I want to see the Caldari Navy do better

Where oh where is Muryia Mordu.

1 Like

Don’t sell yourself too short, I’m sure the Guristas and still make use out of you yet by being a Capsuleer alone. Benefits come with the status afterall.

Maybe look to the recruitment center in Tasiy for more info… Though last i checked that system is trig occupied. Though I’m sure you can still find someone there to speak with.

Way I see it, the Guristas are at least doing meritocracy right, better than the State is. With the Guristas, there isn’t stopping anyone from chasing after what they want. No bureaucracy holding anyone back, all between you and what you seek to accomplish is your own initiative.

Maybe that lifestyle isn’t for anyone, which is why I feel as if the State deserves to exist a wee bit, you know? I don’t want them erased off the map and replaced with some masked weirdos with a fetish for the number three. Power to them, but I don’t want people in the State to be subjected to that just because their Navy failed to live up to the hype they’ve been sold on this whole time.

I thank you for that, we’ll do what we can.

VPN has operated smoothly so far as independent infrastructure for Venal. The inconviences of not being integrated into the Guristas are petty and far between, Besides, if some refugees have cold feet about joining the Guristas right away? Well maybe they can find work with our Agency…Maybe even go into freelance work if they bring over any talents with them! We can help find use for them…

Yes, where is he I wonder? I imagine he has his people already trying to offer support the State free of charge… But I doubt they alone would able to turn things around for the State, they’re a legitimate military force, don’t get me wrong - But they’re relatively small in comparison to say… The Guristas, who manage to have a presence region-wide in all of State space and some null security regions that Capsuleers colonize.

I’ll compliment the Legion like this, they got quality, but not quantity.

1 Like

Wirashoda is being abandoned.

Funny thing is, there was a glimmer of hope in me.

In everyone, maybe.

I was on the field in Wirashoda for several hours. In this small amount of time I played several different roles. Starting by being a logistics pilot, to Roaming wing Commander, to Conduits Commander, Back to Roaming and back to Conduit commander… I went where I was needed, did what needed to be done. to keep that fleet working smoothly and try and make progress for EDENCOM

And we we were making it, we started to gain ground, then lose it, then gain it back… It felt possible, you know? It felt like this was gonna be the triumphant moment! the moment the navy finally turns the tables and starts taking some victories in high-risk systems!

21 was the number of the day, long before I even showed up the fleet of EDENCOM Capsuleers managed to help the Navy maintain a stalemate for hours. While trying to learn how to be more efficient with managing these two wings, I had a thought of hope in the back of my head that maybe we could make this a fortress, just maybe today will be the moment.

…Then Bei came under siege.

Look, I’m not an idiot - I understand Bei’s strategic importance and agree that it’s fair more important than some dead-end system in Caldari space

But that’s it… Caldari Space seems more and more like a lost cause. the only reason Wirashoda had the focus it did was because it was the only invasion in mainland highsec at the time, ontop of it being a risk system. Then Bei shows up, a system that’s not even at risk of liminal, and EDENCOM shifts it focus…

Again, i understand why - even a minor victory for the Trigs out there would have an impact on trade. Such is war that these calls have to be made and not put manpower into something that is deemed a lost cause.

The fact that Caldari Space is seen more and more like a lost cause is what pains me. As i’ve said with the start of this post, I want to see the Navy do better. And today I felt like I saw them do better, I saw progress being made in a Caldari system for once! However, we’re not there just yet, and the Navy is running out of time to win back the confidence of EDENCOM Capsuleers before their pleas are ignored entirely for systems in the Federation, Republic or Empire.

Very soon, the Navy will be left to fend for itself with only the most diehard loyalist Capsuleers on the frontlines to fight alongside them. Their patriotism won’t be enough and their efforts would be nothing more than a final act of defiance before going down the whole ship. This needs to change quickly if the State has any hope of existing anymore.

To the people of Wirashoda, I am sorry.

3 Likes

It’s mostly about conserving energy at this point. Piloting a ship is tiresome, and although Triglavians don’t pose a challenge most of the time, spending extended hours inside the pod does take its toll on capsuleers. If a pilot gets too exhausted defending a system, they simply won’t be able to show up to the next focus. Securing Bei is simply a much more feasible task than pulling that system from near-liminality. It’s not just a question of liminality candidate or not, it’s also a matter of being able to fight for the next high-risk system. And the effort required to save a Caldari system in relation to others definitely plays a part in that.

4 Likes

I understand fully, I don’t see any problem with chasing after Bei from a tactical standpoint. I agree with everything you said.

However, if we wanna talk about energy among pilots, State systems require a lot of energy for minimial gain, why? Because the Navy is failing to pull its weight for whatever reason. Capsuleers are putting in shifts to hopefully defend state space, but to what end? Are the navy gonna make those hours clocked in by Capsuleers worth it? Are Capsuleers gonna be so tired about spending time fighting for the State that they’ll start ignoring their calls for help just to conserve said energy for a more meaningful battle when State space means double the work load for them?

1 Like

Let us hope that the CEP will react , something good can come out of this crisis .

Their fedual levies had just seized the reins of the Caldari Navy and put its leaders under house arrest. They promised a better response but nothing’s actually changed. Just more infighting between which ‘daimyo’ gets to evacuate his assets first.

Well Erwin , we are ready to take over . Glory to the State .

You idiots are the reason the Caldari Navy’s in the shite condition it’s in.

1 Like

You do not have to be sorry. You were not to blame. I was in command of the EDI forces in the system. I made the decision to move the fleet to Bei, in order to prevent another Niarja. I will bear the guilt.

6 Likes

There is guilt and there is profit. One is not without other. As a Caldari Citizen I understand that sacrifice.

1 Like

I apologize from a standpoint that maybe I’ve could’ve done more.

Maybe I’ve could’ve been involved sooner and help make that difference, help turn around a system for the Caldari, just once.

It seems like all of Caldari space is land ready to be sacrificed for attacks in the Federation, Republic or Empire…

Again, you wanna talk about the strategic important of Bei? Fine… I lose on that point. You win.

But how much longer are Caldari systems gonna be left to the wayside when the Federation or republic is attacked? How many more colonies of the State gonna be sacrificed for the profit of other nations?

For the hundredth time… Yes, Bei was important - But I can’t help but feel like it was for a literal minor victory… Bei wasn’t at risk of falling to liminal, Yet a system that was at risk was given up on when there was still yet a fight to win if it had just enough manpower to make that push…

I SAW progress… I SAW hope! I SAW a victory that the State could’ve finally found new encouragement in. No… That went out the door when Bei was attacked. Wirashoda was merely something to keep EDENCOM Capsuleers entertained until another focus in High security space emerged… Even then, when I was in control of both Roaming and Conduit fleet, I didn’t even see that many people there…

I get the impression that this goes beyond just being tactical and making the tough calls… I’m getting the impression that people are actually starting to lose faith in defending State space and would rather put their time in defending the Federation, republic and Empire because at least their navies are competent.

Another Caldari system falls to the Trigs

Another star for them to suck dry for whatever purpose they have in mind.

Another sorry reminder for the people of the State that their society might be doomed in the face of this invasion…

5 Likes

To the caterpillar, a butterfly sounds like death.

3 Likes

Admittedly I’m not 100% certain what you’re getting at here, then again I have a pretty good guess of what you’re talking about.

You’re implying that right now the State is a cataerpiller, a juvenile and ugly creature that is naturally destined to become a higher form of itself in the form of a butterfly. And this invasion is more or less the "Cocoon’ stage in the State’s evolutionary process… And the idea of becoming the butterfly sounds like the end, because it is the end. The end of this pitiful version of themselves and the Start of their true being

Into what? Well, that can go two ways

Firstly, in that the State pulls itself together in this time of intense pressure and reforms itself from the in-out to be twice as efficient as it every was and bring a new way of life to it’'s people. A beautiful transformation form the ugly caterpillar that is the State, into…Well whatever it would be after this.

And honestly? Don’t see much hope that way… Already the writing is on the wall with the top brass of the Caldari Navy being arrested, and in there place? Representatives of the police force of the big 8 take control of the whole show… Congratulations! Now the line between police and Military is officially blurred as policed trained commanders take control of the Navy… Splitting up command between each police force in itself is a problem, because now you have people with different loyalties in charge of your Navy - that should view the State as one singular entity, instead of 8 entities under one increasingly small umbrella.

Now the second way that statement can be interpreted? Is that the next evolutionary step for the State is the Triglavians…

I don’t get it…

I’ve went in and actually talked to Trig sympathizers, I ask them questions, i try to understand why the hell it is that they’re fighting for the Triglavians. And nobody even really knows what the hell it is the Collective even wants… Yet they’re so fanatically loyal to this idea that they’re by default some superior cultural entity that is just the best alternative than the big four.

And I have to ask… Why is it that they are no different? Why is it that people who can’t even their god damn language trying to present the Triglavians as this civilized nation above savage barbarians.

Yeah they got some pretty fancy tech, but have you seen the specs of the Rattlesnake? We got some fancy hightech ■■■■ too. Hell, have you seen the kind of products O.R.E puts out?

Trigs aren’t any better alternative than what we have now… They’re just ANOTHER alternative I guess. Another choice for people to make…But I refuse to see a Faction that keeps it’s own supporters in the dark as to what it is they even want as some better alternative for any society in New Eden.

1 Like

Following the metamorphosis of a Caterpillar carefully, I hazard to say that she expects a near complete breakdown of the State, just as a Caterpillar breaks down into a slurry of disconnected cells with its cocoon, before the people reconstitute it into something better.

2 Likes

So the Former

As to the language part of the Trigs we actually understand them fairly well, their terminology and alphabet have been decoded by ARC.

Writing is just one thing

I said SPEAK the language… I see plenty of people writing in triangles, but I’ve never heard someone outside the collective actually verbally speak in triangles

It’s also likely a dumbed down version of whatever they are speaking so us rectangles can understand.

1 Like

Ok now that point is dumb, Ancient Terra civs and even some Civs in Eve are known to use symbols for language. This includes the Talocan.