I would like to see a smaller salvage ship in the game

Current salvage / loot dedicated ships (Noctis, Purpoise) are too clunky to use in many situations. You can fit a regular ship for it, like a vexor, and give it salvagers, cargo expanders some tractor beams and salvagedrones, but its just not the same thing, like mining with battleships. Its not the same.

So I would like to see a smaller size version of the Noctis. Maybe another Nereus based hull or something even smaller dedicated to salvaging with maybe 2 tractor beams + salvagers + 5 salvaging drones and of course appropriate salvage bonusses and a bit more cargo space, maybe 700-800 ish base. Also, would like this ship to be T1 if possible, but not alpha, or at least not optimally alpha (well, alphas already can’t use salvage drones) so the ship would be usable by new players, but not fully by alphas.

I think a small salvage ship would be a good addition and we would see more people use these types of vessels.

Before the Noctis, people just threw some tractors and salvagers onto a Destroyer. If you want a cheaper version, go use one of those again.

This wouldn’t be “a good addition” because it would just be a 10 minute stepping stone to getting yourself a Noctis. Or…

Since the addition of Salvage Drones and the Mobile Tractor Unit, nobody really needs a Salvage ship anyway. Drop the MTU as soon as you arrive, then start killing stuff. When you get towards the end, let the Salvage Drones loose and they will “aggressively” start going after the pile of wrecks you’ve accumulated.

2 Likes

Sounds like you want a salvage barge with noctis salvage power.

If there was a smaller slvage ship it would be best built off something like the Navitas. Four highs. Some cargo space. Three drones. Fast and manuveralbe but not capable of noctis level salvaging.

Use a destroyer thats what we did when there was no noctis

1 Like

Its so easy to get into a Noctis that this new ship would be used for what? 1 day? and then no one would use it ever again. As said before with tractors in game you dont even need the noctis. 108km tractor range of the noctis is pretty useless because a battleship can take 5-6 tractors with him. And a destroyer salvages just as fine until you get the noctis.

Yea guys :slight_smile: I am more then well aware about using a destroyer or cheap T1 cruiser, and on occasions, I do. However the point is I shouldn’t have to. There should be a salvaging type vessel, preferrably of ORE faction, size wise somewhere between destroyer / cruiser. Alternatively, make another Nereus variant since the Gallente Indys already have all these funky variants like epithal, etc., and it would make perfect sense lore wise from perspective of salvage drones.

Don’t think that’s accurate. What I would like to see is a smaller vessel dedicated to, or at least partially dedicated to salvaging, but not necessarily with more power. After all, if you give it half the cargo hold and half turret / tractor beam slots of a noctis (or maybe even less, numers are TBD), it won’t have the same power. I would like one that is simply not as clunky, more nimble and a bit more flexible. Fully usable by Omega new bros, and partially, or not at all by alphas.

Also, on a related side note, I would like to see salvage used in a lot more things as components, perhaps additional salvage ? Some slavage parts that are not in teh game yet ?

To me, it feels much more as “active play” over any existing mining / indy stuff which is jsut too passive and leads to too many multiboxers, AFKers, bots, etc, and I don’t blame them, mining bored me to tears. I scrapped my miner for extractors back when everyone else did it as well and put those SPs into combat toons. Best thing I have done in this game ever.

So I think having such a ship would go a long way towards making gameplay a bit better for a lot of people, not just myself.

Magnate / Heron / Probe / Imicus all share salvager bonus.
5% reduction in Salvager duration per faction frigate level, so up to 25%.

As it was pointed out, before Noctis, common were 8 salvager or 4 salvager/4 tractor destroyers.
Don’t think you need anything between this and the Noctis.

2 Likes

No need, salvage drones fill this role

Instead of a whole new ship, I’d ask for tractor and cargo bonuses to the support subsystems on strategic cruisers. That way you could carry around a depot and salvage mods/rigs/drones, and refit in space.

1 Like

A lot of people miss that fact and I think these bonused salvagers and drones make them a very viable option. They are cheap and imo as good as any destroyer.
All four have 400 m³ base cargo and a Magnate can get even more than 1.000 m³ with it’s 4 low slots.

Salvage Magnate (click to expand)

[Magnate, Low Budget Salvaging]

Type-D Restrained Expanded Cargo

Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Drone Navigation Computer I
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I

Small Salvage Tackle I
Small Salvage Tackle I
Small Salvage Tackle I

Salvage Drone I x3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.