I think I'll call it Yaro's Star!

I think it’s a really pretty star. Probably the shiniest in all Sinq Liason.

If it turns out to be special, you know what to call it.

6 Likes

I am sure it is every bit as special as you.

5 Likes

If anybody wants to register a star name with the Official Star Registry Service just send me your application and the 100 ISK processing fee.

3 Likes

Aww… That’s so wholesome of you!

3 Likes

I think you went full Borkstar, Ms. Ruil! Never go full Borkstar!

2 Likes

Truth be told Miss Kim, I genuinely thought this was a huge discovery. Of course after comparing old star charts and triangulating the star’s position, not only was the star always there, but it was actually Kassigeinen’s star system as seen from Auvergnerne.

For some strange reason, it is the brightest star visible in that system. My bet is that the light visibile on that system is actually how the star used to look before it droped down on the K-Scale and started losing luminosity as it transformed into a dwarf star.

But still, it is a nice photo and I wanted to share it!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing it. It is very pretty; the nebula sort of reaches out to tickle it, no? You did a wonderful job with the framing of it.

Also even if it is a perfectly normal star after all, it suggests that even the most normal things can be exciting and even alarming in a different context. Ooo, metaphor! But anyway. A good bit of art, and I don’t need to make it a more fussy thing than it is.

4 Likes

Thread purged and re-opened.

Please keep future discussion on topic.

• AA
7 Likes

It’s a nice star, perhaps we should call it ISDs STAR.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like an excellent idea!

1 Like