constructivism with your posting.

Is there something practical youd like to say, or would you prefer to just rant about rainbow flags and how everyone is worse than you, while illustrating how awful a person can be when trying to be edgy?

I really hope the reply that you are writing now is about the utility of various ship hulls or it will be terribly off topic.

1 Like

Make me.

It is, actualy, thank you for your concern.

Now, what is your opinion on using sub optimal ship hulls for PvE tasks? Do you think its fun? Whats your ideal ship for doing say Level 5 missions with?

Do you think there should be more content for Capital Ships, or do you think Capital Ships need to be obsolencenced due to power creep and proliferation?

Wait, so you are saying I have a brain like a pulse but Im also responsible for a whole bell-curve?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! Dont mind if I do

Now, you said

So for a start you lied, but thats ok I forgive you.
However, to come to a forum for nerds and say that “you guys have no lives” is interesting because Im guessing it means that you dont have much better to be at yourself.

How is your son btw? No visitation this weekend? Sorry to hear that, must suck.

If you come here and start screaming and shouting, don’t get offended when someone calls out your bad attitude lol you are acting like a child.

Eve is meant to be a dangerous game, a game where nothing is safe. This is the very foundation on which Eve is built. To come and ask for it to be like all the other games that keep you safe and warm goes against it’s very being.
Eve gives you adrenaline and emotional rush’s if those dangers where to disappear the game would feel sterile.
Learn to appreciate it for what it is instead of trying to kill its magic.

The logical solution would be to find a game that suits what you want instead of trying to change something else into what you want.

There are plenty slot machine games that follow the addiction formula of drop shiny item give it a cool colour but make you grind your ass for it then make it useless with future patch and make you grind again. Go play one of those rather.

moar fun

1 Like

Yup ran a few sites in my super. Been docked for months.
My dred has killed 1 infested carrier thats it. Pve for caps is no where near worth undocking.

1 Like

O.R.E dislikes this post