Ice Harvesting 2 for Alphas

i was reading a lot now, but havent found any information of how alphas should be able to do ice mining, due to the lack of a ship capable of use of ice mining lasers or ice harvesters

have anyone found out more by now?

fly safe o7

Considering that there was no change to the harvesting power of Alphas in the latest release. It should be obvious that Alphas are intended to be consumers not producers in New Eden. It ice mining was allowed (or ore mining was anyway beyond basic access) then it would be too tempting for players to multi-box alphas for harvesting. The difficulty of access Ice mining is what allows Ice retain its value in the player driven market.

You have access to gas harvesters. Scan down a WH and take risks for a big payday.

So, what is the purpose of ice harvesting skill enabled to alphas ?

They enable the ice lasers but thereā€™s no ship to fit them !

The purpose for allowing the skills is TO MAKE YOU PAY A SUBSCRIPTION.

Alphas do not need to mine ice, you want to mine ICE get a God Damned sub you fekking leeches

1 Like

During the Ships & Modules roundtable at EVE Vegas, mentioned about introducing an ORE ship that would be destroyer or cruiser size that Alphas would be able to use but very well.

My guess is that it would be something like the old Procurer where it would only have one ice harvester or strip miner and they would only be able to train the ship skill to lvl 1 or 2.

100% agree with this. IMO thereā€™s too big a gap between the Venture and the barges.

ok, yall better be sitting down for thisā€¦

Iā€™m an alpha player and I agree with the omegaā€™s saying alphaā€™s shouldnā€™t be given access to certain ships and activities such as ice mining, etc.

Free to play should be a somewhat scaled back version of what the game encompasses for paying players, so that eventually the alpha will finally decide to ā€˜pony upā€™ and help support the game financially. EVE is very generous to alphaā€™s already - thereā€™s tons of content and no shortage of opportunities to make money, blow stuff up, build stuff and explore. There should be a clear and great distinction between alpha and omega, and I think the game is already at a pretty good balance in that regard.

In my opinion, not letting alphaā€™s ice mine is likely to lose the game a very small minority of players - who arenā€™t paying - whereas allowing alphaā€™s to ice mine is likely to cause some omegaā€™s to decide to stop paying and go alpha. Thatā€™s bad business - both in EVE and in the real world.

CCP - should you happen to read this post - donā€™t give us alphaā€™s too much stuff the omegaā€™s are paying for. Itā€™ll hurt the community and the game in the long run.

There. Iā€™ve said my pieceā€¦

2 Likes

Why can alpha chars learn ice mining if we canā€™t use it?
The skill is literally worthless to us.

I can right now go buy 2 ice mining lasers train the skill to lvl 2 so I can use them but I canā€™t get a ship where I can use them on. Thatā€™s just stupid beyond belief.

If they did not want us to Ice Mine they should never have given us the skill in the first place. Allowing us to train plants false hopes in alpha players.

Alphas are not going to get ice harvesting. Ever. If CCP allowed them to do that, everyone and their dog would have VPN accounts with hordes of free alpha bot fleets in the ice anoms. The omegas that do this are bad enough already.

The ice mining skill is for a reason and that is they WILL get ice harvesting now the thing is either CCP is going to add the bonus to the venture in a future rebalance pass or they have a holiday gift ship they wanted to tease on with this skill.
My best gues is they have a holiday ship in the works or perhaps one to be released early next year.
If the skill wasnā€™t intended to be put to use they wouldnā€™t have added it or it wouldā€™ve been removed from access to alphas by now.
So grab your ice picks boys and girls!!! :wink:

Maybe. As long at itā€™s just Ventures that pop in 2 secondsā€¦

okā€¦
Ice skills are disabled for alphas for nowā€¦
close this threadā€¦

they are? CCP must have decided to back track and cancel that new alpha mining ship there was talk about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.