Idea For New Player Retention - Trial Period

RE: Scoots Choco

“because it’s obvious that you don’t actually want to help anyone”
" You’re not trying to help anyone but yourself."

Above, nothing but conjecture… You are assuming my intent, and while doing it you are showing your logical incoherence.

“So going by that, we can expect your suggestion, of making new players invulnerable for 14 days, would actually be WORSE in regards to your original thread’s title claim that this is to help “New Player Retention”.”

Alright then, I stand corrected, my suggestion has been undoubtedly rejected by the science of CCP’s math and numbers. I offered an opinion/suggestion in an attempt to help… Obviously I struck a nerve, unfortunate as it is, it wasn’t deliberate. Good learning experience for me…n00b beware, prepare to back up any suggestions with science, math, numbers, and maybe even a couple double-blind studies just to be sure…smh

Yeah, how dare people ask you to justify your ideas and not just mindlessly praise you and give you a participation trophy…

RE: Merin Ryskin

“how dare people ask you to justify your ideas and not just mindlessly praise you”

I went through all of my posts, and damned if I don’t see any of them asking for mindless praise… interesting… Nice try though

No, you openly didn’t ask for it. You just whined and cried and made excuses every time anyone said anything even remotely critical. You have neither the intelligence to understand why your idea is bad nor the honesty to stand by it when criticized. All you have is evasion and excuses: “I’m just making ideas”, “asking me for evidence smh”, “all the trolls are here so I must be right”, etc. This makes you even more pathetic than the people who are at least honest enough to be direct in asking for praise.

TL;DR: please do what you think newbies do without your proposed 14-day immunity and quit EVE.

"please do what you think newbies do without your proposed 14-day immunity and quit "

There it is… tell me to quit because you disagree with me. That is toxicity 101, thanks for being so open to exposing yourself for what you are. I will look forward to seeing you in the game…even if I lose (and most assuredly will) I will enjoy, at the very least, proving you wrong about who I am.

I’ve already said it before. We get kids like you who don’t know what they’re talking about every other week, and it’s the same story.

Actually yeah.

Nope, telling you to quit because of your pathetic dishonesty. If you disagreed with me and provided evidence and compelling counter-arguments we could have a constructive debate. But instead all you have is “all of you are trolls” and “I’m just making ideas” and similar evasion. When you quit EVE will not lose anything at all.

RE: Scoots Choco

“I’ve already said it before. We get kids like you who don’t know what they’re talking about every other week, and it’s the same story.”

Cool… Congratulations.

“Actually yeah.”

I look forward to continued dialogue where you hold yourself to the same standard… I am sure you do with every comment and suggestion.

“Nope, telling you to quit because of your pathetic dishonesty.”

More conjecture…absolutely nothing substantiated. Keep going, you are making this easy

Merin has never told me to quit EVE despite often bitter disagreements on position.
So… For all I don’t like Merin, you are way in the wrong here , realise you have united people who normally are on opposite sides in how bad a suggestion this was and now in how much you are trolling by coming out with primary school level come backs.
And let it go.

RE: Nevyn Auscent

Glad I could unite people who are usually on opposite sides. People who take any opportunity to shame new players just because they don’t like their ideas. What a beautiful community you are a part of… people who offer nothing in the way of constructive criticism, but rather accusations and bitter vitriol. It’s rather disgusting if you ask me, but it isn’t unexpected - reading comments from people who have left the game named this community as one of their top reasons for losing interest, and all I needed to do was offer one “bad” idea to see for myself.

You were given constructive criticism. You weren’t insulted until you revealed yourself to be a dishonest troll instead of accepting the criticism and learning from it.

No, but we know from real stats the vast majority never make it to logging in. It has nothing to do with PvP or being ganked.

The third comment to me:

“All this would do is create more cowards like you who cry to ccp to avoid getting attacked”

…and I didn’t even start pushing back after that one. For me, this became less about my idea, and more about how brutal people can be to new folks offering a suggestion. It was an awful idea insofar as everyone here is concerned, totally cool, but the toxic responses weren’t provoked to begin with. The only thing I proved about myself was that I wouldn’t retire quietly from the forum trolls trying to shame and bully.

Dearest OP, I favor a different approach than you suggest:

2 Likes

Closed at OP’s request