[Idea exploration] Further Battlecruiser Tiericity

did you just ignore the rest of what i posted?

I would not bring Storks to the same fights I would bring a Corax.

I definitely would not bring manticores to the same fights i would kestrels.

If I need a black bird a Falcon is not going to be a viable replacement.

being focused into a singular role is not the same as just doing the same thing but better

ya, I did, since it’s irrelevant for this thread, just like most of what you’ve posted this far

MJD’s. But i bet it’d be OP.

So if there is a BC that is as fast as as cruisers but stronger; why ever use cruisers?

I’d love an overhaul of ewar drones but overhauling the drones themselves would be better than making a ship just for them.

I still think we should gecko-ise ewar drones.

I do remember seeing something like this before, I’m not sure if it was here or on the old forums.
Basically, take the ABCs, and turn them into heavy bombers. They are already glass canons, so that perfect, give them 6 or so torpedo launchers and maybe the ability to fit more than one bomb launchers.

1 Like

making EC, Damp, and TD drones 1 big drone for each size so 1 light is the size and strength of 5 current ones.

would be a good start then making the nuet drones a bit stronger and increasing the speed of web drones would fix most issues with them. Only “issue” is now you need at least 25m3 use utility EC drones.

Except what I posted isn’t irrelevant. You may think “more ships more better” but thats not the case as they all need to be balanced with every other ship in the game. They need to be useful and not make other ships useless.

Price would be a factor. But I mean you would have to sensibly balance this type like all the other ships.

I think making a ship for it could be way more interesting from a gameplay aspect.

Also, T3BCs might be worth exploring. But what would they be about?

price should never be used to balance a ship. 100m to you might be the same as 100b to me.

again this is backwards. Find something the game needs then build a ship for that. don’t make a ship then try to find something it could do.

1 Like

And where did I say I wanted that? I said I wanted to explore the idea, meaning discussing among other things balance, viability, need. But so far all you’ve done is be negative towards this whole concept and act like I wanted something specific added to the game no questions asked.

Well, maybe to you. And no, I like to imagine something that could in whatever way be useful and fun and then see if it works.

1 Like

Price doesn’t balance well on it’s own. Nullsec use faction battleships as doctrine and drop disposable structures.

Even the tech3 SP penalty didn’t stop them becoming doctrine.

I hate tech 3’s. Both times they were impossible to balance.

Would just like to add that while it’s a good approach for innovation, brainstorming, all that, it’s really not as good for when you’d rather look at EVE as less of a toy and more of an ecosystem. An addition that’s fun is not necessarily an addition that’s considerate of what it’s being added to.

Ya. With “[…] and then see if it works.” I didn’t mean to throw it into the game tho, but whether it would work as a ship - like for example, the eWar drones ship.

^ this.

The level of freedom and the sandbox nature of the game requires a different approach.

remember I didn’t say

“CCP should never add another battle cruiser”

I asked Why and asked you to give me aspects of the game that needed filling.

I pointed out that siege and cruiser killing already had roles filled by existing BC.

but in this case why would that need to be or even make sense as a battle cruiser over say a frigate or a cruiser.

frigates and cruisers are the multi role class that have more support options added.
Frigates probably would have a limited drone bay so best bet would be a cruiser.

the roles DD and BC fill are ones of tank and/or spank

There’s the navy griffin, and while my opinions aren’t exactly based in fleet-pvp-experience, I say we have enough ewar drone ships.

Why would I need a reason or specific need filled to explore the idea of ships filling not yet discovered needs?

And what would be so bad about having ships that do it better of have more versatility/specialization to them while doing this job?
We have T1 Cruiser that can rep and we have T2 Cruisers that rep with added perks. I don’t see the problem here.

I think you answered in part your own question. Also, what’s wrong thinking about/imagining such a ship?

That’s one ship with one bonus to one type of drone. :thinking:

They don’t though

T1 cruisers while they don’t rep as well they are more efficient with those reps. T2 rep a lot harder but are more cap intensive. This is why I said they were geared for repping fleets with higher buffer. You use them on ships with low buffer then you’re just using extra cap for no reason.

how… i asked why you would add the E-war frigs to a BC and pointed out that BC aren’t generally focused around that type of support role. Even their links aren’t added based on them being a natural support ship but rather they have the high Tank needed on a ship that would be running links.

If I wanted to make a new BC i would take from the existing lines and split them

So ships like the Claymore Damnation Eos Nighthawk

rather than being command ships and giving links I would further go down the tank and damage path giving them bonuses to hardener and weapon heat bonuses.

Problem is Eve also already has that role filled with T3C

Fair enough. Just look at how drone-based e-war would be applied and countered instead. Ship-originating ecm forces you to attack the ship while drone-based ecm forces you to just wait for the cycle to be over unless the victim has smartbombs or the time or patience to wait 10-20 seconds or w/e.

Then there’s neuting drones which while I admit could be interesting, would add a significant change if they all of a sudden had meaningful magnitudes. Numbers aside I think the bigger question is how being able to attack capacitors at 60km or whatever would influence solo, small, and large engagements.

TP drones, just… no

Damping straight up doesn’t need to be done with drones because it already has ridiculous range. On top of that the point of damps is to take advantage of said range which drone’s kinda don’t do (although some kind of range damp sentry does sound funny)

What else? Web drones? Very difficult to predict the effects imo.

And that’s just getting overly specific when there isn’t even a real concept for any ship yet. What does it matter what the difference between T1 and T2 Logi is when the question is whether there is room and need for the broad concept of a Heavy Attack BC?
Fact is there is T1 and T2 Logi. So then there could also be room for a T2 Attack BC.

Because BC are higher up on the ladder. They provide far more tank and they would provide higher eWar strenght through the use of up to heavy drones. The question then just is would it be in any way usefull? How could it be made useful?